Midweek fitba - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Midweek fitba

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I never get praise for not singing about slaughtering Catholics either. Pisses me right off. 

"Not that praise is necessarily merited", is what I said. So... what's your point? Are you suggesting that I think fans should be praised for sectarian singing? Because I would find that insinuation totally offensive and it would make me think you're an arsehole.

Edited by thewolf_1980

29 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

"Not that praise is necessarily merited", is what I said. So... what's your point? Are you suggesting that I think fans should be praised for sectarian singing? Because I would find that insinuation totally offensive and it would make me think you're an arsehole.

I never suggested anything of the sort. Feck knows how you deduced that. Settle down and stop trying to act the hard man. 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

If they interview Warburton, he's standing in front of a big board advertising Sports Direct, 32 red, Puma etc.

I think they should both work to resolve it, but by removing Chris Mclaughlins press privilege, they are setting a precedent they can ban anyone that says something they don't like.

(incidentally, is the sectarian singing from the away support getting worse? Appears they sing what they like, but then nobody can call them out on it, or they'll have their press privileges removed, and the SFA/SPFL have proven completely toothless on the issue and quite happy to look the other way.)

Once again,  to make things factual and not the usual twisted keech you get on here,  it's not a ban. 

No idea about the away fans singing. I don't go to away games and don't get the chance to listen/watch as often as I'd like. You don't really hear what they're singing very clearly anyway. 

At the home games I've been to its the best it's ever been (as in the least naughty songs sung). 

Anyway the press don't need to bother monitoring the Rangers fans songs,  there's literally hundreds of Celtic and Aberdeen fans doing that for them, as well as the odd Arab. ?

27 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I never suggested anything of the sort. Feck knows how you deduced that. Settle down and stop trying to act the hard man. 

Well, why make your little snidely comments about not getting praise for dodgy singing? The insinuation from that is that I was defending it, rather than what I did say which was that no praise was merited? At best, your statement is a random non sequitur; at worst, it's a dig at me for no reason.

I never act the hard man. My posts don't suggest it.

28 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Once again,  to make things factual and not the usual twisted keech you get on here,  it's not a ban. 

No idea about the away fans singing. I don't go to away games and don't get the chance to listen/watch as often as I'd like. You don't really hear what they're singing very clearly anyway. 

At the home games I've been to its the best it's ever been (as in the least naughty songs sung). 

Anyway the press don't need to bother monitoring the Rangers fans songs,  there's literally hundreds of Celtic and Aberdeen fans doing that for them, as well as the odd Arab. ?

Nobody except you is twisting anything, or you're at least playing at semantics to try and avoid the point. Rangers have said McLaughlin isn't getting a press pass which is pretty much a ban if not in name. Journos don't just get a seat you know, they get internet access etc as well so it's not like he could do the same job sitting in amongst the rest of the fans. But I'm sure you knew that.

As someone else (SBMFC?) said, and which was my point all along, removing a journo's privileges for publishing something you don't like sets a dangerous precedent. Remember, what he published wasn't lies or defamatory, Rangers just didn't like it.

Defend that as much as you want but it really isn't the BBC who are at fault here.

45 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:Well, why make your little snidely comments about not getting praise for dodgy singing? The insinuation from that is that I was defending it, rather than what I did say which was that no praise was merited? At best, your statement is a random non sequitur; at worst, it's a dig at me for no reason.

I never act the hard man. My posts don't suggest it.

You don't get to decide what I insinuate. I've told you what you inferred from my post was incorrect. 

I was merely a bit perplexed by the comment that Rangers might feel aggrieved that they don't get praise for actions to reduce sectarian singing, when they've failed to eradicate it despite it being completely unacceptable for decades. 

Im still bemused how you deduced that I claimed you were praising sectarian singing. I think you just wanted me to be saying that so you could have a pop at me. :) 

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You don't get to decide what I insinuate. I've told you what you inferred from my post was incorrect. 

I was merely a bit perplexed by the comment that Rangers might feel aggrieved that they don't get praise for actions to reduce sectarian singing, when they've failed to eradicate it despite it being completely unacceptable for decades. 

Im still bemused how you deduced that I claimed you were praising sectarian singing. I think you just wanted me to be saying that so you could have a pop at me. :) 

1st paragraph: yes I can. You misinterpreted my post and are now digging to try and pass the buck back to me to deflect from your lack of understanding. You look daft now. Stop it. In my opinion.

2nd paragraph: totally out of context. I merely expressed an opinion as to why RFC may consider that the reporting had been 'one way'. I might be wrong. You opted to misinterpret that. English lessons may help.

3rd paragraph: If you think my post was fishing for an argument, well, I'm bemused. I'll end with the same patronising emoji though. :)

5 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

1st paragraph: yes I can. You misinterpreted my post and are now digging to try and pass the buck back to me to deflect from your lack of understanding. You look daft now. Stop it. In my opinion.

2nd paragraph: totally out of context. I merely expressed an opinion as to why RFC may consider that the reporting had been 'one way'. I might be wrong. You opted to misinterpret that. English lessons may help.

3rd paragraph: If you think my post was fishing for an argument, well, I'm bemused. I'll end with the same patronising emoji though. :)

I never misinterpreted anything. Only you've done that in this exchange. Me pointing out how ridiculous what you said was isn't misinterpreting. 

Your post was clearly fishing for fight. You came up with a bizarre accusation and said "if you're saying this, you're an arsehole", when I'd said nothing of the sort. 

This is pretty boring now, so you can have the last word. 

