Midweek fitba - Page 15 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Midweek fitba

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christie came off the bench (at 3-0) in his Don's debut v Dundee. Christie played 8 minutes and didn't touch the ball.

Christie couldn't play v Celtic.

Christie came off the bench v Patrick Thistle and played 26 minutes (scoring his first goal for AFC in a 2-0 victory).

Christie never left the bench v Ross County. Zero minutes played.

Christie played 80 minutes in his first start and scored his second goal in a 7-2 win.

So... 8+0+26+0+80=114

I doubt very much that Aberdeen have won 8 of their last 9 games because Ryan Christie has made 3 appearances totalling 114 minutes.

Someone on that forum also said that Celtic loaned Stokes and Henderson to Hibs to stop Rangers getting into Europe.

Either he thinks that winning the championship gets you a European place, Celtic knew that Hibs would play Rangers in the Scottish cup final before they even entered the competition, or he's a bit thick.

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

Someone on that forum also said that Celtic loaned Stokes and Henderson to Hibs to stop Rangers getting into Europe.

Either he thinks that winning the championship gets you a European place, Celtic knew that Hibs would play Rangers in the Scottish cup final before they even entered the competition, or he's a bit thick.

I'll go option C.

:lol:

I'll add an option d, that Celtic have a large squad, and need to loan players out to get them on a pitch.

9 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Christie came off the bench (at 3-0) in his Don's debut v Dundee. Christie played 8 minutes and didn't touch the ball.

Christie couldn't play v Celtic.

Christie came off the bench v Patrick Thistle and played 26 minutes (scoring his first goal for AFC in a 2-0 victory).

Christie never left the bench v Ross County. Zero minutes played.

Christie played 80 minutes in his first start and scored his second goal in a 7-2 win.

So... 8+0+26+0+80=114

I doubt very much that Aberdeen have won 8 of their last 9 games because Ryan Christie has made 3 appearances totalling 114 minutes.

Did you add the 4 on at the end there by accident? :wink2:

26 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

14 goals in the two Champions League games tonight!

One of them from a dodgy willie collum penalty.

Not sure what the actual rule is? The foul started well outside the box, and stopped on the edge of the area. Stonewaller if that counts as inside?

Guest faircity

I think the biggest cheer of the night was by an Asian gent at the Man City match who was jumping around, waving his hands to the sky, in sheer delight at one of the substitutions. Not quite sure what was making him moisten his daks so much but that one moment symbolises the champions league and just how wrong it is.

Great game but I think if I was a City fan id be longing for the bad old days. 

13 minutes ago, faircity said:

I think the biggest cheer of the night was by an Asian gent at the Man City match who was jumping around, waving his hands to the sky, in sheer delight at one of the substitutions. Not quite sure what was making him moisten his daks so much but that one moment symbolises the champions league and just how wrong it is.

Great game but I think if I was a City fan id be longing for the bad old days. 

Racist.

10 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

One of them from a dodgy willie collum penalty.

Not sure what the actual rule is? The foul started well outside the box, and stopped on the edge of the area. Stonewaller if that counts as inside?

If the foul continues in to the box then it is a penalty. 

Really enjoyed watching Monaco last night. They need to work on their defensive discipline (i think the 2 defensive midfielders were poor last night) but going forward they are great fun. Mendy was outstanding at left-back, while Bernardo Silva has wonderful technical ability, Mbappe at only 18 years old has everything required to be a world-class forward. 

I just hope Monaco can keep that team together for a couple of years. 

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

If the foul continues in to the box then it is a penalty. 

Really enjoyed watching Monaco last night. They need to work on their defensive discipline (i think the 2 defensive midfielders were poor last night) but going forward they are great fun. Mendy was outstanding at left-back, while Bernardo Silva has wonderful technical ability, Mbappe at only 18 years old has everything required to be a world-class forward. 

I just hope Monaco can keep that team together for a couple of years. 

I thought Bernardo Silva looked a class above last night.  Leroy Sane was really good for us as well (as was Sterling).  I'm going over for the 2nd leg, and hoping for a 0-0 :lol:

8 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

I thought Bernardo Silva looked a class above last night.  Leroy Sane was really good for us as well (as was Sterling).  I'm going over for the 2nd leg, and hoping for a 0-0 :lol:

The passage of play where he turned away from a City player, held off another, nutmegged Fernandinho (?) and then slipped a pass through to Falcao was unreal. 

Yeah, agreed on Sane. He seemed to have the beating of the full back all night (who Silva didn't give enough cover to IMO). 

I think you're on to plums with the 0-0 hope :lol: I think that 5th goal will be crucial though. I'll go for 2-1 Monaco. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

The passage of play where he turned away from a City player, held off another, nutmegged Fernandinho (?) and then slipped a pass through to Falcao was unreal. 

Yeah, agreed on Sane. He seemed to have the beating of the full back all night (who Silva didn't give enough cover to IMO). 

I think you're on to plums with the 0-0 hope :lol: I think that 5th goal will be crucial though. I'll go for 2-1 Monaco. 

I think he did Sane, Yaya & Fernandinho within about 5 seconds :lol:

I'd take 2-1 but it would be a bit more nervy than a boring 0-0 :lol:

1 hour ago, wellyman said:

Cracking entertainment, one question why so many empty seats for the first 15 minutes ?

City's stewarding has been pathetic this season, especially at European games & fans turning up too late.

Against Swansea, I was outside the game at 13:10 for a 13:30 kick off & it took till 13:35 to get to my seat.

10 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Not seen it, but was it a holding offence?

That's only applicable for them.

Yes.

6:35 in.

Think the 5th official (Steve Beaton?) is probably involved, looks like he mouths "oh feck" when it's happening.