English FA Cup - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

English FA Cup

22 minutes ago, buckielugger said:

Firstly as a Lincoln City fan for over 40 years, an amazing privilege to be at Turf Moor today and witness quite possibly the greatest result in my club's 133 year history. 

Secondly, yes it seems QPR last non-lge team into FA Cup quarter finals but there were only two smaller divisions of the Football League then, Third Division etc not even thought of. So non-league then not the same as now. Has a club currently outside the top 92 made it this far? I suspect not!! History making result in every sense.

But i would also as a little aside say the adjective "non-league" has traditionally referred to semi pro or amateur clubs. Lincoln City are neither of those. Always a full time club and i would prefer description instead of non-league to be simply "not in the league"...hopefully that current temporary status is soon to be rectified as we return to the Football League for next season all being well.

I never realised you were an Imp so congrats on the win today. It's looking good for getting back in the league as well. We used to have some great trips down there over the years. I remember winning 2-1 there one Xmas (1982ish) a few days after you'd beaten Bournemouth 9-0. How times change! I hope you get a top drawer game anyway next round.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic result for Lincoln yesterday.  The brothers that manage the club are doing a fantastic job. I think they might get a move somewhere bigger soon after this, or an offer at least. 

Thought the captain (Waterfall?)  was immense particularly at the end and the big lump up front, Rhead, made life hell for the Burnley centre halves. They won't have played against an old fashioned centre forward like that many times. 

As for Barton's shenanigans rolling about after a tickle and then slapping another player later on, he's just lucky not to have been sent off. All in all his personally embarrassing performance reflected his teams day perfectly. 

22 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

He apologised on Twitter though, so all is ok.

Although he didn't actually apologise, he said he was hit on the head which is why he went down. All he said was he wasnt trying to get the player sent off, which going down holding your head, if properly hit, is always going to get someone sent off.

2 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Although he didn't actually apologise, he said he was hit on the head which is why he went down. All he said was he wasnt trying to get the player sent off, which going down holding your head, if properly hit, is always going to get someone sent off.

It's not because he didn't.

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I'd love to blame it on Andy Halliday, but probably can't.

:lol:

Its strange how he can behave for a while, then have a bit of a meltdown like yesterday. Was he trying to stamp on the guy's toes or dancing with him before his fall?

'   

Wait till 5:30 or so and you might have something to blame Halliday for. ?

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I'd love to blame it on Andy Halliday, but probably can't.

Its strange how he can behave for a while, then have a bit of a meltdown like yesterday. Was he trying to stamp on the guy's toes or dancing with him before his fall?

'   

I watched the game yesterday, and Barton let himself and his team down big time.

He set out from the beginning to play the hard man against a bunch of non-league players, he then ended up constantly fueding with half the Lincoln team, and ended up cheating.

Pathetic really.

4 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I watched the game yesterday, and Barton let himself and his team down big time.

He set out from the beginning to play the hard man against a bunch of non-league players, he then ended up constantly fueding with half the Lincoln team, and ended up cheating.

Pathetic really.

Did you see the size of the monk haired  lincoln centre forward? He was massive. And shite. I thought he was going to belt barton at one point.

8 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Did you see the size of the monk haired  lincoln centre forward? He was massive. And shite. I thought he was going to belt barton at one point.

Aye. He seemed bewildered by the fact that Barton was constantly trying to pick a fight with him...:lol:

On 2/8/2017 at 8:23 PM, sbcmfc said:

Was watching the build up to the Leicester v Derby replay. 10 & 8 changes to their respective line ups from the weekend.

Good chance to get a run with league 1 Millwall up next for the winner.

Or maybe not :-) 

Come on You Lions !!!   :-) 

On Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 10:55 PM, Huddersfield said:

I never realised you were an Imp so congrats on the win today. It's looking good for getting back in the league as well. We used to have some great trips down there over the years. I remember winning 2-1 there one Xmas (1982ish) a few days after you'd beaten Bournemouth 9-0. How times change! I hope you get a top drawer game anyway next round.

I was at the 2-1 win for Huddersfield on boxing day with my Dad.

Yes, straight after the 9-0 thrashing of Bournemouth  (also at that!!).

Cheers☺

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 9:19 AM, Rossy said:

Barton could well have been sent off for an elbow at the beginning of the 2nd half, and his play acting was embarrassing. 

He truly is a piece of scum. 

Still baffled as to why he wasn't sent off! I thought hitting an opponent in the face was a definite red...

Also his antics in diving and rolling around behind Matt Rhead were both embarrassing and shameful. Doing THAT to get a player sent off should also be made a red card. It's cheating of the worst type.

And btw Matt Rhead has been a hero at Lincoln since he joined us. Very few opponents can handle him. Rheady!!

14 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I see the Sutton United sub goalie at a pie on the bench.

Appears to be playing up to the cameras a bit, but still pretty funny.

https://www.facebook.com/BBCMOTD/videos/10155186996180982/

At least he waited til 3 subs had been used. Pity he never got on, he'd have made Conrad Logan look anorexic.

Edited by Toepoke

7 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I see the Sutton United sub goalie at a pie on the bench.

Appears to be playing up to the cameras a bit, but still pretty funny.

https://www.facebook.com/BBCMOTD/videos/10155186996180982/

Aye he was defos putting on a bit of a show I think, but fair play to him, seems to have a good personality.

6 hours ago, Toepoke said:

At least he waited til 3 subs had been used. Pity he never got on, he'd have made Conrad Logan look anorexic.

Yea true, Pie was probably sitting there since half time haha

3 hours ago, Donaldo87 said:

Rumour that SunBet had it priced up at 8/1 that he would eat a pie during the match :lol:

He's now being investigated because of this. Total and utter sense of humour bypass on behalf of the authorities. 

Sunbet were out to rob some daft punters by offering this bet and got burned,  probably because someone told the roly poly goalie to eat a pie. Now he'll get fined probably. Football is dead on its arse through things like this. 

24 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

He's now being investigated because of this. Total and utter sense of humour bypass on behalf of the authorities. 

Sunbet were out to rob some daft punters by offering this bet and got burned,  probably because someone told the roly poly goalie to eat a pie. Now he'll get fined probably. Football is dead on its arse through things like this. 

Sun bet sponsored the Sutton shirts, so if anything it's a publicity stunt that they were in on.

44 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Utter nonsense. This is peak football 'bantz' aimed at folk who are unable to recite the alphabet.

Sutton lost all credibility when they decided to let The Suns betting company sponsor their shirts and then their keeper is remarkably involved in a stunt in which sun bets where the only betting organisation offering odds on such an event taking place. Hopefully the FA and the gambling commission come down hard on Sutton, their keeper and The Sun. 

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

Utter nonsense. This is peak football 'bantz' aimed at folk who are unable to recite the alphabet.

Sutton lost all credibility when they decided to let The Suns betting company sponsor their shirts and then their keeper is remarkably involved in a stunt in which sun bets where the only betting organisation offering odds on such an event taking place. Hopefully the FA and the gambling commission come down hard on Sutton, their keeper and The Sun. 

Couldn't agree more! 

32 minutes ago, Mox said:

I wonder how much he got "paid" for eating a pie. Seen something saying he knew about it beforehand,so thought he would do it for a laugh. 

Won't be funny soon I would imagine. 

It's a big fat guy that thinks he's a bit of a character enjoying his 15 minutes.

Quite right to milk it for all it's worth.

On the face of it, the fat sub goalie eating a pie on the bench is funny. Obviously it transpires there was a bit more to it, but if you couldn't crack a smile when you first saw it, you need to lighten up.