Mark Warburton - Resigned - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mark Warburton - Resigned

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Not one for backing Huns but you need to point me in the direction of where it states players alone? 

What else would get Rangers promotion, challenging for second, Europe and then challenging for the title if it wasn't players signing and wages? It wouldn't be fixing the roof at Ibrox? Points 2 and 3 talk about signing players to achieve these goals.

I take the fact that he mentions nothing other than the teams 3 season objectives and then the sum it will cost as the sign he plans to spend £30m on those objectives. I would have thought if he had only planned to spend £15m on players he would have said £15m on players and £15m on other costs. The fact he makes no mention of any other requirements bar those for the team suggests it's all going on that, to me. 

7 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

What else would get Rangers promotion, challenging for second, Europe and then challenging for the title if it wasn't players signing and wages? It wouldn't be fixing the roof at Ibrox? Points 2 and 3 talk about signing players to achieve these goals.

I take the fact that he mentions nothing other than the teams 3 season objectives and then the sum it will cost as the sign he plans to spend £30m on those objectives. I would have thought if he had only planned to spend £15m on players he would have said £15m on players and £15m on other costs. The fact he makes no mention of any other requirements bar those for the team suggests it's all going on that, to me. 

I guess its fluid - possible they did not know 2 years ago some of these costs would be due - stadium etc

The language that was used was "investment" - nothing about spending GBP 30M on players 

I can see his point of view when communicating this 

my only question on "investment" is that these are recorded as loans, which if they decide to throw toys out of pram could become repayable like Ashley's

I would imagine 2 years ago, they thought they could negotiate out of the sports top contract  

on the cost side fluid, and only thing fixed is cash inflow 

10 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

That's your summary. It would be foolish to think once taking over that money on infrastructure be that roofs, training facilities or scouting networks and key staff wouldn't be part of the budget.

Fire on though.

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Ehhh?? Absolutely nowhere does it say he will spend £30m on anything BUT improving the team. That's not an opinion, that's facts and being able to read a 4 point statement where he only talks about improving the team to meet the teams goals. Where do you think in those points he talks about anything other than the playing side?

Ive seen many blinkered OF fans on here over the years but you just about beat the lot if you are trying to spin those points as anything other than spending on the playing squad. 

To be totally clear I'm not trying to spin anything. I don't trust Dave King at all. 

However Because of that I can see through the double speak he uses. He's not quite a Trump but he isn't bothered by letting folk infer stuff,  as he can then come back with the "well I didn't actually say that"  line. 

He hasn't stated there the money is for players alone. You have assumed that's his meaning. 

23 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

So you're happy to trust Dave King without the statement being clear and unequivocal? 

Fair points above. You'd have thought that someone, a journalist for example, might approach the club for clarification. I'd be fascinated to get a breakdown of this £18m investment that has apparently already been made for example.

Edited by Pool Q

29 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

I guess its fluid - possible they did not know 2 years ago some of these costs would be due - stadium etc

28 minutes ago, macy37 said:

That's your summary. It would be foolish to think once taking over that money on infrastructure be that roofs, training facilities or scouting networks and key staff wouldn't be part of the budget.

Fire on though.

That statement was made yesterday, not 2 years ago. He makes no mention of other costs in the rest of the statement either. Again you would think if he had budgeted £30m to achieve the teams objectives and had also spent on other costs he would have said so?

20 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

To be totally clear I'm not trying to spin anything. I don't trust Dave King at all. 

However Because of that I can see through the double speak he uses. He's not quite a Trump but he isn't bothered by letting folk infer stuff,  as he can then come back with the "well I didn't actually say that"  line. 

He hasn't stated there the money is for players alone. You have assumed that's his meaning. 

15 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So you're happy to trust Dave King without the statement being clear and unequivocal? 

Fair points in King tbh. Although I actually thought that was one of his clearer statements! But I suppose the debate above confirms otherwise!!

2 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Fair points above. You'd have thought that someone, a journalist for example, might approach the club for clarification. I'd be fascinated to get a breakdown of this £18m investment that has apparently already   Been made for example.

That was one of my original questions - what has £18m been spent on because it surely can't just be new players fees and wages - which if the case sort of defeats my subsequent arguments!

Guest faircity

I heard Warburton resigned in protest at some crazy rumour that Rangers were to be drawn away from home in a cup tie just to make it look like it hasnt been a total stitch up for the past few years. 

43 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

That statement was made yesterday, not 2 years ago. He makes no mention of other costs in the rest of the statement either. Again you would think if he had budgeted £30m to achieve the teams objectives and had also spent on other costs he would have said so?

Fair points in King tbh. Although I actually thought that was one of his clearer statements! But I suppose the debate above confirms otherwise!!

That was one of my original questions - what has £18m been spent on because it surely can't just be new players fees and wages - which if the case sort of defeats my subsequent arguments!

I think King gave a list of stuff the 18m was spent on,  although not a breakdown, and it included players,  wages, Ibrox repairs, Auchenhowie repairs and covering the clubs monthly losses. 

I'm not looking to spin this to make Kenya no or Rangers look good. I just don't trust Dave King. 

38 minutes ago, faircity said:

I heard Warburton resigned in protest at some crazy rumour that Rangers were to be drawn away from home in a cup tie just to make it look like it hasnt been a total stitch up for the past few years. 

He'd never have believed such an obviously bullshit rumour as that one. ?

Eck should be brought in to the end of the season in my opinion. We don't have many other options. Though I should add that at the end of Eck's last stint a sizeable element of the Rangers support really took at passionate dislike of Eck which expressed itself if some pretty nasty comments etc.

Edited by EddardStark

Guest BlueGaz