Stupid Drivers - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I've been in Libya and seen Camels sitting on the back of a Toyota 4x4 which was a laugh

But South African drivers take the biscuit for being stupid - this is outwith going through red lights about 2-3 secs after they changed red

Was driving yesterday, and there must have been a vintage vehicle event

There was these guys using a tow rope to tow a vintage tractor doing around 60-80 km an hour - thing was swaying about all over the place, obviously cos guy was driving with manual steering - accident waiting to happen.  

7 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

I've been in Libya and seen Camels sitting on the back of a Toyota 4x4 which was a laugh

But South African drivers take the biscuit for being stupid - this is outwith going through red lights about 2-3 secs after they changed red

There was these guys using a tow rope to tow a vintage tractor doing around 60-80 km an hour - thing was swaying about all over the place, obviously cos guy was driving with manual steering - accident waiting to happen.  

Trying to beat the lights ^_^

Anyone else got neighbours with cars whose alarms keep going off all the bloody time ?

At the top of my street there is this cünt whose car alarm keeps going off at night three or four times a week. The thing rings out for about twenty minutes before it goes off. It's the same car everytime. And the pwick that owns it is never in or must be taking some seriously powerful sleeping pills. Evidently he's not bothered about getting the alarm seen too anyway.

Grrrrr :banghead:

8 hours ago, euan2020 said:

My neighbour attached a rope to the back of her car and towed her son round the village on his roller blades. There are stupid drivers everywhere.

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:09 PM, euan2020 said:

though haven't been myself I believe Tbilisi taxi drivers have a death wish shared by anybody getting into a taxi with them as verified by a number of personally known sources though the alcohol consumed may have steeled them for the ordeal

1 hour ago, Newryrep said:

though haven't been myself I believe Tbilisi taxi drivers have a death wish shared by anybody getting into a taxi with them as verified by a number of personally known sources though the alcohol consumed may have steeled them for the ordeal

Tblisi guys were ok -

Some of the worst were Turkish drivers, we were able to get 2 taxi's we were in to race    

12 hours ago, euan2020 said:

Some of the worst were Turkish drivers, we were able to get 2 taxi's we were in to race    

Haven driven in Turkey on several occasions, i can understand why drivers from there would be terrible. 

Driving in Turkey is quite an experience. Driving through the middle of Izmir was the most stressful time i've ever had behind the wheel. 

Seen traffic in the likes of Egypt, Moscow, Nigeria and it's just crazy.  However, despite seemingly having no rules or order they all seem capable of actually driving a car.  Some of the stuff I've witnessed in Houston is unbelievable.  Shocking drivers.  That's without a couple of spots of rain.  Then it's just funny.

Cyprus drivers are up there as the worst I've experienced,traffic lights were merely a suggestion to stop,the lines between carriageways didn't split the lanes,they were a guide to keep them straight. 

We drove from joburg to Cape Town about  14 years ago and must've seen at least 20 cars off the road,burnt out,with possibly bodies still inside. 

On 23/01/2017 at 8:00 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Anyone else got neighbours with cars whose alarms keep going off all the bloody time ?

At the top of my street there is this cünt whose car alarm keeps going off at night three or four times a week. The thing rings out for about twenty minutes before it goes off. It's the same car everytime. And the pwick that owns it is never in or must be taking some seriously powerful sleeping pills. Evidently he's not bothered about getting the alarm seen too anyway.

Grrrrr :banghead:

Stick a breeze block through the window.

That will get him out of his pit.

On 23/01/2017 at 10:35 PM, TDYER63 said:

My neighbour attached a rope to the back of her car and towed her son round the village on his roller blades. There are stupid drivers everywhere.

You're just jealous you didn't get to have a go. That would be great fun. 30 mph tops, though.

On 25/01/2017 at 10:11 AM, Fairbairn said:

When I was in South Africa a few years back I once saw a guy riding a moped on the motorway with 2 pillion passengers.  Well, I suppose it was 3 passengers if you count the live goat that one of them had on his lap!!

In China, I've seen, what appeared to  be the entire contents of somebody's living room, being transported on the back of a motor bike. 

5 hours ago, Orraloon said:

You're just jealous you didn't get to have a go. That would be great fun. 30 mph tops, though.

You are no that far off the mark. They introduced a 20mph sign after it happened . Like the speed was the only issue. And to think I was pilloried for playing Elton John too loud in my house. 

59 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

You are no that far off the mark. They introduced a 20mph sign after it happened . Like the speed was the only issue. And to think I was pilloried for playing Elton John too loud in my house. 

You're lucky you didn't get dragged through the streets without roller skates for that.

On 25 January 2017 at 10:27 AM, SMcoolJ said:

Seen traffic in the likes of Egypt, Moscow, Nigeria and it's just crazy.  However, despite seemingly having no rules or order they all seem capable of actually driving a car.  Some of the stuff I've witnessed in Houston is unbelievable.  Shocking drivers.  That's without a couple of spots of rain.  Then it's just funny.

I can never quite get my head around the driving in the US.  When you're on an Interstate in the country then generally people are a lot more restrained and respectful, people generally keep to the speed limit, you don't really get tailgating.  Drive through a city on an interstate and it's like whacky races. 

6 hours ago, McDange said:

Might have picked this up wrong, but would I be right in thinking that you don't always have to stop on a red light in South Africa because the carjacking rate is so high in some places? 

nah, you are wrong

required to stop - although in practice folk, especially in JNB do rolling stops, due to car jacking  

On 25/01/2017 at 10:27 AM, SMcoolJ said:

30 minutes ago, aaid said:

I can never quite get my head around the driving in the US.  When you're on an Interstate in the country then generally people are a lot more restrained and respectful, people generally keep to the speed limit, you don't really get tailgating.  Drive through a city on an interstate and it's like whacky races. 

I assumed Houston in Renfrewshire. ;-)