Folk who annoy you at work - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Folk who annoy you at work

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 24 January 2017 at 5:14 PM, popkean1314foreva said:

The Dunning Kruger effect sums up a lot of people mentioned on this thread , and a lot of people I work with/for . 

Add to that the ones` who are counting down to retirement and only get off their chairs to either eat or piss .

Dont knock it. When you have been stuck in an office for 35 years with the type of folk mentioned in this thread its the only thing that keeps you sane. The eating and pissing that is, the retirement is a bonus. 

29 minutes ago, Mox said:

Would you like a cup of tea? Aye, only if you put some vodka in it hahahaha, lolz, lmfao, bantz bantz bantz.

For The Watching. 

29 minutes ago, Mox said:

Would you like a cup of tea? Aye, only if you put some vodka in it hahahaha, lolz, lmfao, bantz bantz bantz.

For The Watching. 

The type of people who describe themselves as "random".

25 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

The type of people who describe themselves as "random".

There's a variation on a theme of that as well. People who love to tell everyone how crazy they are & tell everyone on the phone what a madhouse they work in & have the 'you don't have to be mad to work here' postcards on their desk but are actually about as alternative as Terry & chuffing June.

probably me

Used to put my CD's on loud when hit 5pm and was working late - Soft Cell used to be a favourite to annoy anyone around

Moved floor so was around other staff in company hadn't met before

we used to have a kids cricket set, we used to play in the office if got frustrated

I brought in some Pepperami Fanimals which we used to throw around the office, which screamed at people

Loved these Zoom toys which were effectively a hand sized rugby ball with a tail fin - which used to get thrown about the office

eveyone's messing around were in their late 30's and 40's and reasonably senior

One time i came back from vacation, and everything had been removed from my desk, and locked in my cupboard including computer, screen etc etc 

If i was working in office say until 9pm, i used to phone 1 of my colleagues when he was travelling to Kazakhstan knowing fine well he was 5 hours ahead.  Although same guy had recruitment agencies phoning me up after he registered a profile for me looking for a junior's job.

Like Ormond,I tend to spend most of my days myself. It's ace,can do what I want when I want and very occasionally I just get on with the job with no one to bug me. 

Going into offices breaks up the day,but eventually someone will get on my tits and I'll have to go,or drop something on their desk. 

Couple of months ago,I was wiring smoke detectors in an occupied flat and the lassies bairn was watching all sorts of shyte on CBeebies. Eventually,when I couldn't take anymore,I told her I had to switch all the power off and hey presto,it was peppa pig no more :lol:

1 hour ago, euan2020 said:

probably me

Used to put my CD's on loud when hit 5pm and was working late - Soft Cell used to be a favourite to annoy anyone around

we used to have a kids cricket set, we used to play in the office if got frustrated

I brought in some Pepperami Fanimals which we used to throw around the office, which screamed at people

Loved these Zoom toys which were effectively a hand sized rugby ball with a tail fin - which used to get thrown about the office

One time i came back from vacation, and everything had been removed from my desk, and locked in my cupboard including computer, screen etc etc 

If i was working in office say until 9pm, i used to phone 1 of my colleagues when he was travelling to Kazakhstan knowing fine well he was 5 hours ahead.  Although same guy had recruitment agencies phoning me up after he registered a profile for me looking for a junior's job.

What an utter fanny.

We have a dutch guy comes in ever day and says "morning" in a stupid high pitched voice. nevers ceases to piss me off.

On 24/01/2017 at 10:19 AM, sbcmfc said:

Another was a guy who was a complete work shy chancer, but had the gift of the gab. He contributed literally nothing and everybody knew it, in fact he'd been overpromoted to a job he couldn't do and had no inclination to learn, as the company was expanding (too) quickly and if you'd been there 3 months, that was as good as a degree.

:lol:

That reminds me of someone I work with, a proudly self-confessed 'professional volunteer'.  If there's a collection to be done, a presentation to be presented or a committee looking for a member, she'll be there.  She'll volunteer for anything that means she can avoid doing the job she's actually paid to do.  Of course, because she'll get involved in shitey wee peripheral things that most other people aren't interested in, the management love her!

