Scottish cup weekend - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup weekend

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

I dont think you are allowed to show games on a champions league night, unless they are re-scheduled, I don't think a replay falls into that category.

I think an English game, possibly a cup replay involving arsenal and/or hull was played on a champions league night live on tv, but they kicked off early to bend the rules...

:ok:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Pretty sure England has given UEFA a middle finger on this on more than one occasion.

Similarly the Aberdeen website isnt allowed to stream the Aberdeen v Motherwell game which is a farce as well. 

Thats beyond a joke. 

Does anyone in Scotland care about these stages of the Champions League nowadays?

5 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Similarly the Aberdeen website isnt allowed to stream the Aberdeen v Motherwell game which is a farce as well. 

Suppose we can't really complain about not getting a dodgy stream.

Appears to be on Radio Scotland (show is on 6-10 and we are only game). Which I'd imagine will be marginally more impartial than red TV.

:lol:

Replay sold out by lunchtime. Hearts end for first game,  hibs fans were superb. And both sets sang about lifting the Scottish cup... long song sounded like 1 2 3 4 oooh oh oh...impressive none the less. 

Love the Icelandic drum chant thing, very impressive watchin fae the gorgie stand..

Anyway roll on next tuesday, main stand upper this time....

2 minutes ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

I actually cancelled my RedTV subscription because the pair of them are so bad.

The worst I have heard is Celtic TV. I expect bias commentary from a clubs own channel but the idiots on Celtic TV were making up nonsense. One of them said Derek Mcinnes is the permanently angry and one the angriest managers in the league. 

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Suppose we can't really complain about not getting a dodgy stream.

Appears to be on Radio Scotland (show is on 6-10 and we are only game). Which I'd imagine will be marginally more impartial than red TV.

:lol:

:lol: aye we can still complain.

Same with the motherwell commentary they do

It is bullsh** though now they've spread the last 16 over 4 midweeks they've effectively blocked out any other football on tv late February or March. Especially when its prime domestic cup replay time. 

7 minutes ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

I actually cancelled my RedTV subscription because the pair of them are so bad.

I haven't actually heard Red TV before, was more a joke about Willie Miller, Richard Gordon etc.

Celtic TV is mental though, Except when McManus is on. :lol: Not to be too misogynistic, but there's something very late night TV about the presenter too..

Edited by sbcmfc

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I haven't actually heard Red TV before, was more a joke about Willie Miller, Richard Gordon etc.

Celtic TV is mental though, Except when McManus is on. :lol: Not to be too misogynistic, but there's something very late night TV about the presenter too..

is she the one who ends every show with "hail hail":lol:

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

I take it the Hibs - Hearts replay won't be live on TV ?

They'll be playing on a Champions League night.

Correct - not on tele because of the "Champions League".  This short of sh1t makes me watch the CL over hyped, over paid, football killing, boresfest even less than i used to.

On 2/11/2017 at 2:55 PM, Barney Rubble said:

Not one of you called the Jags victory today..............

I thought that the Jags did very well against Aberdeen and I appreciated them playing 'football'.

The main reason that I had the Saintees edging them out was because of your recent struggles to score (and that you were away)... so well done!

Dons fans had Barton down as your MOTM at Pittodrie, so not surprised he played the role he did in your victory.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The worst I have heard is Celtic TV. I expect bias commentary from a clubs own channel but the idiots on Celtic TV were making up nonsense. One of them said Derek Mcinnes is the permanently angry and one the angriest managers in the league. 

Red tv is bad,I didn't think Celtic tv commentary was too bad last week until late on when jack was called a cheat and a disgrace,but rangers tv was by far the worst I've heard. 

Almost everything said was a lie about the songs being sung :lol:

Anyone know when TV will dictate the dates and kick off times for the quarter finals, all the matches are listed as  3PM Saturday 4th, as my team are due to play Celtic I guess that is highly unlikely, would be nice to know for supporters who need to book flight etc. 

Thistle have a new streaming service this season and it's of the highest quality. Beats all other Scottish efforts on all counts. 

HD quality, never buffers. 

The commentary team are really good and are knowledgeable about the opposition, giving praise where it's due. 

Of course, it's Thistle-centric but there isn't any nonsense chat like Red TV or Celtic TV. 

If Thistle are playing your team at home, fling us a fiver and watch the game.

Well worth it. 

27 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Thistle have a new streaming service this season and it's of the highest quality. Beats all other Scottish efforts on all counts. 

HD quality, never buffers. 

The commentary team are really good and are knowledgeable about the opposition, giving praise where it's due. 

Of course, it's Thistle-centric but there isn't any nonsense chat like Red TV or Celtic TV. 

If Thistle are playing your team at home, fling us a fiver and watch the game.

Well worth it. 

Does the basic package only cover opposition goals, and do you have to pay extra for a Thistle goal ?

4 hours ago, JasMc1973 said:

Replay sold out by lunchtime. Hearts end for first game,  hibs fans were superb. And both sets sang about lifting the Scottish cup... long song sounded like 1 2 3 4 oooh oh oh...impressive none the less. 

Love the Icelandic drum chant thing, very impressive watchin fae the gorgie stand..

Anyway roll on next tuesday, main stand upper this time....

Atmosphere be rubbish next Tuesday.  Games on Wednesday. Hibs Hibs ohhhh, ohhhh Hibs Hibs. 

50 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Does the basic package only cover opposition goals, and do you have to pay extra for a Thistle goal ?

Try not to be jealous.

I guess it's difficult for you when Aberdeen film their games on a potato yet we join the likes of Man United, Barcelona and Liverpool with a best-in-class football streaming service. 

1 hour ago, Jersey Jim said:

Anyone know when TV will dictate the dates and kick off times for the quarter finals, all the matches are listed as  3PM Saturday 4th, as my team are due to play Celtic I guess that is highly unlikely, would be nice to know for supporters who need to book flight etc. 

Pretty sure the last few years 3 out of 4 games have been live on tv. 2 on sky and 1 on the bbc. Once replays are out of the way they games will be known.

34 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

Pretty sure the last few years 3 out of 4 games have been live on tv. 2 on sky and 1 on the bbc. Once replays are out of the way they games will be known.

I would imagine that the arse cheek games and Aberdeen - Plastic Whistle will be the TV games.

Guest BlueGaz
16 hours ago, Rossy said:

I would imagine that the arse cheek games 

How it should be, folk want to watch the big clubs, not those making up the numbers.  Aberdeen might scrape through though and get on the tele.