Team for Canada Game - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for Canada Game

jamboman

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Hopefully we lose and play terrible and Strachan is gone in the morning. 

That is the scenario that will happen if we lose but I would prefer us to win to make England game meningfull.

36 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Half a dozen if Wallace plays. 

It's bizarre. He was playing really well last season but has been well below that level this season. 

He wasn't picked last season but has Been picked this one. 

Anyone would think Strachan was a contrary twat. 

Edited by RenfrewBlue

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's bizarre. He was playing really well last season but has been well below that level this season. 

He wasn't picked last season but has Been picked this one. 

Anyone would think Strachan was a contrary twat. 

Now, before you bark at me, hear me out? I genuinely believe players like Wallace and McGinn were picked to put bums on seats. The SFA know fine well they fvked up pricing but refuse to go back to save face. They know our by far biggest sets of fans follow the Old Firm. They need to appease them by making sure fans buy tickets. Celtic players obviously merit inclusion most of the time as the best in the country. But Wallace? McGinn because it's at Easter Road?

7 hours ago, Ormond said:

Now, before you bark at me, hear me out? I genuinely believe players like Wallace and McGinn were picked to put bums on seats. The SFA know fine well they fvked up pricing but refuse to go back to save face. They know our by far biggest sets of fans follow the Old Firm. They need to appease them by making sure fans buy tickets. Celtic players obviously merit inclusion most of the time as the best in the country. But Wallace? McGinn because it's at Easter Road?

Wallace gets picked because he's Rangers captain. No other reason. 

Guest BlueGaz
41 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Wallace gets picked because he's Rangers captain. No other reason. 

I disagree, I think Strachan rates him as a squad player, or else he wouldn't have started him last night.  I don't think we will see Wallace play again, that was probably his last game.  He is too far down the pecking order to be in another squad.  There are a few in the squad who shouldn't play for Scotland again though.  

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

You may well be right. Neither one is actually playing well enough to merit inclusion by rights. 

4 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I disagree, I think Strachan rates him as a squad player, or else he wouldn't have started him last night.  I don't think we will see Wallace play again, that was probably his last game.  He is too far down the pecking order to be in another squad.  There are a few in the squad who shouldn't play for Scotland again though.  

Probably agree with you. We don't need Wallace other than in an emergency. We also don't need Berra, Fletcher, Martin and possibly McGregor again on that showing last night. 

7 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I disagree

Disagree. I believe he only gets called up because of who he is. There are two vastly superior left-backs who aren't in the squad. 

Although i accept that the fact that Strachan is an awful football manager and judge of a player could indeed be the reason. 

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Disagree. I believe he only gets called up because of who he is. There are two vastly superior left-backs who aren't in the squad. 

Although i accept that the fact that Strachan is an awful football manager and judge of a player could indeed be the reason. 

I would maybe go with you if he was isolated in this respect, but he isn't, there are obviously quite a few that shouldn't be in the squad.  Someone said it was to appease the fans for ticket sales, thats very obviously not the reason and a lot of Rangers fans wouldn't be arsed about him playing for Scotland anyway, so it doesn't add up for me.  Bottom line though, not good enough and as you say well down the order, but still got a start.  If he was number 2 to Tierney last night made sense.  

16 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I would maybe go with you if he was isolated in this respect, but he isn't, there are obviously quite a few that shouldn't be in the squad.  Someone said it was to appease the fans for ticket sales, thats very obviously not the reason and a lot of Rangers fans wouldn't be arsed about him playing for Scotland anyway, so it doesn't add up for me.  Bottom line though, not good enough and as you say well down the order, but still got a start.  If he was number 2 to Tierney last night made sense.  

I tend to agree with this. Rangers fans IMO are split into two camps, those who are Scotland supporters and those who want nothing to do with Scotland. Those who are Scotland supporters are still going to support Scotland/go to games whether Wallace or any other Rangers player are in the squad or not. They have been for the last 4-5 years when Rangers players haven't featured so it seems odd to think that their decision making now will be based on Rangers players being in the squad or not. Those that aren't interested in Scotland are not suddenly going to be converted due to Wallace being in the squad. 

I think he was in the squad as recognition/reward of him having a decent performance v England in November.

27 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Barry Douglas and Jay McEveley?

Just kidding  ;)

4 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Barry Douglas and Jay McEveley?

Just kidding  ;)

Shinnie and Kingsley are both vastly superior. As anyone who can judge a fitbaw player will be able to tell you. 

Incidentally, if Shinnie was in centre midfield for Scotland last night, we'd have been much better. His energy, drive and desire to go and win the ball would've been an asset. Still, Strachan knows best :rolleyes: 

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

Nah.

He isnt a patch on Robertson or Tierney, and Shinnie should be ahead of him. He is just a very poor player.

As should Kingsley. 

10 hours ago, Parklife said:

Shinnie and Kingsley are both vastly superior. As anyone who can judge a fitbaw player will be able to tell you. 

Incidentally, if Shinnie was in centre midfield for Scotland last night, we'd have been much better. His energy, drive and desire to go and win the ball would've been an asset. Still, Strachan knows best :rolleyes: 

Even though he should be a guaranteed shoe-in, I wouldn't want Shinnie (or McLean) near Strachan and this pile of average shite that masquerade as Scotland players.

He might get injured for far more important games.