Team for Canada Game - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for Canada Game

jamboman

I'm hoping Strachan gives some young players a game against Canada. I would like to see a team like this. 

4-4-2.

Gordon

Hutton (no paterson) Souttar Berra Tierney

Burke MacArthur McGinn Mckay 

Griffiths Naismith

With the likes of:

Ryan Fraser

Liam Lindsay

Jack Hamilton

Matt Phillips 

All getting on at some time

Good balance of young and experienced. 

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

Hutton has retired from international football.

Yeah. I'd give Tierney a shot on the right. Not a fan of doing that but if there's ever a place to try it, it's here. Who knows, he might be perfectly comfortable there. With him at RB and Robertson (and a million others) at LB that'd be us sorted.

GK - any one of the 3

RB - Anya

CB - Martin

CB - Mulgrew 

LB - Robertson or Teirney

CM - Brown, Fletcher or Morrison

CM - McArthur or Armstrong

RW - Phillips, Ritchie or Forrest 

AM - Snodgrass

LW - Fraser

CF - Burke 

Give Burke and Fraser a chance to impress and keep their place for the Slovenia match. 

If it doesn't work, we can always fall back on Chris Martin. 

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

GK - any one of the 3

RB - Anya

CB - Martin

CB - Mulgrew 

LB - Robertson or Teirney

CM - Brown, Fletcher or Morrison

CM - McArthur or Armstrong

RW - Phillips, Ritchie or Forrest 

AM - Snodgrass

LW - Fraser

CF - Burke 

Give Burke and Fraser a chance to impress and keep their place for the Slovenia match. 

If it doesn't work, we can always fall back on Chris Martin. 

That is a good team although i would pick Mcarthur and Armstrong and not worry about the other 3

28 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

no idea why people keep talking about playing burke as our main striker, he has never played there for this clubs or for us, now isn't the time to play a 19 year old out of position

Desperation really. We have oodles of options for the three in behind, but no one striker better than meh, so although he's an unknown as a cf, he is huge, fast and a direct threat. A gamble but not a totally insane one imo.

11 hours ago, LewisEDI said:

no idea why people keep talking about playing burke as our main striker, he has never played there for this clubs or for us, now isn't the time to play a 19 year old out of position

Anything I have seen of the lad attacking in and around the box, especially running at defenders is far better than anything I have seen from the usual ST's Strachan picks. 

That said I would be happy with Griffiths ST with Burke and Snodgrass as CAM's

11 hours ago, LewisEDI said:

Fair point and I agree he should be on the wing.

That being said, he would most likely be more of an attacking and goalscoring threat than Chris Martin.

Strachan will no doubt play the players we all want to see against Canada and then revert back to his usual choices against Slovenia.

I know this is the Canada team thread but it's all about the Sunday. My team for that would be 

Gordon 

Whittaker Martin Berra Robertson 

Fletcher McArthur (Or maybe Charlie Adam) 

Burke Phillips Fraser

Snodgrass 

Play Snodgrass up top because for me he has been shocking the last 3 games ( for us ) and he's no pace. Decent touch so can hold it into feet. The 3 in behind have pace and they can go over the top if needs be.

15 hours ago, GordyA88 said:

Strachan will no doubt play the players we all want to see against Canada and then revert back to his usual choices against Slovenia.

I know this is the Canada team thread but it's all about the Sunday. My team for that would be 

Gordon 

Whittaker Martin Berra Robertson 

Fletcher McArthur (Or maybe Charlie Adam) 

Burke Phillips Fraser

Snodgrass 

Play Snodgrass up top because for me he has been shocking the last 3 games ( for us ) and he's no pace. Decent touch so can hold it into feet. The 3 in behind have pace and they can go over the top if needs be.

wouldnt be against snoddy starting upfront, he has been piss poor for us recently but is on form club wise just now and will get a boost out of moving to west ham and london. as for charlie adam noooooooooooooo. zero chance fraser and Phillips will start together 

1 hour ago, LewisEDI said:

wouldnt be against snoddy starting upfront, he has been piss poor for us recently but is on form club wise just now and will get a boost out of moving to west ham and london. as for charlie adam noooooooooooooo. zero chance fraser and Phillips will start together 

I know there is no chance of it. Strachan will find a way to play Forrest.