Folk who annoy you at work - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Folk who annoy you at work

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, they've_been_suckered said:

:lol: I know a few guys with work group chats for weekend coupons an that. Best avoided imo

Agreed. I can't even be arsed with the group chat that my own mates have, never mind a bunch of people I wouldn't even speak to if we didn't work together.

I'd also like to add people who walk around collecting money for somebody leaving/Somebody's pregnant/birthday's etc. I refuse to contribute a penny to these.

Usually the same freaks who start organising the Christmas night out in August.

18 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Agreed. I can't even be arsed with the group chat that my own mates have, never mind a bunch of people I wouldn't even speak to if we didn't work together.

I'd also like to add people who walk around collecting money for somebody leaving/Somebody's pregnant/birthday's etc. I refuse to contribute a penny to these.

Usually the same freaks who start organising the Christmas night out in August.

There’s a couple of wa hoos in here, one who eats pretty much constantly whist making noises which can only be described as pig like. We also have the resident fund raiser too, she even invited me to contribute to a fund for someone who worked here 5 years before me for a  “post op cheer up gift” F OFF!

I've worked with several of them, but the people who get away with completely unacceptable behaviour, purely because they've always done it.

"oh, that's just Bill, what's he like"

One was a boss who had been overpromoted way beyond his ability and would just charge about shouting in people's faces because he had no idea how to manage and wasn't clever enough to hold a discussion.

Another was a guy who was a complete work shy chancer, but had the gift of the gab. He contributed literally nothing and everybody knew it, in fact he'd been overpromoted to a job he couldn't do and had no inclination to learn, as the company was expanding (too) quickly and if you'd been there 3 months, that was as good as a degree.

:lol:

We have 54 employees, Id say I like 5 of them, can tolerate another 10, but the rest really shouldnt be in employment.

The worst employee is one of my assistants, she has MS so is office bound, which is really no use to me, every office task she is given she fcks up, she starts crying when challenged over productivity, while being a snivelling two faced cnt, a real nasty piece of work, lazy, incompetent yet somehow thinks she is superior to others because she gets to sit in the office. One of the worst people I have ever met, actually hate her, but we cant get rid of her because of her MS. She gets sympathy from some, and she almost revels in it, its pathetic.

Another employee started 40 years ago, she has worked in the same job for longer than Ive been alive, but is so utterly useless its actually funny.

Thank fck that I only have 4 days left in that place.

I used to work with a bloke who, if I called him a repulsive, chronically obese, sweat-soaked oaf who never did a hands turn would be overestimating both his personal appearance and contribution to the organisation. He had roughly 25% of working time off sick, but what really got my goat was every time anyone tried to do anything about him he just played race and disability cards with bewildering skill.  Honest to god, if he'd put half the effort into doing the job as he did into working out how not to do it he'd have ended up Chief Exec.

I've worked in the same place for over 20 years now which I can't quite figure out as I dislike about 95% of the past, present, and more than likely future employees.  It's only through working in a place with a significant number of staff that you realise just how stupid some people can be without getting knocked down on a regular basis.

I

Just now, Huddersfield said:

He had roughly 25% of working time off sick, but what really got my goat was every time anyone tried to do anything about him he just played race and disability cards with bewildering skill. 

I did a return to work interview last week, her attendance was 74.8%, amazingly, she thought it was good. She is another who always has some crisis going on, keep your personal life private, no one cares.

6 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I

I did a return to work interview last week, her attendance was 74.8%, amazingly, she thought it was good. She is another who always has some crisis going on, keep your personal life private, no one cares.

My sister works in HR and she says she can predict when some folk are "due" to go off sick, they almost include it in their holiday entitlement.

9 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

Honest to god, if he'd put half the effort into doing the job as he did into working out how not to do it he'd have ended up Chief Exec.

:lol:

its almost like a game

In my previous company my boss asked me to work with another company to get them out of a  complete mess at two wwtp. LDs of $50k a day at both . The guy i was then working for was a complete ####wit and i told my boss he was a completely useless twat and a spineless to boot.

Turned out he was my boss's the best man at his wedding.

I work with a guy who is like a small shorter indian version of Jay from the inbetweeners.

No matter the sport or activity you did at the weekend he has done it and nearly went professional. Mentioned I had watched the rugby at the weekend and informed me he had a trial with ' a few top teams' Top class rower and cyclist if you believe him. 

Just annoys me cause he talks constant sh** :lol: same with the work pool table. He always knows the best shot to play etc and will happily tell you what you should have done but when it comes to actually playing he makes me look like Ronnie O'Sullivan

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I've worked in the same place for over 20 years now which I can't quite figure out as I dislike about 95% of the past, present, and more than likely future employees.  It's only through working in a place with a significant number of staff that you realise just how stupid some people can be without getting knocked down on a regular basis.

Also some people have no filter and will literally tell you any anecdote regardless of the absence of entertaining/interesting content. 

