Folk who annoy you at work - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Folk who annoy you at work

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Define "smelly lunches"? 

I often have salmon fillets for lunch and certain folk moan. The very same rattle in to the office with a McDonald's breakfast at 7:30am and munch that at their desk. Clowns. 

I manage to get on with pretty much everyone at my work. No point falling out with folk needlessly. 

My girlfriend works for the same company and we'll often vent our annoyances about other folk to each other, which helps ease the tension when someone is pissing me off for days on end :lol: 

Hadn't considered working with your missus, probably an escape that most folk don't have! I dostruggle to believe you're not grumpy in the office though :lol: 

salmon if heated up is classed as smelly. I eat any fish in the office cold so not to cause offence. 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Yeah you're in Skypark?  If I remember rightly you've got a proper job that involves like, qualifications and stuff, so I'm sure we don't work for the same company!  You may one of the fcukwits that annoys me in the lifts but that's for another thread!! :D

:lol:

I'm a Commercial Manager for a Civil Engineering Contractor but my uni qualifications are of sod all use nowadays! A classic example of a job that you start learning once you've qualified.

If you're one of the scruffy hairy blokes that gets the lift in the Skypark building next door to McDonald's then there's a very strong chance that I've cursed you for letting the door close as I run in the front door. Or been in early enough to nick one of the rare free parking spaces across the road which must seriously piss off the PC World employees...

Edited by thewolf_1980

The girl next to me is a nightmare. Constantly leaving early or the odd half day here and there to get her nails done, her hair done, more botox jabs to prevent wrinkles round the eyes. She's fecking here that infrequently that when she is here constantly asks me the same things over and over again. Honestly needs to start working her social life round her work life instead of the other way around.

And pretty much everything that has been said above goes in here and annoys me also. 

And its all the fat lame and lazy that only take the lift from level one to level two. Jeez. 

25 minutes ago, Parklife said:

No point falling out with folk needlessly. 

:eek:

11 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

I'm a Commercial Manager for a Civil Engineering Contractor but my uni qualifications are of sod all use nowadays! A classic example of a job that you start learning once you've qualified.

If you're one of the scruffy hairy blokes that gets the lift in the Skypark building next door to McDonald's then there's a very strong chance that I've cursed you for letting the door close as I run in the front door. Or been in early enough to nick one of the rare free parking spaces across the road which must seriously piss off the PC World employees...

We're in SP1 so our paths probably haven't crossed!!

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I take all the sick leave I can get, almost always with rostered days off or annual leave. Just a number anyway, you rarely get any praise for the times you stay a bit later or work through your breaks. 

In saying that I've not worked since end of August :D

These 2 things could be related?

16 hours ago, popkean1314foreva said:

The Dunning Kruger effect sums up a lot of people mentioned on this thread , and a lot of people I work with/for .

Never heard of that, but it's very true.

Probably a good description for the person who can always spare time to tell you how busy they are and how little time they have, while you're trying to edge away to get on with your work.

23 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

I used to work with a bloke who, if I called him a repulsive, chronically obese, sweat-soaked oaf who never did a hands turn would be overestimating both his personal appearance and contribution to the organisation. He had roughly 25% of working time off sick, but what really got my goat was every time anyone tried to do anything about him he just played race and disability cards with bewildering skill.  Honest to god, if he'd put half the effort into doing the job as he did into working out how not to do it he'd have ended up Chief Exec.

Can you ask him how I can play the disability card to try and claim constructive dismissal please...

4 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Can you ask him how I can play the disability card to try and claim constructive dismissal please...

From my personal observations, you need to live on junk food & develop an alcohol problem until you can't breathe properly, then take a month or so at a time off sick...say every 2 or 3 months...plus when you are at work sit at your desk telling everyone what a hero you are for being there despite all your multiple disabilities.

That's how he did it anyway.

1 minute ago, Huddersfield said:

From my personal observations, you need to live on junk food & develop an alcohol problem until you can't breathe properly, then take a month or so at a time off sick...say every 2 or 3 months...plus when you are at work sit at your desk telling everyone what a hero you are for being there despite all your multiple disabilities.

That's how he did it anyway.

Ha ha!

A couple of years ago on one of the charity days (Children in Need/Comic Relief or something) my boss made me literally laugh out loud.

We had a guy (let's call him John) who's job it appeared was to spend his entire working day doing charity related things. This of course wasn't his job. He had a normal job, but had accepted the post of Department Charity Liaison person or such like, which he then used to royally rip the pish.

On this day he was on his third or fourth visit to our team to solicit a quid for the football card/raffle/guess how many effin sweeties there are in the jar etc. and this was probably only late morning.

Upon this fourth visit, my boss (who in fairness was really busy with real work) turned and said (in mildly shouty fashion) "John!! If I give you a tenner now, will you phuk off and leave me alone for the rest of the day!"

The reason I laughed was because I was just about to offer a similar donation. I consider myself a highly sociable person, but when it comes to these charity days I very much don't do "joining in". I find peoples' never ending desire to make an erse of themselves in the name of "charity" an annoyance of the highest level. In my humble opinion (whilst observing an each to their own approach) charity should be private thing and not an opportunity for bone idle show offs to get their quarterly "look at me, look at me" fix.

2 minutes ago, Marky said:

A couple of years ago on one of the charity days (Children in Need/Comic Relief or something) my boss made me literally laugh out loud.

We had a guy (let's call him John) who's job it appeared was to spend his entire working day doing charity related things. This of course wasn't his job. He had a normal job, but had accepted the post of Department Charity Liaison person or such like, which he then used to royally rip the pish.

On this day he was on his third or fourth visit to our team to solicit a quid for the football card/raffle/guess how many effin sweeties there are in the jar etc. and this was probably only late morning.

Upon this fourth visit, my boss (who in fairness was really busy with real work) turned and said (in mildly shouty fashion) "John!! If I give you a tenner now, will you phuk off and leave me alone for the rest of the day!"

The reason I laughed was because I was just about to offer a similar donation. I consider myself a highly sociable person, but when it comes to these charity days I very much don't do "joining in". I find peoples' never ending desire to make an erse of themselves in the name of "charity" an annoyance of the highest level. In my humble opinion (whilst observing an each to their own approach) charity should be private thing and not an opportunity for bone idle show offs to get their quarterly "look at me, look at me" fix.

Agreed and I'd like to add people who come in dressed up for Halloween.

Especially men who come in dressed up as women and think they are original and hilarious. They're not, they're scum.

13 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Especially men who come in dressed up as women and think they are original and hilarious. They're not, they're scum.

Spot on Reevesy. Men who dress as woman (just for kicks/a laugh) are for the watching.

Properly gives me the creeps. Think it stems back to watching Psycho at too early an age (think I was about 8 :lol:)

53 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

See the amount of whankbags in pubs here who dress up as "Highland" Scotsmen for Halloween! I get a burning rage at that shite.

"Oh well back it's back to the grind..."

"Well only another day til Friday"

"Well at least it's Friday..."

Generic chat in work is killing me every day.  I know it's an icebreaker during random tea breaks etc but it drains all the energy from me.  

Please send help.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

4 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

"Oh well back it's back to the grind..."

"Well only another day til Friday"

"Well at least it's Friday..."

Generic chat in work is killing me every day.  I know it's an icebreaker during random tea breaks etc but it drains all the energy from me.  

Please send help.

Don't worry - we're over the hump.......

I should mention the Honorary generic talker in my work.   He's almost turned it into an art form.  Literally full two or three minutes of limitless generic chat streaming through..  It's probably a form of disrespect but I have to tip my hat.  It's all said in an amazing mix of energetic interest/sad boredom.  It's fantastic.  I think he mentioned the "hump" at one point.

"see the game last night.."

"what a goal eh"

"upto much this weekend"

"Got the weans this weekend..."

some generic chat about his "missus" (bonus for the casual sexism) etc etc etc 

I like to think he's got more going on...maybe a bit like yon Dexter in that series.