Thistle Marksmen - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Thistle Marksmen

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

No, hearsay doesn't count.

Where is the FACTUAL evidence that there have been attacks on other buses as alluded to to in the article?

You're on Old-firmesque deflective mode here, aren't you? :lol:

Just now, Ormond said:

You're on Old-firmesque deflective mode here, aren't you? :lol:

No - just asking a guy in Chicago to provide proof for an assertion that he's quoting from The Scottish Sun.

So far there's been no evidence for the assertion made in the article.

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

No - just asking a guy in Chicago to provide proof for an assertion that he's quoting from The Scottish Sun.

So far there's been no evidence for the assertion made in the article.

Aye, ok. :lol:

2 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

FACTUAL evidence ? The polis warn the poor bus driver and you want more FACTS ? Ok, didnae happen.

Look, the article was in the Scottish Sun with an uncorroborated quote from the polis.

There have been no reports, that I'm aware of, alluding to other similar attacks around Firhill in recent times. If there had beeen they would have been jumped on by the Scottish Sun and other rags loooooooooong before now.

It isn't hard to work out what the Scottish Sun is doing here.

I clicked on your link Ormond & read the article. There certainly seems to be some ambiguity about what actually happened within this outstanding piece of Scottish journalism.

Article starts with SHOT and bullet from what is purportedly a 38 year old (!) bus driver (my arse mair like 68!) ... talks about getting nearly hit at neck height but photos of the hole from what I presume to be street level imply that this would not be anywhere his neck in a bus driver elevated position ... morphs into cops not knowing what type of weapon used ... this is perhaps due to the bus being taken back to the depot instead of to a cop shop to allow some forensic analysis to take place ... driver reckons it's not a stone but an air rifle or worse (is it a pellet or bullet?) but settles on a gun and firearms ... uncorroborated story about cops warning of similar events ... absolutely no link to Partick Thistle FC or it's fans nor location of where the bus was hit by this mysterious UFO - Lambhill/Maryhill/St George's Cross/Charing Cross etc

In essence Ormond, it's a pile of utterly reprehensible journalistic pish used to fill up a rag.

I should state for the record that I'm also supporter of the Jags.