Six Nations - Page 5 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Six Nations

Tartan_Don

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am looking forward to Price starting (hopefully not the out-of-sorts pyrgos). I think it'll give Toonie greater options, as he'll then have a scrum-half with a bit more international experience than he might have expected. 

Looking forward to the wales game - just hope that price and Russell don't decide to jettison pragmatism totally out the window.

45 minutes ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Am looking forward to Price starting (hopefully not the out-of-sorts pyrgos). I think it'll give Toonie greater options, as he'll then have a scrum-half with a bit more international experience than he might have expected. 

Looking forward to the wales game - just hope that price and Russell don't decide to jettison pragmatism totally out the window.

I'm less optimistic than I was. We're potentially going to be missing Dickinson, Nel, Sutherland, Strauss, Barclay, Laidlaw, Dunbar, Maitland, Hardie, Taylor. All of those would be in the 23, at least seven in the XV. 

However the Welsh are still there for the taking. The talent is there, but the mentality is fragile.

Edited by biffer

4 hours ago, biffer said:

I'm less optimistic than I was. We're potentially going to be missing Dickinson, Nel, Sutherland, Strauss, Barclay, Laidlaw, Dunbar, Maitland, Hardie, Taylor. All of those would be in the 23, at least seven in the XV. 

However the Welsh are still there for the taking. The talent is there, but the mentality is fragile.

First time I've seen it written down like that - grim reading!

Need to be out the blocks like we were in the Ireland game. Really want to beat these fvckers.

2 hours ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

First time I've seen it written down like that - grim reading!

Need to be out the blocks like we were in the Ireland game. Really want to beat these fvckers.

You and me both. Feckin hate Welsh rugby.

8 hours ago, biffer said:

You and me both. Feckin hate Welsh rugby.

They have a whiff of entitlement that is surpassed only by England.

Speaking as someone who has been watching Scotland lose in Cardiff every two years since I was 16.

J

15 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Any suggestions for a decent pub in Glasgow city centre that will be showing the game and where I can book a table? Normally I stand and watch it in the Rhoderick Dhu but my pregnant wife will be with me this time.

Just tell her to pick you up after. She doesn't have to sit and watch the whole game.

8 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Considering the key players we had out and how we turned it around was just great. We showed invention to get key tries and key times too. Fabulous win.

Very much so .

I am hoping we wipe that smug grin off Eddie Jones face in dublin next month....

But I will be very happy if ye get to do it before us 

That was impressive stuff. 

Seen the first 30 minutes and thought we were fortunate to still be in the game - same old. Lacey had a very decent game too, was a bit worried about him at the start. 

Second half was excellent and blew the old 'glorious failure' cobwebs out of the water.

England will be tough, but let's see if we can finally get a win there now we've beaten the Welsh for the first time in 10 years - unbelievable that.

1 hour ago, Green_Tide_Rising said:

Very much so .

I am hoping we wipe that smug grin off Eddie Jones face in dublin next month....

But I will be very happy if ye get to do it before us 

Hope so.

Talking of smugness, i enjoyed Johnnie Beatie getting stuck into the dismissive RTE pundits in his 2nd half commentary :lol: