Scottish cup weekend - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup weekend

You'd think that the powers that be might have a contingency plan for a reply like the Embra derby.. I'll be at the game anyway but I think it is quite ridiculous that we can't even watch our own cup games on tv in our own country. 

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Scottish Cup quarter-finals

Saturday, 4 March

Rangers v Hamilton Academical (12:30)

Hearts or Hibernian v Ayr United (15:00)

Sunday, 5 March

Celtic v St Mirren (12:30)

Aberdeen v Partick Thistle (15:00)

So the only game not on TV is Hearts/Hibs v Ayr.

44 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Scottish Cup quarter-finals

Saturday, 4 March

Rangers v Hamilton Academical (12:30)

Hearts or Hibernian v Ayr United (15:00)

Sunday, 5 March

Celtic v St Mirren (12:30)

Aberdeen v Partick Thistle (15:00)

Half 12 on a Sunday? GTF.

On 2/14/2017 at 2:46 PM, Donaldo87 said:

Pretty sure England has given UEFA a middle finger on this on more than one occasion.

Similarly the Aberdeen website isnt allowed to stream the Aberdeen v Motherwell game which is a farce as well. 

It's showing here    http://www.vipleague.is/sports/football.html

Redtv are possibly showing the full match, delayed?

Might work, might not......

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Choosing the 2 matches between the 2 geographically closest teams for the early kick-offs (if there has to be such a thing) would make the most sense (but I doubt they did it that way for that reason).

Don't be daft, the fans aren't given a thought. 

Last round tv games included Celtic v ICT 12.15pm kick off and Rangers v Morton 3pm kick off...

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Choosing the 2 matches between the 2 geographically closest teams for the early kick-offs (if there has to be such a thing) would make the most sense (but I doubt they did it that way for that reason).

2 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

Don't be daft, the fans aren't given a thought. 

Last round tv games included Celtic v ICT 12.15pm kick off and Rangers v Morton 3pm kick off...

Yes, that's what I posted.

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 2:09 PM, Bzzzz said:

You'd think that the powers that be might have a contingency plan for a reply like the Embra derby.. I'll be at the game anyway but I think it is quite ridiculous that we can't even watch our own cup games on tv in our own country. 

Hearts have fecked up my loyalty points so i can't get a ticket and now cant even watch it on TV :(

ST holder, shareholder, go to Hamilton away on a baltic Monday night and up to Dingwall in December.

If anyone has a spare for the Hearts end i would gladly take it off your hands

I get the whole thing about the TV deals and money for the clubs.

Surely the whole point of tv companies paying for games is to maximise viewers?

The kick off times are an obvious issue for those going to matches but they can't be the best times for TV viewers either?

Why not use more Friday nights and Saturday/Sunday tea time or even later?

19 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

I get the whole thing about the TV deals and money for the clubs.

Surely the whole point of tv companies paying for games is to maximise viewers?

The kick off times are an obvious issue for those going to matches but they can't be the best times for TV viewers either?

Why not use more Friday nights and Saturday/Sunday tea time or even later?

The Scottish games on BT/Sky are shoehorned in to fill grave yard slots in the schedule.

On 2/18/2017 at 10:41 AM, hannibal smith said:

Hearts have fecked up my loyalty points so i can't get a ticket and now cant even watch it on TV :(

ST holder, shareholder, go to Hamilton away on a baltic Monday night and up to Dingwall in December.

Did you get loyalty points for Ross Co away? I didn't... 

Am in the same boat as you fella. Nae chance of getting a ticket, well, not in the right end anyway. 

On 2/18/2017 at 10:41 AM, hannibal smith said:

1 minute ago, Bzzzz said:

Am in the same boat as you fella. Nae chance of getting a ticket, well, not in the right end anyway. 

Obviously neither of you is a PHM ;)

3 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Obviously neither of you is a PHM ;)

I would be a PHM if the ticket office could add up, missed off my 30 points for shares which left me just short of the 120 points needed.

You get 20 points a season for being a ST holder, 10 points a season for being a shareholder, 1 points for a home game and 2-6 points for away games depending on the distance.

They don't sell tickets and allocate points for all away games though so despite having gone to McDiarmid twice, Dens, Dingwall and Hamilton this season i have yet to register a point for an away game.

The problem with the Hearts points system is that it only really comes into play for Cup Finals and games at Easter Road and as they manually add the points on they don't always get it right either

3 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

no i didn't