Scottish cup weekend - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup weekend

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the feeling that Hearts are a bit like Aberdeen under McGhee. Scraping a win from time to time, but generally utterly clueless and destined for failure.

It would have been better for them to lose last night, because Hibs could well take 5 off them in the next round.

53 minutes ago, Rossy said:

It would have been better for them to lose last night, because Hibs could well take 5 off them in the next round.

Never say never about an Edinburgh derby,Ā but that's as close to a 'no chance' as you'll get. We may well get a real skelping off Celtic at the weekend though.

35 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Never say never about an Edinburgh derby,Ā but that's as close to a 'no chance' as you'll get. We may well get a real skelping off Celtic at the weekend though.

Maybe a slight bit of poetic licence on my part, but my money (if I was a gambling man) would be firmly on Hibs in the next round.

Hearts looked chaotic against Aberdeen, and toothless and panicked against the Rovers in the 2nd half on Sunday. I don't know how they played last night.

Hibs are playing well and with confidence, and frankly they've got better players and are a much better team than Hearts just now. If they get a quick goal, Hearts could collapse.

Hearts best chance, is that Hibs Hibs-it.

Ā 

We were on course to win fairly comfortably last night until Souttar gifted Raith a goal in the second half. Not particularly goodĀ but more than enough in the end and decent performances from several players. We are starting from a very low point (the performance against Aberdeen was woeful, and we were lucky in the end to get aĀ replay on Sunday) but some progress has been made. YouĀ overestimate Hibs in my viewĀ and my feeling is that we'll be quite a bit better by the time the cup game comes around.

None ofĀ the new players on Sunday were fully match fit and it showed in the secondĀ half. They ran out of steam, andĀ we had nothing much on the bench to replace them.Ā All of them looked better last night (both in terms of sharpness and settling into the team and the pace of Scottish football)Ā and I think might well turn out to be good signings. There are a couple to follow, if rumours are to be believed;Ā Nicholson and Buaben will be fully fit in a week or two (neither was last night);Ā Djoum (and Rheras) will beĀ back too.

Jury is still out onĀ Cathro for me, but it is very early days. Wishful thinking for those predicting a big Hibs win.Ā Always a tough game to call but my money will be on a lotĀ of blood and snottersĀ and then,Ā when the dustĀ has settled,Ā a narrowĀ Hearts win. Although maybe it is me that is indulging in wishful thinking.

42 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

We were on course to win fairly comfortably last night until Souttar gifted Raith a goal in the second half. Not particularly goodĀ but more than enough in the end and decent performances from several players. We are starting from a very low point (the performance against Aberdeen was woeful, and we were lucky in the end to get aĀ replay on Sunday) but some progress has been made. YouĀ overestimate Hibs in my viewĀ and my feeling is that we'll be quite a bit better by the time the cup game comes around.

None ofĀ the new players on Sunday were fully match fit and it showed in the secondĀ half. They ran out of steam, andĀ we had nothing much on the bench to replace them.Ā All of them looked better last night (both in terms of sharpness and settling into the team and the pace of Scottish football)Ā and I think might well turn out to be good signings. There are a couple to follow, if rumours are to be believed;Ā Nicholson and Buaben will be fully fit in a week or two (neither was last night);Ā Djoum (and Rheras) will beĀ back too.

Jury is still out onĀ Cathro for me, but it is very early days. Wishful thinking for those predicting a big Hibs win.Ā Always a tough game to call but my money will be on a lotĀ of blood and snottersĀ and then,Ā when the dustĀ has settled,Ā a narrowĀ Hearts win. Although maybe it is me that is indulging in wishful thinking.

I am confused. I thought Raith took the lead early in the first half and it finished 1-1 before going to extra time?

19 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

I am confused. I thought Raith took the lead early in the first half and it finished 1-1 before going to extra time?

Fair point, you're right, Souttar'sĀ howler was in extra time. Not sure what I was thinking there. InĀ the gameĀ Raith actually started fairly well, and we were poor in the first twenty minutes, but forĀ all that theirĀ first goal was a hopeful long range shot that took aĀ big deflection. From then on Hearts pretty much bossed the game and should have won it in the 90 minutes. I appreciate any Raith fans that were there may have a different take on this.

I'd have to say that having spoken to a number of friends and colleagues during the morningĀ who were also at the game last night, I appear to be in a minority of one andĀ veryĀ much the majority view is that we (Hearts) were utter shite last night.Ā 

6 hours ago, Rossy said:

I get the feeling that Hearts are a bit like Aberdeen under McGhee. Scraping a win from time to time, but generally utterly clueless and destined for failure.

beating Dumbarton and Bonnyrigg Rose doesnt make you Real Madrid

my prime reason for visiting the pink bus shelter is to ram my tin foil cup down their throats

im also fullyĀ aware it could well be laying discarded on the concourse 15 minutes after kick offĀ 

the build up will be mental, the game will be probably be shi.t, and as for the resultĀ who knows?

Edited by dan cake

14 minutes ago, dan cake said:

beating Dumbarton and Bonnyrigg Rose doesnt make you Real Madrid

my prime reason for visiting the pink bus shelter is to ram my tin foil cup down their throats

im also fullyĀ aware it could well be laying discarded on the concourse 15 minutes after kick offĀ 

the build up will be mental, the game will be probably be shi.t, and as for the resultĀ who knows?

Ah this would explain what the PBS is that they talk about on Hibs.net. Couldn't figure that out.

Anyone from Jambos kickback able to tell me what a PHM is now?

7 hours ago, Pool Q said:

I'd have to say that having spoken to a number of friends and colleagues during the morningĀ who were also at the game last night, I appear to be in a minority of one andĀ veryĀ much the majority view is that we (Hearts) were utter shite last night.Ā 

What has happened Hearts?

I have only seen them play once this season when they beat Rangers and I thought they looked pretty good.Ā 

CUP | The match between @celticfc and @ICTFC will be live on BBC Scotland on Saturday 11 February 2017, kick-off 12.15pm.

CUP | The match between @JamTarts and @HibsOfficial will be live on Sky Sports on Sunday 12 February 2017, kick-off 12.30pm.

CUP | The match between @RangersFC and @Morton_FC will be live on Sky Sports on Sunday 12 February 2017, kick-off 3pm.

21 minutes ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

CUP | The match between @celticfc and @ICTFC will be live on BBC Scotland on Saturday 11 February 2017, kick-off 12.15pm.

CUP | The match between @JamTarts and @HibsOfficial will be live on Sky Sports on Sunday 12 February 2017, kick-off 12.30pm.

CUP | The match between @RangersFC and @Morton_FC will be live on Sky Sports on Sunday 12 February 2017, kick-off 3pm.

Great news.

Ross County v Dons will be a Saturday 15.00 KO. :ok:

Ā