Midweek fitba - Page 14 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Midweek fitba

Just now, vanderark14 said:

I'm not forgetting anything as I don't think he was that bad. 

Hayes & McGinn are Irish, Lewis and Logan are English. Try reading my post correct mate

Missed the Scottish bit.  Was too eager to rant.

McLean's been poor for almost two years.  I think he had a "decent" run of games at this time last year and he's done the same this year.  For me, the odd decent pass and statistics don't hide the fact that he's been largely non-existent for us.  

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He was on the pitch arguing with the ref and the 4th official. He'd been asked several times to leave the pitch and refused. The policeman moving in the video is actually going towards the pitch in preparation for assisting the officials in removing McGhee. 

Nah... Not angry at all. 

I've only seen the video.

What was it he was annoyed about?

We've been on the receiving end of some controversial decisions recently (in fact all season, that ghost goal at dens! :shocked: ) so I actually get him being frustrated.

Regardless of how much of a walloper McGhee is, the boy with the phone was trying to act the big man and got quite rightly called out.

11 hours ago, GRBear said:

McGhee getting huckled tonight. 

What a fvd ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/garrystitchell/status/831985818550026240

Guy is a complete d**k, have no time for him such an arrogant #####.  Cant wait till he leaves Motherwell and leaves his assistant job at Scotland as well

17 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

We've been on the receiving end of some controversial decisions recently (in fact all season, that ghost goal at dens! :shocked: ) so I actually get him being frustrated.

Regardless of how much of a walloper McGhee is, the boy with the phone was trying to act the big man and got quite rightly called out.

He was so annoyed with the 4th official. Apparently the behaviour of the 4th official upset him more than losing 7-2. Another classic McGhee line that sums up why he's disliked by almost every set of fans. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

He was so annoyed with the 4th official. Apparently the behaviour of the 4th official upset him more than losing 7-2. Another classic McGhee line that sums up why he's disliked by almost every set of fans. :lol: 

he's going to be consulting his lawyer about the treatment he received. I overheard this in the news two minutes ago

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I seem to recall it kicking off after Taylor got booked for a late challenge. My money is on he was asking how it wasn't a red card when his team has been on the receiving end of them lately. 

29 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I seem to recall it kicking off after Taylor got booked for a late challenge. My money is on he was asking how it wasn't a red card when his team has been on the receiving end of them lately. 

Saw that on the Motherwell forum, not seen the tackle, but apparently it was a yellow and no more.

1 hour ago, deecie said:

Looked pretty horrendous from my angle. 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Saw that on the Motherwell forum, not seen the tackle, but apparently it was a yellow and no more.

I thought it was late and mis timed. Yellow all day,but seen red given for less in this day and age. 

5 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Most likely this.

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Bowman nicely touched the ball past Taylor with his right foot but Taylor was already committed to the tackle and caught Bowman's left toe.

(Probably a yellow.)

8 minutes ago, Brassrubber said:

Looks like Mcinnes upping his game to attract the Rangers board 

Where as Hearts are drawing at home to lower-league teams and attracting no khunt. :lol: 

6 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I suspect he had his phone out to protect himself from being accused of spitting on McGhee. By McGhee. ;) 

He called him an effin clown, which he is. I've sat behind the dugouts listening to MM call our own players far worse.

The way things have turned out for him at AB24 is everything to do with MM, nobody else.

It was soft, similar to the one arsenal got, defending player didn't know much about it, but probably did impede the attacker.

Don't want to see guy's sent off for tackles like the Taylor one, but can see where the frustration lies. Motherwell were told the referees had been given a directive (at their winter training camp) to send players off for challenges like that regardless of whether they got the ball. He didn't even get the ball.

the tackle at 2 minutes was a booking before the winter break :shocked: 

Edited by sbcmfc

3 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

I didn't see any intent.

Frear didn't know anything about it.

(Maybe that doesn't matter as far as the rules though.)

I don't think it matters, but I might be wrong?

The reviews I've read on Frear and the cameo I saw at fir park suggest he hasn't known anything that's going on.

:lol: