Scottish cup weekend - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup weekend

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, macy37 said:

Various.

That 8/1 looks like a steal. Your lot are dreadful. Warbutons position is surely getting scrutiny?

I'd give him till the end of the season.  If we get papped out today and don't finish 2nd then I'd say he'd have some questions to answer come the summer.

Just now, Fairbairn said:

It speaks volumes that at 37 Kenny Miller is still our best player.

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

He does have about 15 years more experience than almost everyone else on the pitch bar Scott Mcdonald. ?

The right experience for today though! Glad I didn't put much on Motherwell. :lol:

2 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

New boy set up your winner too did he?

Yep, Hyndman played Miller through. 

Despite the ref and linesman working against us we're through. 

Exciting stuff despite Motherwell only wanting to play for 45 minutes. 

10 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Though Waghorn made a positive contribution when he come on but in general we are mediocre everywhere.

In the snippets I seen I thought MacKay looked to have the beating of the full back pretty much every time but then couldn't do anything with it when he got by him.  If he can work on his final ball he'd be a miles more effective player.

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

In the snippets I seen I thought MacKay looked to have the beating of the full back pretty much every time but then couldn't do anything with it when he got by him.  If he can work on his final ball he'd be a miles more effective player.

I agree but he did drift out the game for about 15 minutes in the second half when he was barely on the ball. One thing (obviousIy not the only thing) struggle with is why Rangers persist with short corners when they do f*ck with them, it might be old fashioned but I wish they get the ball in box from corners.

21 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

I agree but he did drift out the game for about 15 minutes in the second half when he was barely on the ball. One thing (obviousIy not the only thing) struggle with is why Rangers persist with short corners when they do f*ck with them, it might be old fashioned but I wish they get the ball in box from corners.

I think they started doing that when they finally realised that they've never beat the first man with a corner since Albertz left in 2001!!

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I think they started doing that when they finally realised that they've never beat the first man with a corner since Albertz left in 2001!!

But Rangers set up some Motherwell attack from their own corners today, I just find it very frustrating though it is just one frustration is an larger sea of frustration.