Folk who annoy you at work - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Folk who annoy you at work

6 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Lol, a couple of weeks ago this actually started a full on fist fight in my place which I had to break up.

Fortunately it was 6 in the morning  and we were the only 3 on duty, no management about so we kept it hushed, hope they don't listen back to the tapes as everything in our place is audio recorded. 

Even your wankbreaks ?!:o:ph34r:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Lol, a couple of weeks ago this actually started a full on fist fight in my place which I had to break up.

Fortunately it was 6 in the morning  and we were the only 3 on duty, no management about so we kept it hushed, hope they don't listen back to the tapes as everything in our place is audio recorded. 

Are you serious,what sort of workplace is it, surely that's not legal?

22 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Are you serious,what sort of workplace is it, surely that's not legal?

Work for Air Traffic Control in Jersey, legal requirement that all operational positions ( controllers and support staff ) are recorded, in quiet periods it's so easy to forget this you switch off and you just chat as normal,

Then all of a sudden you can have an incident which has to be investigated and the first thing you think of is "what the feck have I been talking about" for the last 10 minutes.

Only a few weeks ago 2 of the lads were talking about how much they wanted to pump feck out of one of the bird controllers, some numpty then infringed our air space, and she was the one that done the investigation which obviously involved listening to the tapes. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Work for Air Traffic Control in Jersey, legal requirement that all operational positions ( controllers and support staff ) are recorded, in quiet periods it's so easy to forget this you switch off and you just chat as normal,

Then all of a sudden you can have an incident which has to be investigated and the first thing you think of is "what the feck have I been talking about" for the last 10 minutes.

Only a few weeks ago 2 of the lads were talking about how much they wanted to pump feck out of one of the bird controllers, some numpty then infringed our air space, and she was the one that done the investigation which obviously involved listening to the tapes. :lol:

:lol:

39 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Ah, OK, makes sense.

1 hour ago, Jersey Jim said:

any of them get their hole ?

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Any of them now on the dole?

Not at all, you can actually say anything you want and there's nothing management can do. ( personal data protection ).

Its there only for the sole purpose of investigations, as long as the discussion never led to a distraction which caused an error you can say whatever you want. 

Edited by Jersey Jim

I used to work with an obnoxious pr#ck who called everybody...... "buddy" To fully describe this individual would take longer than I care to spend on him .

However to give you an idea , I went into our Inspections office one to find a broom leaning agains the desk of one of our Inspectors. Stuck to the broom was a Post-it notice with a phone drawn on it .

Curious I asked the other guys there what that meant ..... It transpired that the arse I worked with used to claim he had started working there as a mechanic when in actual fact he had been a cleaner who brown nosed and basically lied his way into the job he had . so whenever he called to speak to one of the Inspectors and he wasn't there they would pass the message by sticking a post it to the broom meaning "UberstrurmbahnFeger "  called while you were out  ........Feger being the German name for cleaner . I nearly pissed myself laughing . Keeping a straight face when I went back to my desk and saw him on the phone was virtually impossible !!

On the subjey of annual leave I used to get 42 days in the Forces and I think 35 days in Germany as a civilian plus with all the public holidays in MAY ou could take 14 days leave and only lose about 5 days of your annual leave . We also had a work arrangement where we organised our working hours so that we took shorter lunchbreaks, started earlier which meant we would still get our 38'5 hours in a week and allowed us to finish at lunchtime on a Friday and have a long weekend once a month and that week we would finish at 15:30 on the Thursday .  Happy old days .

Edited by MacTaz

31 minutes ago, MacTaz said:

I used to work with an obnoxious pr#ck who called everybody...... "buddy" To fully describe this individual would take longer than I care to spend on him .

However to give you an idea , I went into our Inspections office one to find a broom leaning agains the desk of one of our Inspectors. Stuck to the broom was a Post-it notice with a phone drawn on it .