3 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

Nobody except you is twisting anything, or you're at least playing at semantics to try and avoid the point. Rangers have said McLaughlin isn't getting a press pass which is pretty much a ban if not in name. Journos don't just get a seat you know, they get internet access etc as well so it's not like he could do the same job sitting in amongst the rest of the fans. But I'm sure you knew that.

As someone else (SBMFC?) said, and which was my point all along, removing a journo's privileges for publishing something you don't like sets a dangerous precedent. Remember, what he published wasn't lies or defamatory, Rangers just didn't like it.

Defend that as much as you want but it really isn't the BBC who are at fault here.

I'm playing at semantics yet you say removing a press pass is a ban, in all but name,  which it isn't. You're the one playing at semantics. 

I know exactly what the journos get at Ibrox. I've done the stadium tour with each of my boys. As for the Internet, have you heard of 4G? Its quite a good signal in Ibrox these days. 

And as for your last sentence, utter pish. I'm not defending Rangers actions at all. In fact the if you'd remove your anti-Rangers blinkers and reread my earlier posts I've criticised the way Rangers have handled this whole situation. 

What I'm not doing going is making out the BBC are right. They aren't. McLaughlin did not provide balanced or fair coverage.  He did what you are doing now and had a go instead of doing his job properly. 

That's my opinion. I couldn't care less if you agree. ? 

27 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I'm playing at semantics yet you say removing a press pass is a ban, in all but name,  which it isn't. You're the one playing at semantics. 

I know exactly what the journos get at Ibrox. I've done the stadium tour with each of my boys. As for the Internet, have you heard of 4G? Its quite a good signal in Ibrox these days. 

And as for your last sentence, utter pish. I'm not defending Rangers actions at all. In fact the if you'd remove your anti-Rangers blinkers and reread my earlier posts I've criticised the way Rangers have handled this whole situation. 

What I'm not doing going is making out the BBC are right. They aren't. McLaughlin did not provide balanced or fair coverage.  He did what you are doing now and had a go instead of doing his job properly. 

sorry to butt in..but as i asked, i am interested to know what went on,

but is the highlighted  that your opinion , or was that found to be fact. 

ta.

42 minutes ago, stocky said:

ta.

He told the truth about rangers bigoted fans singing bigoted songs. The truth is not allowed seemingly

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

How do you know I've got anti rangers blinkers btw? Because I say they're wrong here?

If McLaughlin isn't being treated the same as any other journo then you can call it a ban, revoking of pass or whatever, it all amounts to the same thing. Rangers won't allow him in to do his job on the same terms they allow all other media reps in and on that basis the BBC have got to back their man, otherwise it's open season on anyone who fails to toe the party line.

If you can't see that or refuse to admit that's the case then that's your prerogative, but take football out of it and imagine a politician or government acting the same way. Would you think the media group should just bend over and do as its told as well?

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Seriously? Must be f@cking obsessed! :mad:

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Tbh RB I think McLaughlin bravely and correctly reported on some vile sectarian singing that could be clearly heard and your club decided to take away his pass. That's basically the story.

It will never stop if it's not called out. And we all agree on here that it needs to stop.

On 05/02/2017 at 9:04 PM, stocky said:

ta.

Just my opinion. Not sure you could prove this as essentially he ignored the game and took the usual Celtic fans view of "they fans are singing bad songs", which they were. He just chose to ignore his primary purpose and forgot to mention the football at all. 

On 05/02/2017 at 10:00 PM, wee-toon-red said:

How do you know I've got anti rangers blinkers btw? Because I say they're wrong here?

If McLaughlin isn't being treated the same as any other journo then you can call it a ban, revoking of pass or whatever, it all amounts to the same thing. Rangers won't allow him in to do his job on the same terms they allow all other media reps in and on that basis the BBC have got to back their man, otherwise it's open season on anyone who fails to toe the party line.

If you can't see that or refuse to admit that's the case then that's your prerogative, but take football out of it and imagine a politician or government acting the same way. Would you think the media group should just bend over and do as its told as well?

I believe the BBC pretty much did just that for the UK government during the Indyref. 

So you are saying that if a reporter just puts the boot into the club,  they've to just accept it and welcome the guy in with open arms? 

There's free speech but there's also a right of reply. 

On 05/02/2017 at 10:13 PM, ShedTA said:

Tbh RB I think McLaughlin bravely and correctly reported on some vile sectarian singing that could be clearly heard and your club decided to take away his pass. That's basically the story.

It will never stop if it's not called out. And we all agree on here that it needs to stop.

I have no problem with McLaughlin doing what he did. I don't agree with Rangers actions but they have to be allowed a right of reply. 

If they think he's a back stabber then they will feel justified in what they've done. 

McLaughlin would have also been better served if he had bothered to mention the game that day at all.

I think he also had previous for pissing of the club, so he really shouldn't have been surprised. 

But plenty of journos have been banned in the past, Hugh Keevins was banned from parkhead. Actually banned from entering the stadium. Nobody took the huff and chucked the toys out their pram then. Only when it's Rangers? 

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I have no problem with McLaughlin doing what he did. I don't agree with Rangers actions but they have to be allowed a right of reply. 

If they think he's a back stabber then they will feel justified in what they've done. 

McLaughlin would have also been better served if he had bothered to mention the game that day at all.

I think he also had previous for pissing of the club, so he really shouldn't have been surprised. 

But plenty of journos have been banned in the past, Hugh Keevins was banned from parkhead. Actually banned from entering the stadium. Nobody took the huff and chucked the toys out their pram then. Only when it's Rangers? 

:lol::lol:

aye its all because its rangers.