Question for Eddard - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question for Eddard

Eddard,

I'm just wondering....you're obviously an intelligent man (currantness aside ;)), and as I understand it you're a Unionist and a Remain voter.

I realise you're not in Scotland, but you're exactly the type of person that the Yes campaign will need to convince if it's to succeed next time around. 

In that connection, and given the changing constitutional dynamic of the UK, is there anything that could persuade you to consider supporting Scottish independence come the 2nd referendum ?

Genuinely interested.

57 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Eddard,

I'm just wondering....you're obviously an intelligent man (currantness aside ;)), and as I understand it you're a Unionist and a Remain voter.

I realise you're not in Scotland, but you're exactly the type of person that the Yes campaign will need to convince if it's to succeed next time around. 

In that connection, and given the changing constitutional dynamic of the UK, is there anything that could persuade you to consider supporting Scottish independence come the 2nd referendum ?

Genuinely interested.

Absolutely would support a yes vote in an independence vote given the opportunity . I believe the arrogance of the Westminster Government in jettisoning Scotland out of the EU is criminal and undemocratic. I fallen out with a few mates over the Brexit vote. It really has unleashed the scourge of intolerance and racism in England. Cheers for the intelligent poster compliment ? Nicest thing anyone has said to me on here.

Edited by EddardStark

7 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Absolutely would support an independence vote given the opportunity . I believe the arrogance of the Westminster Government in jettisoning Scotland out of the EU is criminal and undemocratic. I fallen out with a few mates over the Brexit vote. It really has unleashed the scourge of intolerance and racism in England. Cheers for the intelligent poster compliment ? Nicest thing anyone has said to me on here.

First and last I'd suspect... :-)

Guid lad though

16 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Absolutely would support a yes vote in an independence vote given the opportunity . I believe the arrogance of the Westminster Government in jettisoning Scotland out of the EU is criminal and undemocratic. I fallen out with a few mates over the Brexit vote. It really has unleashed the scourge of intolerance and racism in England. Cheers for the intelligent poster compliment ? Nicest thing anyone has said to me on here.

:ok:

Cheers for the reply min.

Now for Andy Mac....

Edited by Rossy

I was at the football tonight and bumped into an old friend of mine, like myself an expat Scot.  Hadn't seen him for 18 months or so.  He used to be a regular home and away attended at Scotland games but he gave up about 5 or 6 years ago.   A big Rangers fan and probably one of the biggest Unionist guys I could think of that I know  - Unionist rather than Loyalist.   

To say that I was gobsmacked that he was reconsidering his view on Independence as a result of Brexit is an understatement.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

I was at the football tonight and bumped into an old friend of mine, like myself an expat Scot.  Hadn't seen him for 18 months or so.  He used to be a regular home and away attended at Scotland games but he gave up about 5 or 6 years ago.   A big Rangers fan and probably one of the biggest Unionist guys I could think of that I know  - Unionist rather than Loyalist.   

To say that I was gobsmacked that he was reconsidering his view on Independence as a result of Brexit is an understatement.

That's a very important distinction i think.

I have a similar pal from back home (Ayrshire) who i used to travel to home and away games with. Also a Rangers fan, but since 2014 has gone completely the other way. He's fallen under the Orange/Loyalist influence.

He de-friended me on Facebook last week, no doubt because i kept popping up on his posts with arguments he just didn't want to hear.

Edited by Dave78

With all this Brexit crap , have to say Ive never felt more like a foreigner in this country (England) than I do now. Not only is the xenophobia coming from the hard right Tories/UKIP - its also now the preserve of the Jeremy Kyle types ie. uneducated who came out in their droves to vote out of Europe solely on their racist anti-immigration views based on the drivel read in the Daily Mail/Sun. Very nasty undercurrent running through England ..I despair.

17 hours ago, EddardStark said:

I also agree - your a good poster Eddard, I like a lot (well some :lol:) of your stuff - you also love your club & there's nothing wrong with that (reincarnated or otherwise ;))