Scottish cup weekend - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup weekend

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

One could be cynical (especially if you took Hearts on your coupon) and say a replay gate receipts were at the forefront of both sides today with a bigger bonus being given for a draw than a win ....

Why do you think the Huns have been handed a gazillion home ties in a row?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/12/2017 at 7:28 AM, dandydunn said:

Yup. 

We huffed and puffed,but failed to blow the house down. 

Chamges were needed like last weekend,but mcinnes kept it going for far too long. 

Rooney has been anonymous in 2017. 

I know everyone see's the game different but everyone I know who went to the match said we dominated the match and should have scored a lot more. The highlights show Fox kept County in the match.

38 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I know everyone see's the game different but everyone I know who went to the match said we dominated the match and should have scored a lot more. The highlights show Fox kept County in the match.

We did dominate. But we didn't do much with it. Yes,he made a few saves,but that's what a goalie is for. We're not good enough to waste 5/6 chances in a game and hope we come out alright. 

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

What's the words to that song the Hibs fans were singing for ages in the second half?

The video is the extended version, however the stadium chant is (To the tune of Runaround Sue):

"Hibs! Hibs! Woa-oh-oh-oh-oh ... repeat

Hibees 3 Rangers 2
Jambos know that it's true
Ram your 1902!"

4 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

The video is the extended version, however the stadium chant is (To the tune of Runaround Sue):

"Hibs! Hibs! Woa-oh-oh-oh-oh ... repeat

Hibees 3 Rangers 2
Jambos know that it's true
Ram your 1902!"

That's the one. Very catchy and sounded great.

Even your friends on kickback are (grudgingly) admitting the Hibs support was better yesterday.

Was the singing section from Easter Road all grouped together in the Roseburn? Seen the drum on television just behind the goal in what looked the more active section.

Not "raging" in the slightest.

Just bored with it now. Hibs won the cup. Well done but fkin hell, monotonous doesnt even come close.

St Johnstone won it for the first time ever a couple of years ago and didnt seem to bang on about it a tenth of what Hibs do.

As for the "Hearts songbook being 95% out the window" judging by yesterday 100% of the Hibs songs- all 2 of them- were about winning the cup.

Fair do's though it was noiser than our mob throughout.

8 minutes ago, neil r said:

It's a great achievement right enough. One Scottish Cup won in 114 years.

Anger and lashing out is a natural consequence of grieving.

It'll take time to get better, but that deep down feeling of hurt will never leave. In the meanwhile, to occupy your mind, you need to start working on some new songs and put-downs as most were made irrelevant after 21 May 2016.

2 hours ago, neil r said:

Just bored with it now. Hibs won the cup. Well done but fkin hell, monotonous doesnt even come close.

St Johnstone won it for the first time ever a couple of years ago and didnt seem to bang on about it a tenth of what Hibs do.

As for the "Hearts songbook being 95% out the window" judging by yesterday 100% of the Hibs songs- all 2 of them- were about winning the cup.

You're bored with that?? How'd you think everyone else felt about the 5-1 pics, 'never let them forget' nonsense, the continued pulling of Jambo chains for Rudi Skacel and 'since 1902' pish?!? And I'm saying that as a complete neutral.

However long Hibs fans want to get it up Jambos, it'll never be long enough. Quite right too. 

no singing section on Sunday at the PBS.

we have benefited though with section 43 in the East stand being designated a singing section. wasnt too sure of it at first but I think its given us a much better atmosphere these days.  miss this old ooh to be a hibee chants though!

22 hours ago, neil r said:

ach, its fun while it lasts, after all the pish we put up with, lets us milk it.  here we go, two in a row.

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I take it the Hibs - Hearts replay won't be live on TV ?

They'll be playing on a Champions League night.

Is the cup not on Sky and champs league on BT?  might still be on.

10 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Is the cup not on Sky and champs league on BT?  might still be on.

I dont think you are allowed to show games on a champions league night, unless they are re-scheduled, I don't think a replay falls into that category.

I think an English game, possibly a cup replay involving arsenal and/or hull was played on a champions league night live on tv, but they kicked off early to bend the rules...