Tara Palmer-Tomkinson - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tara Palmer-Tomkinson

8 minutes ago, hunchy said:

Without meaning to sound nasty but I'm not surprised with all the partying she did. Almost every time you seen her on TV she was off her face

First thing I thought too to be honest. Was expecting 'drug fuelled binge' reports. 

Brain tumour though. (Although don't know if that's actually what killed her). 

Edited by McTeeko

41 minutes ago, Mox said:

I met her at a charity do once. She was down to earth and actually very funny.

I found her very funny too. Didnt meet her, just thought she was very funny in a posh girl kinda way whenever I seen her on TV. She was in the Celebrity Jungle thing years ago,  I thought that overall she came over as pretty likeable. 

I had quite a bit of time for her as well, always seemed to be the sort that would be a right laugh if you met her.  Clearly had her problems with addiction a few years back.  I remember she was interviewed on TV once when she was completely off her tits, really TV producers need to take a look at themselves for things like that.

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I found her very funny too. Didnt meet her, just thought she was very funny in a posh girl kinda way whenever I seen her on TV. She was in the Celebrity Jungle thing years ago,  I thought that overall she came over as pretty likeable. 

Same.  I liked her.

2 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

Same.  I liked her.

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

He never really met her, it's a meme to say that about anyone who died. Think Limmy started it, to see if he ever got in the papers when a celebrity died.

2 hours ago, Mox said:

I met her at a charity do once. She was down to earth and actually very funny.

1 hour ago, phart said:

He never really met her, it's a meme to say that about anyone who died. Think Limmy started it, to see if he ever got in the papers when a celebrity died.

? you would think I had been on here long enough to realise that. Must try harder.

I very much doubt her death was caused by a brain tumour

Firstly it was reported that her tumour was diagnosed as non cancerous

Secondly, if it was malignant, you dont die all of a sudden from it and certainly not alone unless you have no family or friends

Death occurs after a period of time during which the brain gradually shuts down

I have to confess i never really "got" the media hoo ha and the "it girl" name - what does that even actually mean ?

She was connected to Royalty, had loads of inherited money, partied a lot and was usually right out her tights on booze and drugs

If you take away the first two ....................

RIP tho - no doubt she had her demons

Edited by Ally Bongo

45 years old, decades on booze and coke, washed up and life going nowhere but the trash heap.

All she has is the inner secrets of the Royal family and being Wills' first ride.

All that's left to do is sell her story and expose the Lizards - lots of money, worldwide exposure and fame.

BOOM! - the tiny implant in her brain is detonated.

6 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

45 years old, decades on booze and coke, washed up and life going nowhere but the trash heap.

All she has is the inner secrets of the Royal family and being Wills' first ride.

All that's left to do is sell her story and expose the Lizards - lots of money, worldwide exposure and fame.

BOOM! - the tiny implant in her brain is detonated.

:lol:

Probably the least obnoxious of the celeb cabal. Until the other day I hadn't seen or heard of her since aboot the 80's I think. On the one hand she wasted what could have been a fantastically productive life give the start she had . On the other hand I bet she had a Helluva time whilst she was on this planet .

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

8 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Perforated ulcer was cause of death & not brain tumour

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-38983931

My wife had a perforated ulcer and was a few hours from dying - we took her to hospital and she was on the operating table within a couple of hours. Would have been quite easy for her to slip into unconciousness if nobody had been in the house, the pain was so intense. She'd had it for years but nobody was able to figure out what was wrong until that night. When they opened her up they couldn't believe the state her insides were in.

5 minutes ago, Stapes said:

My wife had a perforated ulcer and was a few hours from dying - we took her to hospital and she was on the operating table within a couple of hours. Would have been quite easy for her to slip into unconciousness if nobody had been in the house, the pain was so intense. She'd had it for years but nobody was able to figure out what was wrong until that night. When they opened her up they couldn't believe the state her insides were in.

Aye it's a very dangerous condition

I can remember when i was a teenager 30 years ago that my pal's Dad was rushed to hospital with the same thing and was very close to dying.

Strangely it's something that you hear less about nowadays imo and dont think it's as common as it was then

The sad bit is that she would probably have been saved if she wasnt alone

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

The sad bit is that she would probably have been saved if she wasnt alone

I think that's true. I'm guessing she suffered quite significantly, thinking she just had a really bad stomach. A lesson to us all (especially men) that sometimes taking the pain isn't the thing to do.

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

I can remember when i was a teenager 30 years ago that my pal's Dad was rushed to hospital with the same thing and was very close to dying.

Strangely it's something that you hear less about nowadays imo and dont think it's as common as it was then

Strangely, about 30 years ago they worked out that stomach ulcers could be treated by antibiotics. Less serious condition, if you go to a doctor.