Curious I asked the other guys there what that meant ..... It transpired that the arse I worked with used to claim he had started working there as a mechanic when in actual fact he had been a cleaner who brown nosed and basically lied his way into the job he had . so whenever he called to speak to one of the Inspectors and he wasn't there they would pass the message by sticking a post it to the broom meaning "UberstrurmbahnFeger "  called while you were out  ........Feger being the German name for cleaner . I nearly pissed myself laughing . Keeping a straight face when I went back to my desk and saw him on the phone was virtually impossible !!

how could he lie his way into a job, when he was already working there as cleaner ?  not like folk lieing on CV coming into company 

13 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

how could he lie his way into a job, when he was already working there as cleaner ?  not like folk lieing on CV coming into company 

It would take forever to explain the whole story , but essentially he had been there nigh on 35 years at the time I started , the organisation was run by the military with German civilians providing the workforce .That meant the  senior management level tended to change every 3 or 4 years. He built himself a little empire based on the fact that very few Brits spoke German and vice versa therefore he was in a position to "manipulate " things to his advantage . Fortunately by the time I started working there the language barrier was less of an issue and he couldn't get away with it. But I have heard him deliberately falsely translate conversations to cover up a up he made and blamed on others.

He also lied to outside agencies . We got a telephone call one day asking to speak to Herr Diplom Ingeneur "Q@~@@" The Workshop manager took the call . And replied  I'm sorry we don't have a Diplom Ingeneur "Q@~@@" working here then hung up. Turned out he had told an outside contractor he was a Chartered (?)Engineer , ...........In fact he had no engineering qualifications wahtsoever.  I was better qualified than him.

In a civilian firm he would have been sacked half a dozen times.

A more odious individual it is hard to imagine. I put up with his shite for 10 years before I offered him out one day at which point he scuttled off into his office.

On 24/01/2017 at 0:33 PM, Fairbairn said:

If you've been to Tenerife he's been to Elevenerife....!

Haha love that one, know a few of those.

On 25/01/2017 at 4:57 PM, Parklife said:

Some cretin at my work said "humpday" today. It took all my restraint to resist being very abusive. 

KHUNT!!! 

Hate that so much, pretty sure I first heard it living in Canada.

On 02/02/2017 at 8:57 PM, tartandon said:

We used to have a khunt who would trot in at 9 and head straight to the kitchen to make his breakfast. he never started actually doing any work before 10am and would always piss off to get changed into his cycling gear for the cycle home at 4.30.  He was then shocked when his contract wasn't extended.

Had a few Khunts like that over the years dressing like their going on the next stage of the tour de france when infact they are cycling 2 miles down the road!

3 hours ago, Mox said:

Punters in the work who have pictures of family members all around their desk. From wife and children to nephews, nieces and grand children. For The Watching.

Being a woman I regularly think there may be something wrong with me cos i dont have pictures of my children or family members on my desk. Every bugger seems to have them.  If its not an actual phramed photo its a screen saver montage. They hit the start bar and  5000 demented weans appear on the screen.

A girl in the room next door has a phramed personalised certificate on her desk which tells everyone she is trained to train people . Wft?? 

3 hours ago, Mox said:

Punters in the work who have pictures of family members all around their desk. From wife and children to nephews, nieces and grand children. For The Watching.

The health and safety boy at our place is one of those complete geektards that is into Doctor Who, Star Trek etc. 

If you think family pics are bad what do you make of this twunt with wee Tardis' and Starship Enterprise models around his monitor?!? ?

14 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Being a woman I regularly think there may be something wrong with me cos i dont have pictures of my children or family members on my desk. Every bugger seems to have them.  If its not an actual phramed photo its a screen saver montage. They hit the start bar and  5000 demented weans appear on the screen.

Stick this on your desk and tell everyone it is your son/daughter.

http://www.indiastudychannel.com/pictures/gallery/gangarajuchalapathi__78strange photos wolf boy.jpg