Scottish cup weekend - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup weekend

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible game at Tynecastle today. Tattie field of a pitch certainly didn't help but precious little football on display from either side. Any credit that is going is to Hibs, we were outfought across the field. The 'we can't play that badly again' mantra was being rolled out by many of us trudging up towards Haymarket in the freezing cold. It's not true of course. We can, and very possibly will. 

41 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Celtic v St Mirren

Aberdeen v Partick Thistle

Hibernian or Hearts v Clyde or Ayr Utd

Rangers v Hamilton or Dunfermline

Embarrassing to call that a draw.

Clearly going for 2 sold out semis at Hampden.

38 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

that's our 11th home tie draw in a row?

Eleven.

Pitch was a shocker at the PBS. My Jambi chums bleating about Hibs tackling whilst choosing to ignore that's Djum and Goncalves would have been off as well with their persistent and shocking tackling.

Hearts really are the Wimbledon of Scotland. Any pretence that this was a footballing side went today. Just big 6ft cluggers allowed to play for Hearts these days.

Holt is a big fat puddin that needs to GTF.  A full house Easter Road cheering us on should do the trick.

2 minutes ago, giblet said:

My Jambi chums bleating about Hibs tackling whilst choosing to ignore that's Djum and Goncalves would have been off as well with their persistent and shocking tackling.

Hearts really are the Wimbledon of Scotland. Any pretence that this was a footballing side went today. Just big 6ft cluggers allowed to play for Hearts these days.

Hibs fought well today and their fans in the ground made a lot of noise, especially second half. Perfectly happy to acknowledge that. Every word quoted above is complete shite.

2 hours ago, Brassrubber said:

Hearts wont pkay as bad again in the replay and hopefully a stronger referee for the hobbit hammerthrowing  hopefully strachan was watching why mcginn should be nowhere near the scotland team 

Rudy2

There will be a therapist close by that will meet your needs.

You're clearly 'rubbing' far more than brass.

13 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

According to STV website, Celtic are playing St Johnstone in the Quarter Final, I better double check before I book my flights :huh:

Just arrived in St Helier today Jim.

Watched the rugby in the Forum bar - Where were you? ;) 

Just now, Ormond said:

No shit. :lol:

Half of a big crowd at the Hunnery stll dwarves the money of the majority of grounds in Scotland.

True. It's also "after expenses are deducted", so doesn't really mean all that even a split. 

I was just yanking your chain anyway but you didn't bite. I'll need to get better bait. ?

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

True. It's also "after expenses are deducted", so doesn't really mean all that even a split. 

I was just yanking your chain anyway but you didn't bite. I'll need to get better bait. ?

YANKing? You cheeky scamp! :P

3 hours ago, neil r said:

Hearts were brutal today.

The pitch was brutal today.

The cold was brutal today.

Hibs are a first division side.

A day and a game best forgotten.

One could be cynical (especially if you took Hearts on your coupon) and say a replay gate receipts were at the forefront of both sides today with a bigger bonus being given for a draw than a win ....