There's another character who I would describe as lazy, except that suggests he doesn't do very much, which isn't quite the case.  No; what this guy does is find ways to fob work he should be doing off onto other people.  He works hard to avoid working hard.  It's actually quite clever but it's as annoying as f*ck.

There are very few people in work that dont annoy me

In fact there are very few people period that dont annoy me

Surprisingly i think they all feel i am an absolute delight to be around

Edited by Ally Bongo

I used to work with a guy that put his CD's on loud when hit 5pm and he was working late - Soft Cell used to be his favourite and it annoyed the bejeezuz out of me. He also had a kids cricket set, he used to play in the office if he got frustrated (which was a lot).  He even brought in some Pepperami Fanimals which he used to throw around the office, they screamed at everyone.  He loved the Zoom toys which were effectively a hand sized rugby ball with a tail fin - which he used to throw about the office  Everyone's thinking this guy is in his late 40's and reasonably senior (but nae really that senior at all).

One time he came back from vacation, and I had locked everything from around his desk in a cupboard including computer, screen etc etc

Thankfully he fecked aff to South Africa.............. 

6 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I used to work with a guy that put his CD's on loud when hit 5pm and he was working late - Soft Cell used to be his favourite and it annoyed the bejeezuz out of me. He also had a kids cricket set, he used to play in the office if he got frustrated (which was a lot).  He even brought in some Pepperami Fanimals which he used to throw around the office, they screamed at everyone.  He loved the Zoom toys which were effectively a hand sized rugby ball with a tail fin - which he used to throw about the office  Everyone's thinking this guy is in his late 40's and reasonably senior (but nae really that senior at all).

One time he came back from vacation, and I had locked everything from around his desk in a cupboard including computer, screen etc etc

??

13 hours ago, euan2020 said:

probably me

There's a lot wrong with this post however one thing in particular stands out!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

3 hours ago, ShedTA said:

:lol: quite interesting that a group of guys on a football forum can have such a similar view of their work colleagues to myself!!

There definitely seems to be similar 'types' in every workplace.  I recognise quite a few people described by other posters in this thread!

Nothing worse than being on a teleconference where people are in about 4 or 5 different locations and more than one person at each location.  Have one every Tuesday and it gets on my Thruppennys.

Oh and my new boss said the other day that he wanted to get into the "archaeology of the process". :blink:

14 hours ago, giblet said:

Nothing worse than being on a teleconference where people are in about 4 or 5 different locations and more than one person at each location.  Have one every Tuesday and it gets on my Thruppennys.

Oh and my new boss said the other day that he wanted to get into the "archaeology of the process". :blink:

We've merged with a company down south and the take corporate whank to a whole new level.  I'm sick to death of things like "Economies of scale", "find out what is in our gift" and loads more that I've actually started to block from my memory!

On 1/26/2017 at 11:16 AM, SMcoolJ said:

haar haar haar - you were on the top floor in your "private" office  ;-)   although i was there 6-9 months but quiet

It was after that we got noisy - although when everyone was moving floors i remember folk dumping all their kak in Paul Davenports transit box to move to his new office .

working from home just now so its wife who is complaining that i am "in her space"  -

On 26 January 2017 at 9:57 AM, Fairbairn said:

There's a lot wrong with this post however one thing in particular stands out!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm torn on the whole "vacation" thing. Whilst I would rather hack my tongue off with a rusty spoon than actually use the word, I reluctantly accept that the word does have merit and should have a place in our vocabulary.

A holiday is not the same thing as a vacation. You can be on holiday, but not be on vacation. The septics are correct to have two different words.

Edited by Marky

1 minute ago, Marky said:

I'm torn on the whole "vacation" thing. Whilst I would rather hack my tongue off with a rusty spoon than actually use the word, I reluctantly accept that the word does have merit and should have a place in our vocabulary.

A holiday is not the same thing as a vacation. You can be on holiday, but not be on vacation. The sceptics are correct to have two different words.

On holiday and on your holidays is distinction enough for me.

:ok:

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

On holiday and on your holidays is distinction enough for me.

:ok:

Good enough for me too, but was just sayin...

The acid test would be whether an American who was off work on "annual leave", but was just at home would say he was on holiday or on vacation.

If he said holiday my point would be valid. If he said vacation then he can gtf.