English FA Cup - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

English FA Cup

51 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It's a big fat guy that thinks he's a bit of a character enjoying his 15 minutes.

Quite right to milk it for all it's worth.

On the face of it, the fat sub goalie eating a pie on the bench is funny. Obviously it transpires there was a bit more to it, but if you couldn't crack a smile when you first saw it, you need to lighten up.

I did laugh,a lot. But when you see professional footballers being handed bans,fines and in extreme cases loss of career,a bit of promotion for a betting company probably isn't the smartest thing to do. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I did laugh,a lot. But when you see professional footballers being handed bans,fines and in extreme cases loss of career,a bit of promotion for a betting company probably isn't the smartest thing to do. 

But if you're 46 years old and 20 stone, make hay while the sun shines...

:lol:

What's the worst they can do to him really?

11 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

But if you're 46 years old and 20 stone, make hay while the sun shines...

:lol:

What's the worst they can do to him really?

He's had to resign from the club because of it, so that Sutton can distance themselves from it. 

Still not sure why he is suffering though as it looks to me like the betting company that needs battered. 

Bookies and TV feck about with football far too much these days.  Look at the state of the Cowdenbeath player that's been caught betting on his team to lose. He's an addict and needs help. Also just read his wife and child had died,  don't know full background but he certainly seems to be suffering for the benefit of bookies. 

23 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

He's had to resign from the club because of it, so that Sutton can distance themselves from it. 

Still not sure why he is suffering though as it looks to me like the betting company that needs battered. 

He's suffering because he broke the rules which he's bound to comply with. 

Being ignorant of the rules or "just having a laugh" aren't acceptable defences. 

In December 2013, when he was warming up before a Sutton match against Kingstonian, a visiting supporter made a series of weight jibes. 

Shaw vaulted the hoardings and headbutted him. He was sacked by the club before being re-signed to Paul Doswell's coaching staff and squad a year later. He's been there ever since

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-4245100/Sutton-s-Wayne-Shaw-investigated-pie-eating-stunt.html

#bantz

Edited by neilser

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

He's suffering because he broke the rules which he's bound to comply with. 

Being ignorant of the rules or "just having a laugh" aren't acceptable defences. 

Totally understand that but personally I'd hammer the betting company for setting the thing up. 

The fat stooge really doesn't need a mention.