TRNSMT - Glasgow Green - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

TRNSMT - Glasgow Green

:lol:

So the festival billed as an alternative/replacement to T in the Park has....Kasabian and Biffy as headliners!!!  How utterly, utterly predictable.  The Killer are playing Hyde Park that weekend so you can bet your bottom dollar they'll be added to the bill on one of the alternate nights.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

So the festival billed as an alternative/replacement to T in the Park has....Kasabian and Biffy as headliners!!!  How utterly, utterly predictable.  The Killer are playing Hyde Park that weekend so you can bet your bottom dollar they'll be added to the bill on one of the alternate nights.

Was just going to say where are The Killers hahaha.

Kaiser Chiefs and Prodigy and your sorted.

So folk are complaining already about 2 out of the 3 announced acts even though those 2 are very much relevant to just now. Biffy have an album just out and it hasn't been long since kasabian had an album in the charts. Would it not be better waiting till the full line up is out before seeing how much of a titp clone it is

6 minutes ago, hunchy said:

So folk are complaining already about 2 out of the 3 announced acts even though those 2 are very much relevant to just now. Biffy have an album just out and it hasn't been long since kasabian had an album in the charts. Would it not be better waiting till the full line up is out before seeing how much of a titp clone it is

Nae fun in that though, is there?!

3 hours ago, hunchy said:

Cliff Richard just had an album out that charted as have that Bradley boy from The Chase that you need subtitles to understand and the posh radge that presents Pointless.

Are those 3 "very much relevant to today" if having an album out recently is your yardstick?

32 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Reading and Leeds announced Kasabian yesterday as a "UK Festival Exclusive". So if they are at Transmit (I refuse to type that other name) then not quite sure how R&L are billing them as exclusive.

Maybe they forgot Scotland is in the UK? Independence by stealth may be working ;) 

An awful name for a festival.  Can just imagine DF Concerts PR and marketing department sitting round a table and coming up with Transmit. Let's remove the vowels shouts some 23 year old mass media graduate from Glenrothes, it's hip, it's vibey, it's cool.

Those three headliners are tragic as well, how the have biff Clyro had any sort of career, they are torture. 

Think ahh go on the Saturday night, love Kasabian.  Radiohead not a fan off and Biffy Clyro I don't get the big obsession folk have with them are, most songs sound the same and they are utter dire to me

21 hours ago, neil r said:

Cliff Richard just had an album out that charted as have that Bradley boy from The Chase that you need subtitles to understand and the posh radge that presents Pointless.

Are those 3 "very much relevant to today" if having an album out recently is your yardstick?

Those 3 are not exactly festival matterial but when you compare transmit to titp because of the 3 announced is stupid if it had been say Radiohead, Calvin Harris and Nicki minaj then I would have agreed with you about titp. Maybe they are trying to get back to what titp was like at the start.

19 minutes ago, hunchy said:

Those 3 are not exactly festival matterial but when you compare transmit to titp because of the 3 announced is stupid if it had been say Radiohead, Calvin Harris and Nicki minaj then I would have agreed with you about titp. Maybe they are trying to get back to what titp was like at the start.

I never said they were festival material although I dare say they could pull an audience in the correct circumstances.

I simply pointed out that having an album in the charts hardly makes you relevant to today as you state it does.

1 hour ago, neil r said:

I never said they were festival material although I dare say they could pull an audience in the correct circumstances.

I simply pointed out that having an album in the charts hardly makes you relevant to today as you state it does.

Ye fair enough I could have put it better. Agree that they could pull a crowd under the right circumstances. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/01/2017 at 9:28 AM, Mox said:

An awful name for a festival.  Can just imagine DF Concerts PR and marketing department sitting round a table and coming up with Transmit. Let's remove the vowels shouts some 23 year old mass media graduate from Glenrothes, it's hip, it's vibey, it's cool.

Those three headliners are tragic as well, how the have biff Clyro had any sort of career, they are torture. 

Agreed pish name

• 4 months later...

Thoughts from those that attended then?

I was there Friday and Saturday. In about 2.30/3 on Friday, easy in, easy to get drink, easy to get the toilet. Wasn't a fan of anyone on Main Stage so it was just about having a wander about site, popping into this and that. Be Charlotte on Tuts was excellent and the Smirnoff area was decent too. Didn't get into anything at JD tent but stood outside for a couple.

Went with mates to Main for Radiohead, stood quite close to left of sound control area. Totally rammed and a constant stream of folks wanting to get forward. Almost one fight as some guy gave this lass an absolute torrent of abuse as he was trying to get forward, her boyfriend stood by and said nothing but some other lad in front of me was right at him for the way he was speaking to her. Pair of them shouting at each for about 90 seconds and then the lad trying to get forwarded headed off into crowd.

Left after an hour of Radiohead, looked decent on telly but as said, not my thing.

Arrived about 3ish on Saturday after a few drinks and some food in city centre. Site was rammed, was like the old TITP days where you had to weave 20m back and forward through people to get 10m. A lot of people melted but to be honest, bar one pished burd almost falling on 3 women sitting on ground before Kasabian and then her (male) pal pissing half in a cup, half in his pants and then dropping it next to said same 3 women, who went mental at him, I didn't see that much bawbaggedry. Fridays Radiohead "confrontation" was probably worse.

Don't know how much extra the sold out Saturday was over the non sold out Friday but had a major impact on bars and toilets. Mate at worked said him and mates were an hour at one point. I was actually close to leaving about 5.30/6 but thankfully got served after 30 mins at bar to left of Cocktail Cocktail and then went in sat in the area to left of welfare tent. Ideal, sun out, it was deserted, probably about 15 people max in the entire area all the time we were there. Only left for more drink (thankfully queues down to about 15 mins when Catfish were on) or to go to loo, stayed there for 3 hours and left about 20 mins before Kasabian came on.

Saw Kasabian, excellent again, good atmosphere and good area/crowd around us on concrete path to left of Main Stage.

City centre was ideal, no hanging about on buses etc after, back at hotel via one boozer for about 12.30

One final comment. When sitting in the area mentioned above got talking to a lad who was sitting next to us. He was on site construction crew, worked on most of DF stuff, had done T site builds, also works Edinburgh festival. I asked him about TITP as I was sure it wouldn't be back. His comments were T will definitely be back and it will be at Balado, that is what they have been told. He said it probably wouldn't be next year but almost certainly next again year. I took it with a wee pinch of salt but having experienced Strathallan it can never go back there. Discussed with a mate this morning who's mate was high up in Tennents marketing until late last year. He reminded me that his mate had said that Strathallan was a 4 year contract when T signed it back in 2015. That would tie up - did 2 years there, none this year, none next year, out of contract with Strathallan so can go back to Balado in 2019.

Was in town on Saturday early afternoon and seemed to be a lot of young team heading down.

Made me feel old.

Was that what it was like there? Or did the older people just blend in to the general crowds in town.

Wife and I considered going to see Kasabian mainly, but had forgotten all about it until the other day.