Celtic v Aberdeen - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

7 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

The boy shouldn't have put the ball out because his team mate got right back up.

Even if he did,that was his choice. Celtic were in the attack and they broke it down themselves. 

I lost the plot many a time playing football when my team mates behaved like that. 

Defeat as expected tonight. Glad we kept it competitive to the end though, despite not offering much in the final third. 

I felt we were too slow and measure in our play going forward. Getting the ball forward quicker would've given us more of a chance. 

At least that's our hardest remaining game over with. While Rangers still have to play Celtic twice. 

Good result and I certainly felt as though it was a decent game. We defended well against Aberdeens usual route one tactics and Brown done well against Shinnie, who as per kicked his way round Celtic park for 90 minutes.

Atmosphere in the second half was tremendous, and with the teddy bears taking a pounding, the league could be sewn up by March.

Good win considering we didn't have a recognised striker again. Roberts through the middle just doesn't work, which was shown with the two chances he wasted when through on goal in the first half.

Would have given Bitton motm but Boyata was always going to get it from the sponsors.

Edited by Reevesy

9 hours ago, Parklife said:

Defeat as expected tonight. Glad we kept it competitive to the end though, despite not offering much in the final third. 

I felt we were too slow and measure in our play going forward. Getting the ball forward quicker would've given us more of a chance. 

At least that's our hardest remaining game over with. While Rangers still have to play Celtic twice. 

The biggest difference is in midfield. Against Dundee and Killie et al, when we have 60% possession, we have the players to cause damage. Against Celtic when it's the other way around or worse, we simply don't get enough of the ball because we don't have a ball-winning midfielder.

We're always going to be on the back foot in that situation.

I thought Shinnie and Logan both put in an excellent shift. Jack and McLean were useless as usual, and McGinn put on the same cloak of anonymity that he always wears against Celtic.

The first 30 minutes was like a training game for both sides....only 2 fouls in half an hour is a ridiculous statistic but it shows how far both sides stood off each other.

And 3 shots on target all game (Celtic scored with their only attempt on target) doesn't really reflect Celtic's dominance up until the edge of the box.

10 hours ago, Parklife said:

You still have to play Celtic after the split