Midweek fitba - Page 13 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Midweek fitba

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, GRBear said:

McGhee getting huckled tonight. 

What a fvd ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/garrystitchell/status/831985818550026240

To be fair to McGhee, the guy's right in his face with a camera phone calling him an f@*ckin' clown. I'd want to ram the phone up his hoop too if I were in McGhee's shoes.

Edited by sbcmfc

Glad we never took the foot off the gas like when we were pumping killie at ht a while back. 

Great all round performance almost rounded off by a screamer from Taylor. ''Twas a brace man that got in front of that rocket. 

Off note,the stewards are getting worse by the game at pittodrie. 

Had a fiver on Bayern -1, Madrid -1 & Aberdeen -2

£75

Pleasing

On the other hand Academica v Sporting Covilha did me for a BTTS accy with the other 3 games

54 minutes ago, allan mc said:

These Aberdeen supporters must have forgot the part Mark McGhee played to set up the biggest goal in Aberdeen's history , something like that should get him a bit more respect when he's in pittodrie imo. 

And he should've respected the anger caused when he dismissed a 9-0 defeat "as only 3 points". 

His arrogance knows no boundaries,history or not with the club,it was unacceptable. 

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

And he should've respected the anger caused when he dismissed a 9-0 defeat "as only 3 points". 

His arrogance knows no boundaries,history or not with the club,it was unacceptable. 

The guy's an arsehole. Didn't he make an arse of himself talking about missing the Celtic job for the Dons one?

Anyway, well done Aberdeen. Great result. No matter who the team is. 7 goals for deserves a pat on the back.

7 hours ago, allan mc said:

These Aberdeen supporters must have forgot the part Mark McGhee played to set up the biggest goal in Aberdeen's history , something like that should get him a bit more respect when he's in pittodrie imo. 

To a certain extent, I agree with this. Aberdeen FC owe a lot to Mark McGhee, the player.

But...

6 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I've never known anyone to such an arrogant, completely unaware d1ckhead as McGhee, the manager.

He strolled in the door at Pittodrie, stated that he'd rather be at Celtic, then buggered off on holiday. He turned back up just in time to see us being humiliated at home in Europe with a cobbled together team where nobody knew each other and had a centre-forward playing right-back.

And from that point it only went downhill.

Scott Leitch. Lies about the fans spitting on him. Players that had no interest in playing (Mulgrew, McDonald, Kerr et al), shambolic performance after shambolic performance.....none of it apparently McGhee's fault....culminating in the worst defeat in our history, which was shrugged off by McGhee as if it wasn't important.

Once he was eventually heaved (about 18 months too late), he's done nothing but criticise the club and fans, as if he was somehow a victim in all this.

As a player, I'm grateful to what he did for the club. As a manager....and frankly as a public figure....he's a detestable kqunt.

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

To be fair to McGhee, the guy's right in his face with a camera phone calling him an f@*ckin' clown. I'd want to ram the phone up his hoop too if I were in McGhee's shoes.

Why was McGhee angry? He claimed in his post-match interview he wasn't and that he was "just having a laugh" with the 4th official. 

The guy's a fantasist. Lies about events, as if he is unaware that other people can actually see them too. 

7 hours ago, allan mc said:

Rossy's answer below is pretty much everything i was going to say. 

7 minutes ago, Rossy said:

To a certain extent, I agree with this. Aberdeen FC owe a lot to Mark McGhee, the player.

But...

I've never known anyone to such an arrogant, completely unaware d1ckhead as McGhee, the manager.

He strolled in the door at Pittodrie, stated that he'd rather be at Celtic, then buggered off on holiday. He turned back up just in time to see us being humiliated at home in Europe with a cobbled together team where nobody knew each other and had a centre-forward playing right-back.

And from that point it only went downhill.

Scott Leitch. Lies about the fans spitting on him. Players that had no interest in playing (Mulgrew, McDonald, Kerr et al), shambolic performance after shambolic performance.....none of it apparently McGhee's fault....culminating in the worst defeat in our history, which was shrugged off by McGhee as if it wasn't important.

Once he was eventually heaved (about 18 months too late), he's done nothing but criticise the club and fans, as if he was somehow a victim in all this.

As a player, I'm grateful to what he did for the club. As a manager....and frankly as a public figure....he's a detestable kqunt.

McInnes touting McLean and Jack for Scotland call ups at the end.  On this form he's right, Ryan Jack is on fire as is McLean. I always thought McLean got undue stick, his stats in terms of passing and tackling are better than Shinnie. 

I've no doubt there'll be many who will disagree with me on these two players but they are the two best Scottish players for the 2nd best side in the country right now. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

McInnes touting McLean and Jack for Scotland call ups at the end.  On this form he's right, Ryan Jack is on fire as is McLean. I always thought McLean got undue stick, his stats in terms of passing and tackling are better than Shinnie. 

I've no doubt there'll be many who will disagree with me on these two players but they are the two best Scottish players for the 2nd best side in the country right now. 

I disagree with you.  

Firstly, McLean has deserved every bit of stick he's had.  He's finally managed to string some (five to be accurate) decent performances together in 2 years, admittedly culminating in him having his best game for the Dons last night - no surprise Strachan was watching.  Let's not forget the utter heartless sh1te that McLean served up until this run.  Credit where it's due, he is now performing - let's see how long it lasts, especially when Strachan et al aren't there to motivate him.

Secondly, McLean isn't even in the top 5 Dons at Aberdeen let alone one of the best two.  Hayes and Shinnie are easily our two best players.  I'd then have Jack, Lewis, McGinn and Logan ahead of McLean.     

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Why was McGhee angry? He claimed in his post-match interview he wasn't and that he was "just having a laugh" with the 4th official. 

The guy's a fantasist. Lies about events, as if he is unaware that other people can actually see them too.

To be fair, he doesn't look that raging until the guy starts giving him abuse with a camera in his face.

I'm not sure what his initial argument was about, but he looked more incredulous than raging.

We won't sack him, his record against the top 6 might just keep us up.

The "class of '01" or whatever you want to call them plus their pal McManus are all tarnishing their reputation by staying on too long, also have to wonder if they've chucked it under another manager! Ironically the clown that was giving 35 year olds 2 year contracts.

9 hours ago, allan mc said:

It's actually bizarre to think back to what he did for the Dons.  That will never be forgotten.  However, you have to look at what he's done since to understand why he got what he deserved last night. 

6 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I disagree with you.  

Firstly, McLean has deserved every bit of stick he's had.  He's finally managed to string some (five to be accurate) decent performances together in 2 years, admittedly culminating in him having his best game for the Dons last night - no surprise Strachan was watching.  Let's not forget the utter heartless sh1te that McLean served up until this run.  Credit where it's due, he is now performing - let's see how long it lasts, especially when Strachan et al aren't there to motivate him.

Secondly, McLean isn't even in the top 5 Dons at Aberdeen let alone one of the best two.  Hayes and Shinnie are easily our two best players.  I'd then have Jack, Lewis, McGinn and Logan ahead of McLean.     

I'm not forgetting anything as I don't think he was that bad. 

Hayes & McGinn are Irish, Lewis and Logan are English. Try reading my post correct mate

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

To be fair, he doesn't look that raging until the guy starts giving him abuse with a camera in his face.

I'm not sure what his initial argument was about, but he looked more incredulous than raging.

He was on the pitch arguing with the ref and the 4th official. He'd been asked several times to leave the pitch and refused. The policeman moving in the video is actually going towards the pitch in preparation for assisting the officials in removing McGhee. 

Nah... Not angry at all.