Scottish cup weekend - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup weekend

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

A lovely rendition of Sunshine on Leith. 

Cheers. A good song once the chorus gets going and a full stadium of Hibees are belting it out.

Takes a while to get into it though. Now a distant second to runaround Sue.

21 minutes ago, Parklife said:

And despite all that, you'd still rather your team was in Hearts' position :lol: 

Their position in the Premier League, or:

- In the position of having been humiliated out the Scottish Cup twice in a row by their lower league city rivals?

- In the position of their season being effectively over before March?

- In the position of having a reputation of cheating their way to success and now living with the realities of not having a crook as your chairman funded players via dodgy going-ons and financial irregularities?

- In the position of having screwed over businesses and charities in Scotland and Lithuania to gain temporary success?

- In the position of having a lower capacity stadium to their city rivals, even after redevelopment?

- In the position of having a man-child manager who has no idea what he's doing?

- In the position of having the architect of 4-6-0 as Director of Football?

- In the position where your fans are blatantly being shafted for money and control by your chairwomen?

- In the position of having a team full of journeyman foreign players who don't give a damn about the club, history or fans?

4 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Their position in the Premier League, or:

- In the position of having been humiliated out the Scottish Cup twice in a row by their lower league city rivals?

- In the position of their season being effectively over before March?

- In the position of having a reputation of cheating their way to success and now living with the realities of not having a crook as your chairman funded players via dodgy going-ons and financial irregularities?

- In the position of having screwed over businesses and charities in Scotland and Lithuania to gain temporary success?

- In the position of having a lower capacity stadium to their city rivals, even after redevelopment?

- In the position of having a man-child manager who has no idea what he's doing?

- In the position of having the architect of 4-6-0 as Director of Football?

- In the position where your fans are blatantly being shafted for money and control by your chairwomen?

- In the position of having a team full of journeyman foreign players who don't give a damn about the club, history or fans?

:lol: 

Say "No" to drugs. 

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

Cheers. A good song once the chorus gets going and a full stadium of Hibees are belting it out.

Takes a while to get into it though. Now a distant second to runaround Sue.

Can't agree. Love Sunshine on Leith, although much prefer the Proclaimers singing. 

1 hour ago, Brummie Hibs said:

I'll agree with you on these points, and it's the reason I can't see me ever joining the 'well society.

Football teams are run as a business, why should I pay extra to subsidise journeymen footballers earning very decent salaries on top of paying over the odds for tickets etc.

I can't get my head round it.

Perhaps if Motherwell were in as dire straits as Hearts were I'd change my mind? I can't see it though. The people who create these messes can more often than not afford to get out them again, but choose to cut their losses. Why should the ordinary punter bail them out.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I'll agree with you on these points, and it's the reason I can't see me ever joining the 'well society.

Football teams are run as a business, why should I pay extra to subsidise journeymen footballers earning very decent salaries on top of paying over the odds for tickets etc.

Perhaps if Motherwell were in as dire straits as Hearts were I'd change my mind? I can't see it though. The people who create these messes can more often than not afford to get out them again, but choose to cut their losses. Why should the ordinary punter bail them out.

Maybe on the second point I would agree with, the amount of 6 month contracts being handed out has  not helped.

Without the Foundation of Hearts my club would not be here, Ann Budge stumped up the £2.5million and the 8000 pledgers through the foundation will take over the ownership of the club within the agreed timescales. Due to the amount of pledgers which donate over £1.5million a year and the increases in attendances in the three years since she took charge we are in a positon to build a new stand as well so it has proved to be very successful.

Becoming quite a spectacle seeing easter road on nights like that with SOL being belted out with the scarves raised. Like seeing YNWA at the kop at Anfield on a big game night or something you'd see at a big European club. Hope they can retain the crowds for next season. Kudos to all involved at Hubs.

1 hour ago, hannibal smith said:

Maybe on the second point I would agree with, the amount of 6 month contracts being handed out has  not helped.

Without the Foundation of Hearts my club would not be here, Ann Budge stumped up the £2.5million and the 8000 pledgers through the foundation will take over the ownership of the club within the agreed timescales. Due to the amount of pledgers which donate over £1.5million a year and the increases in attendances in the three years since she took charge we are in a positon to build a new stand as well so it has proved to be very successful.

How much does each fan donate each month?

23 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I would happily contribute £20 or so each month if it meant that the club was run by fans that had been elected than the parasite that is Michael Johnston.

Sadly the scumbag isn't even interested in speaking to interested parties.

36 minutes ago, giblet said:

I know there is hobonomics etc but what is the interest rate Budge is charging?

nothing at the moment until the stand is paid off. She will then revert to (I think) 6% interest until the fans take over. And remember she does not take a wage for being the boss

On 23/02/2017 at 1:42 PM, sbcmfc said:

Couldn't agree more, I work with many jambo's who pay around £100 each month (fair play to them) but if it was hibs a wouldn't give them a penny. Let's not pretend we're nothing more than customers

7 hours ago, dipped flake said:

nothing at the moment until the stand is paid off. She will then revert to (I think) 6% interest until the fans take over. And remember she does not take a wage for being the boss

Yeah she has waived her interest so far putting it down as her personal contribution of £300k toward the new stand. 

On 2/24/2017 at 8:52 PM, hannibal smith said:

Yeah she has waived her interest so far putting it down as her personal contribution of £300k toward the new stand. 

She's some woman! I had a brief chat with her last Wednesday after the derby and you could see she was as angry and upset as we were. Not sure how long she will let things go but I don't think it will be long before she demands a change. We are shocking at the moment. Still, at least we are still here!