Team for Canada Game - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for Canada Game

jamboman

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, andyD said:

umm... probably. Better than Brown and Fletcher, for sure.

Brown for the next 2 games till he retires again then we will need someone else.

Probably better off picking players who are genuinly committed.

Once this campaign is mathematically dead and Strachan goes, Brown will obviously follow under the guise of 'lengthening his club career by retiring from international football'

I was more trying to figure out what Jambo was actually saying.

" Brown should be the holding player along. Those 2 work well."
is it.. alone? with Armstrong ahead because they work well together balancing duties? I'd question that because in the last 3 champions league games, Brown and Armstrong were the two deep sitters, with Rogic ahead. They should probably get the nod for Scotland when they do well for Celtic against Man City and Barca. Ahead of them would suit what Morrison is doing lately, tho Burke and Snodgrass are the two most likely candidates, with the other playing wide right.

or.. did he mean "along.. side 'someone'. Those 2 work well." and we don't know who the someone is?

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Fraser, Burke and Armstrong must start this match.

ill be accused of bias but I'd like to see Ryan jack and kenny McLean get a chance in the 2nd half. No better chance to see what they can do. Both on fine form too.

all of remaining games are must wins

so Canada game needs to be full 11 intend to play Slovenia to build some momentum

no time for experimentation

59 minutes ago, Bino's said:

all of remaining games are must wins

so Canada game needs to be full 11 intend to play Slovenia to build some momentum

no time for experimentation

every game is a must win game but we have a balloon in charge who doesn't believe this, this campaign is over so I have no issue with experimenting.

Having previously played for Scotland at under-19 level, in February 2014 Gallagher switched allegiance to his birth country, England. On 24 February 2014, he was called up by the England under-19s for a friendly match against Turkey.[16][17] He made his debut in the game, which England won 3–0.[18]

from Wikipedia...   switched allegiance.... he wants to play for them.

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

If he came into a squad and gave his all on the pitch, that's all that matters. His team mates would soon rumble him if he wasn't committed.

I've no doubt the lad would give his all when he plays the same as Morrison et all do. What is clear though is that he would rather play for England.

1 hour ago, Paulo2576 said:

I've no doubt the lad would give his all when he plays the same as Morrison et all do. What is clear though is that he would rather play for England.

It's clear he'd rather have played for England a couple of years ago. If he does the business for us I wouldn't care. He could score a hat-trick and then we could all rip the pish out of him.

So far his career has not taken off like it should have/expected to, so can see why Strachan is being reported to be making enquiries (was there not a spell earlier in the season where he scored something like 10 goals in 9 games?) but hopefully this does not turn into a another Levein-Andy Carrol situation where he does not take no for a answer and tries for a prolonged period to get him.

Seem to recall when he switched to England it was during a period where Southampton had a conveyor belt of great prospects coming out of their youth academy and making it into the England team. Matt Targett also switched back to England round about the same time). 

41 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Is this typical Scotland interested now that he seems to be losing a bit of form?  I could be wrong but I don't think Gallagher has actually started the last few games.

Out for the last two weeks with a knee injury.

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Is this typical Scotland interested now that he seems to be losing a bit of form?  I could be wrong but I don't think Gallagher has actually started the last few games.

I saw him play when Brighton went to Ewood Park and he looked very impressive. Would happily see him in a Scotland shirt.

Been saying it for ages get Sam Gallagher in along with - Armstrong - Cairney - Phillips 

on the keeper front maybe worth a look at McLaughlin of Burton has a good season but I know we're well covered in that area.

Another player that's having a decent season is Joe Bryan @ Bristol City left sided again maybe worth a look.

19 hours ago, Shaun said:

Daily Mail on Sunday reporting that Sam Gallagher in line for a call up.

If he was any good he'd still be at Southampton. It not like they're slow in promoting promising younger players.

On 25/02/2017 at 8:45 AM, Bino's said:

On current form

Gordon

Bardsley, R Martin, Berra, Tierney

Brown, D Fletcher

Forrest, Morrison, Phillips

Rhodes

On 25/02/2017 at 8:56 AM, vanderark14 said:

Fraser, Burke and Armstrong must start this match.

ill be accused of bias but I'd like to see Ryan jack and kenny McLean get a chance in the 2nd half. No better chance to see what they can do. Both on fine form too.

I'd take Binos team if you replaced Forrest and Phillips with Burke and Fraser. Wouldn't be upset to see Armstrong in there either.