36 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

I work with a guy who is like a small shorter indian version of Jay from the inbetweeners.

No matter the sport or activity you did at the weekend he has done it and nearly went professional. Mentioned I had watched the rugby at the weekend and informed me he had a trial with ' a few top teams' Top class rower and cyclist if you believe him. 

Just annoys me cause he talks constant sh** :lol: same with the work pool table. He always knows the best shot to play etc and will happily tell you what you should have done but when it comes to actually playing he makes me look like Ronnie O'Sullivan

If you've been to Tenerife he's been to Elevenerife....!

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

If I recall correctly, you work in the same complex as me (Skypark) so there's every chance I am one of the 95%! ;)

At my place, we have Overly Nice Woman Who's Actually Really Irritating, Smarmy Tw*t That Only Ever Talks To Me About Football But Actually Knows Nothing About It and IT Guy Who Always Leaves At 4pm Despite Everyone Else's Finishing Time Being At Least 5pm.

I can be quite easily annoyed at times.

a few folk who mention their family friends by name as if you care or it is relevant.

have one admin woman (who is quite efficient at her job tbf) who feels the need to make a comment everytime when hanging up the phone about the conversation she has just had, and who tell everyone about the dramas in her life with her kid, husband and mother.

pretty annoying.

although have quite a few decent guys that just get on with things. previous place was full of blow hards who talked al lot but produced nothing.

very annoying.

45 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

If I recall correctly, you work in the same complex as me (Skypark) so there's every chance I am one of the 95%! ;)

At my place, we have Overly Nice Woman Who's Actually Really Irritating, Smarmy Tw*t That Only Ever Talks To Me About Football But Actually Knows Nothing About It and IT Guy Who Always Leaves At 4pm Despite Everyone Else's Finishing Time Being At Least 5pm.

I can be quite easily annoyed at times.

Yeah you're in Skypark?  If I remember rightly you've got a proper job that involves like, qualifications and stuff, so I'm sure we don't work for the same company!  You may one of the fcukwits that annoys me in the lifts but that's for another thread!! :D

*Just noticed you said Skypark in your post.  Who's the ####wit now!!!

Edited by Fairbairn

Current work is fairly sound. A mixed team of women and men. The only real one issue is a guy I work with regularly and for 95% of the time is sound, but he'll get in a bee in his bonnet about if certain things are in his 'job description' or the 'rules and legislation' of his contract. To be fair, if an issue comes out we usually talk it out and come to some form of a compromise, but you're thinking to yourself 'why bother' fussing over something that is so trivial and possibly on the gray line of your job description that rather than debating it for an hour or more, it would be far easier just doing it e.g changing the light bulb.

Worked in an all female post -or nearing it- menopause environment a few years back and it was the worst place I have worked. Lots of snippy, backstabbing, overly dramatic nonsense every single day. The job was alright itself just ruined by grumpy auld witches. Really need a gender balance for places like that.

I honestly don't know how the folk can't just get on at work. Be civil, polite, and respect each other. Working with absolute bastards can ruin people's lives and it's simply amazing how petty people can be about things that have absolutely no relevance or at least, they shouldn't in anyone's day to day lives.

9 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Current work is fairly sound. A mixed team of women and men. The only real one issue is a guy I work with regularly and for 95% of the time is sound, but he'll get in a bee in his bonnet about if certain things are in his 'job description' or the 'rules and legislation' of his contract. To be fair, if an issue comes out we usually talk it out and come to some form of a compromise, but you're thinking to yourself 'why bother' fussing over something that is so trivial and possibly on the gray line of your job description that rather than debating it for an hour or more, it would be far easier just doing it e.g changing the light bulb.

Worked in an all female post -or nearing it- menopause environment a few years back and it was the worst place I have worked. Lots of snippy, backstabbing, overly dramatic nonsense every single day. The job was alright itself just ruined by grumpy auld witches. Really need a gender balance for places like that.

I honestly don't know how the folk can't just get on at work. Be civil, polite, and respect each other. Working with absolute bastards can ruin people's lives and it's simply amazing how petty people can be about things that have absolutely no relevance or at least, they shouldn't in anyone's day to day lives.

There's a guy at my work who's a manager and a bit of a bully. I don't report to him but he regularly annoys me. I'm a fair bit smarter than him so enjoy standing up to him as he's easy to make look like a cvnt.

The sort that composes an email over a 24 hour period because they're too thick to just talk something over with you

1 hour ago, McDange said:

Folk that bring in smelly lunches at eat them at their desk. No one wants to smell that! 

Define "smelly lunches"? 

I often have salmon fillets for lunch and certain folk moan. The very same rattle in to the office with a McDonald's breakfast at 7:30am and munch that at their desk. Clowns. 

I manage to get on with pretty much everyone at my work. No point falling out with folk needlessly. 

My girlfriend works for the same company and we'll often vent our annoyances about other folk to each other, which helps ease the tension when someone is pissing me off for days on end :lol: