Folk who annoy you at work - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Folk who annoy you at work

6 minutes ago, Marky said:

Good enough for me too, but was just sayin...

The acid test would be whether an American who was off work on "annual leave", but was just at home would say he was on holiday or on vacation.

If he said holiday my point would be valid. If he said vacation then he can gtf.

I don't think Americans get "annual leave", just public holidays.

To throw a further spanner in the works, they have "the holidays" which appears to cover Thanksgiving-Christmas.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've lassies either side of me, and 3 across my bank of desks.  We are all part of one 'oversight team', but all deal with different entities, so don't have any cause to interact.

75% of my days are spent on calls with our 3rd parties, Risk and Compliance or Project calls.  Also have the added bonus of working from home, which I am currently doing.

There are the few whanks about, but I avoid them like the plague.  For some reason though, folk are always wanting nights out, and for me to be in attendance.  Weirdos!

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I don't think Americans get "annual leave", just public holidays.

To throw a further spanner in the works, they have "the holidays" which appears to cover Thanksgiving-Christmas.

I'm pretty sure they do get annual leave but it's something ridiculous like 2 weeks.

4 hours ago, Debian said:

We are all part of one 'oversight team', but all deal with different entities, so don't have any cause to interact.

75% of my days are spent on calls with our 3rd parties, Risk and Compliance or Project calls.  Also have the added bonus of working from home, which I am currently doing.

thanks for the overview of your job. of interest to all. 

On 26 January 2017 at 5:56 PM, giblet said:

Nothing worse than being on a teleconference where people are in about 4 or 5 different locations and more than one person at each location.  Have one every Tuesday and it gets on my Thruppennys.

Oh and my new boss said the other day that he wanted to get into the "archaeology of the process". :blink:

I tried the archaeology one today at a manager's meeting just to see the reaction, the savvy ones were sniggering but a few of the others were well impressed.  I look forward to hearing them make an arse of themselves using it in the future!

1 hour ago, Mindimoo said:

I tried the archaeology one today at a manager's meeting just to see the reaction, the savvy ones were sniggering but a few of the others were well impressed.  I look forward to hearing them make an arse of themselves using it in the future!

:lol:

2 hours ago, Mindimoo said:

I work in IT so phrases like this come up all the fecking time. Drives me mental. 

I used to have a buzzword bingo sheet to use at meetings with some of my colleagues of a similar mindset but haven't used it in ages. 

Personally I'd throttle anyone using that archeology line there and then,  but I have anger issues. ?

We have outsourced some stuff to TCS (an Indian company)  and although the vast majority of their guys are decent there is one guy that thinks snorting his snotters back up his nose incredibly loudly is acceptable behaviour in the office. 

He will either be sacked or murdered at his desk by the end of next week. 

51 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I work in IT so phrases like this come up all the fecking time. Drives me mental. 

I used to have a buzzword bingo sheet to use at meetings with some of my colleagues of a similar mindset but haven't used it in ages. 

Personally I'd throttle anyone using that archeology line there and then,  but I have anger issues. ?

We have outsourced some stuff to TCS (an Indian company)  and although the vast majority of their guys are decent there is one guy that thinks snorting his snotters back up his nose incredibly loudly is acceptable behaviour in the office. 

He will either be sacked or murdered at his desk by the end of next week. 

Snotter howking is the most offensive office offence.  It's disgusting.

42 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

I know I have an anger management issue but I feel my rage is justified in this particular case. 

Normally I'm just raging at stupidity. 

On 27 January 2017 at 10:39 PM, Mindimoo said:

I once sat next to a guy on a coach from Glasgow to Carlisle who kept doing that.  The coach was packed too so I couldn't even move seat.

And he looked like Craig Levein, just to compound things.

On 1/27/2017 at 8:13 AM, Marky said:

I'm pretty sure they do get annual leave but it's something ridiculous like 2 weeks.

They get nothing like the entitlement that we get. My Wife gets more than most here(length of time at the same employer) but she still gets less than what we get in Scotland.

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

They get nothing like the entitlement that we get. My Wife gets more than most here(length of time at the same employer) but she still gets less than what we get in Scotland.

Was getting a lift to the airport in Toronto from the Dad of my Canadian friend and his flabber was gasted at the amount of holidays I got - at the time 25 days (5 weeks paid) and 9 public holidays paid - he reckoned most Canadians were lucky to get 2 weeks and maybe 2 for Christmas/Canada day.

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Was getting a lift to the airport in Toronto from the Dad of my Canadian friend and his flabber was gasted at the amount of holidays I got - at the time 25 days (5 weeks paid) and 9 public holidays paid - he reckoned most Canadians were lucky to get 2 weeks and maybe 2 for Christmas/Canada day.

That's what they get for being selfish capitalists. 

7 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

My Wife gets 4 weeks to take and gets 4 days. Thanksgiving day, Christmas Day, 4th of July and Labour(Labor) Day I think. She has been there since she was 18 and is now 44. I'm pretty sure that for the first decade of her time there she only had 2 weeks plus those days. I seem to remember her saying that she should only get 3 weeks now but the 4th one she gets is because she's a director now. Some pish like that. 

Edited by Ormond