TRNSMT - Glasgow Green - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

TRNSMT - Glasgow Green

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

Was in town on Saturday early afternoon and seemed to be a lot of young team heading down.

Made me feel old.

:lol:

Was that what it was like there? Or did the older people just blend in to the general crowds in town.

Wife and I considered going to see Kasabian mainly, but had forgotten all about it until the other day.

That is something I noticed on the tv highlights last night when the camera panned in on the crowd that the average age looked about 18-21ish.

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Was in town on Saturday early afternoon and seemed to be a lot of young team heading down.

Made me feel old.

:lol:

Was that what it was like there? Or did the older people just blend in to the general crowds in town.

Wife and I considered going to see Kasabian mainly, but had forgotten all about it until the other day.

I thought both days was a well mixed crowd. Obviously loads of youngsters but a lot of my age/older there too. They were the ones who tended to be the worse for wear! 

Edited by Dalgety Bay TA

1 minute ago, wanderer said:

That is something I noticed on the tv highlights last night when the camera panned in on the crowd that the average age looked about 18-21ish.

I think the youngsters are happier to head to the front/mosh pit where as the older lady or gentleman is happy to watch from a bit further back nowadays! Watched the coverage of Kasabian on YT and the front is definitely young but around me there was hardly any.

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Average age was definitely way over 21.

Plenty of kids but plenty of folk in their 30s/40s.

Definitely more of an old school TITP crowd IMO.

59 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I think the youngsters are happier to head to the front/mosh pit where as the older lady or gentleman is happy to watch from a bit further back nowadays! Watched the coverage of Kasabian on YT and the front is definitely young but around me there was hardly any.

Plus a 21 year old burd is more pleasing on the eye....

There on Friday.  Thought the sound was not upto scratch for a festival of that size.   London Grammar's sound in particular was not good enough. Neither was Radiohead's initial few songs. Seemed to get better as the night wore on.  

Organisation for beers was top notch.   Really quick and well thought through. 

Didn't get q chance to visit any of the other stages.  

Had a little bit of a small festival feel to me for some reason.

Hope it continues though next year. 

Glasgow needs things like this in the city. 

1 hour ago, PapofGlencoe said:

There on Friday.  Thought the sound was not upto scratch for a festival of that size.   London Grammar's sound in particular was not good enough. Neither was Radiohead's initial few songs. Seemed to get better as the night wore on.  

Organisation for beers was top notch.   Really quick and well thought through. 

Didn't get q chance to visit any of the other stages.  

Had a little bit of a small festival feel to me for some reason.

Hope it continues though next year. 

Glasgow needs things like this in the city. 

I saw a few complaints about sound on Friday. We got in not long before Everything Everything came on Main Stage. Wandered across that way and stood just to right of the merchandise stall, roughly right in front a speaker pole. Sounded loud as f**k. I lasted about 5 mins before their screeching saw me head off to have a look round elsewhere. Came back to them singing about fat kids in pushchairs.

Smirnoff had some decent DJ's Friday afternoon but everyone seemed to be finding their feet and what was where which meant a lot of people seemed to be wandering around aimlessly therefore quite an odd feel to it.

Friday and Saturday were like chalk and cheese drinks wise. WTF pays with a card at a bar at a festival. There is a lot to be said for uniform pricing and tokens IMO.