Six Nations - Page 2 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Six Nations

Tartan_Don

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game was great. Thought we lost it when the Irish went a point ahead and they should have taken advantage. Game management in the last 3 minutes was great but the 2nd half was all Ireland. Very good first half. The irish will be close. I think they play the Nigel's at home last game. Championship could come down to that game

Great result but how pish is our scrum without W P Nel? We would be as well off plopping a couple of tonnes of mince down on the park instead of our scrum. Not sure what they can do to sort that out? All the other teams will be looking to exploit it, that's for sure.

Fantastic performance. If Nel and Dickinson had been fit we'd have won by 30 points...

I haven't seen anything from the other 4 teams that mean Scotland should be overly worried about any of them. If we can get enough ball I reckon we can score buckets of points against all of them.

57 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Fantastic performance. If Nel and Dickinson had been fit we'd have won by 30 points...

I haven't seen anything from the other 4 teams that mean Scotland should be overly worried about any of them. If we can get enough ball I reckon we can score buckets of points against all of them.

Do you not think all the other teams will destroy us in the scrum, though? Maybe the Ireland scrum is just very good and made us look that bad. I hope so. I'm pretty sure Nel is out for the whole competition, not sure about Dickenson though? Wouldn't be surprised if we give away a penalty try in every game.

57 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Fixed it for you. 

To be fair you could have chosen another couple of guys for there too. ? 

Wales made hard work of Italy until they ran out of steam in the second half. 

Didn't see much of the England game but seen nothing so far that looks unbeatable for us. 

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Fixed it for you, sorry.

No problem. My French education ended in 2nd year back in 1982. 

My inner pedant would have done the same thing if he had been capable. ?

On 04/02/2017 at 4:26 PM, RenfrewBlue said:

Now for the next game,  Vive Le France! 

Allez les bleu.

2 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Fixed it for you, sorry.

Allez les bleus.

Fixed that for yous.

On 05/02/2017 at 9:41 PM, Toepoke said:

We're certainly long overdue a win at Twickers but I wouldn't be too confident...

I was expecting big defeats every game bar Italy, so I'm already ahead of the game. As long as we give the English a game and don't get pumped I'll be happy. 

6 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I was expecting big defeats every game bar Italy, so I'm already ahead of the game. As long as we give the English a game and don't get pumped I'll be happy. 

I didn't expect big defeats, I'm far from an expert in Rugby but I attend as many games as I can, we've been improving every year for the last three years. We've got an exciting young team with some real class in there now. I didn't expect us to win the tournament but I expected all home matches to be very close, the only match I expect defeat is at Twickenham, it looks like England have just had their "bad performance". They will improve as the tournament goes on. 

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Scotland have been improving game on game under Cotter . The Ireland game was always going to be close but i always believed we had enough to beat them the Italians and the Welsh are games we should win.

The French and the English have big packs, lots of muscle and brawn but if we can keep the ball away from them and move it quickly then there is a chance . If the French have one of there off days as they so often can and the English have one of there arrogant   "we are better than everyone else"  days then who knows.

This is rugby, players give 100%,  please do not confuse them with the non hope that is Scottish football !!! 

9 minutes ago, wellyman said:

Scotland have been improving game on game under Cotter . The Ireland game was always going to be close but i always believed we had enough to beat them the Italians and the Welsh are games we should win.

The French and the English have big packs, lots of muscle and brawn but if we can keep the ball away from them and move it quickly then there is a chance . If the French have one of there off days as they so often can and the English have one of there arrogant   "we are better than everyone else"  days then who knows.

This is rugby, players give 100%,  please do not confuse them with the non hope that is Scottish football !!! 

I didn't mean I think we're rubbish. I'm not a big rugby fan but do watch all of the internationals. 

It's more a self preservation thing burned into me after years of disappointment by the football team. 

I always assume the worst and then hope can't sneak up on me and rabbit punch the feck out of me in the last game. 

Pretty sure you'll know what I mean. ?

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I didn't mean I think we're rubbish. I'm not a big rugby fan but do watch all of the internationals. 

It's more a self preservation thing burned into me after years of disappointment by the football team. 

I always assume the worst and then hope can't sneak up on me and rabbit punch the feck out of me in the last game. 

Pretty sure you'll know what I mean. ?

I totally know where your coming from, a couple of seasons ago we could not buy a try now were running them in all over the place , the players have improved and the coaching has improved and that reflects on the results over the last 18 months.

It will be difficult against the French on sunday in Paris but if Scotland are on there game then who knows, the English at Twickenham is a different proposition altogether , Jones has basically built a big side to destroy teams , we must not get into a toe to toe contest with them as they are physically bigger than us, it is a game to throw the ball about like we did against the Irish in the first half and see.

The problem with the football is that there has been no improvement for over 20 years and there is no hope of that changing anytime soon, from the very top , through the coaching it is a total non starter.  Until someone actually makes whole sale changes i cannot see a Scotland team being at any world cup finals and that includes when its increased  to 48 teams. During the 70's Scotland were the best home nation in the UK and Ireland, now we are by far the worst, there are good youth players around but there are not the senior players to help them on the pitch and guide them along.  

Anyway move from the gloom of football and enjoy some entertainment and success of the Rugby team.