Midweek fitba - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Midweek fitba

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Big Col said:

First win in 16 for Ayr Utd - against a team who haven't won in 17 and forced to play their 4th choice keeper :blink:

The 4th choice keeper they STARTED with being midfielder Ryan Stevenson, who is an Ayr Utd fan and has played for them on 4 separate times in his career.

Mmm I can imagine St Mirren management are delighted about this fiasco 

13 minutes ago, macy37 said:

We can't be far off winning the title? 3 more wins is it?

3 or 4. Can't remember off hand.

Probably only 2 if Aberdeen continue to waste as much possession and as many balls into the box as they did last night.

26 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Probably only 2 if Aberdeen continue to waste as much possession and as many balls into the box as they did last night.

If Celtic win tonight then its 2 games, if Aberdeen lose on the 11th march then it would be the game at home to the blue noses on the 12th march.

I still cannot believe Aberdeen did not score last night, I have never seen a team hang on for near on 90 minutes !!!

11 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Aberdeen last night were even more wasteful than Rangers last night. 

From what I heard they were murdering Accies without really causing the keeper any real work. 

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I thought McLean had a good game along with shinnie and Considine.

Same here. Not often I'll give McLean credit (my pals will testify to that),but I thought he was the best player on he park. Shinnie was a lot livelier in the 2nd half and Considine really is mr dependable nowadays. 

Reynolds being injured is probably a stay of execution for Taylor as O' Connor really hasn't done much wrong when he's played,just a victim of the team not changing much anymore. 

A good game for McLean in which he never created a chance for a team mate, nor looked like scoring himself. 

A very McLean type performance. He wasn't the worst player last night but his obvious ability, yet complete absence of end product, makes him infuriating to watch. 

13 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

The 4th choice keeper they STARTED with being midfielder Ryan Stevenson, who is an Ayr Utd fan and has played for them on 4 separate times in his career.

Mmm I can imagine St Mirren management are delighted about this fiasco 

Oops never noticed a thread was started on this topic 

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

A good game for McLean in which he never created a chance for a team mate, nor looked like scoring himself. 

A very McLean type performance. He wasn't the worst player last night but his obvious ability, yet complete absence of end product, makes him infuriating to watch. 

That;s how i'd sum him up. End product is almost non existent. 

5 hours ago, wellyman said:

If Celtic win tonight then its 2 games, if Aberdeen lose on the 11th march then it would be the game at home to the blue noses on the 12th march.

That's not quite accurate. The gap would be 30 with 30 left to play for in that scenario

2 hours ago, Reevesy said:

That's not quite accurate. The gap would be 30 with 30 left to play for in that scenario

celtic would have to lose 10 games with a scoreline of 1v0  and Aberdeen would have to win 10 games by 2 goals or more !!!  

13 minutes ago, wellyman said:

celtic would have to lose 10 games with a scoreline of 1v0  and Aberdeen would have to win 10 games by 2 goals or more !!!  

So we agree that it would still be possible, although highly unlikely :)