Mark Warburton - Resigned - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mark Warburton - Resigned

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueGaz
21 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If Bomber Brown get's it i'd even start to feel sorry for Rangers fans....maybe.

What I have heard thus far (rumours) is that Mcinnes a def no, although interested, compensation too much and that was put to bed yesterday.  Mcleish with Rae till end of season.  Not heard any other names mentioned yet.

De Boer is an interesting one, who hasn't ruled himself out, pretty impressive spell at Ajax, although that may be like Ronnie Deila; on paper, having a pretty successful stint as Celtic manager?

His lack of knowledge of serie A was cited as the reason it didn't work out for him at inter, and can't see him having any better knowledge of Scottish football. I'd also imagine he'd want money to spend and a big salary which would probably be a stumbling block.

Bit of a coup to get a name like that (although you may just be paying for the name...)

19 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

What I have heard thus far (rumours) is that Mcinnes a def no, although interested, compensation too much and that was put to bed yesterday.  Mcleish with Rae till end of season.  Not heard any other names mentioned yet.

Mcliesh will take it, he practically begged for it during the draw. 

Mcinnes wouldn't take it, he's not that stupid.  

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

De Boer is an interesting one, who hasn't ruled himself out, pretty impressive spell at Ajax, although that may be like Ronnie Deila; on paper, having a pretty successful stint as Celtic manager?

His lack of knowledge of serie A was cited as the reason it didn't work out for him at inter, and can't see him having any better knowledge of Scottish football. I'd also imagine he'd want money to spend and a big salary which would probably be a stumbling block.

Bit of a coup to get a name like that (although you may just be paying for the name...)

Agree with you.  Sounds good until you start to look a bit deeper as you have.

24 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I heard it was McInnes who wasn't interested, this was guys repeating  from inside club in Aberdeen - bit of poisoned chalice just now in the short term - managers won't be given patience 

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

I heard it was McInnes who wasn't interested, this was guys repeating  from inside club in Aberdeen - bit of poisoned chalice just now in the short term - managers won't be given patience 

:ok: Whichever reason is correct, thankful its not him.

13 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Bit of a coup to get a name like that (although you may just be paying for the name...)

Ronald De Boer said his brother would need to know what the spending power is and the club would have to buy in to his style of play. It would be a coup but I can't see rangers attracting him.

Edited by vanderark14

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Ronald De Boer said his brother would need to know what the spending power is and the club would have to buy in to his style of play. It would be a coup but I can't see rangers attracting him.

Yeah, Rangers are a different club from the one they left (double meaning absolutely intended :P ) and are shopping in a very different market these days.

I think the lack of budget would cause problems for De Boer. Without wanting to go over old ground, Rangers have spent £18m of the £30m King thought they would need, in whatever areas of the club, but have very little to show for it on the actual pitch. Apart from Wallace you could easily argue that every player in the starting 11 needs replaced, that's not a small task to take on if you are shopping in the English lower leagues, or equivalent, market.

I'd be surprised if Rangers make a long-term appointment any time soon. I'd imaging that they'll be looking to appoint McLeish or Murty until the end of the season, with a view to making a long-term appointment at the season's end. 

Warburton has done a very poor job IMO. His signings in the past 12 months have been little short of abysmal. I'll not labour the point on here, as i've done it enough already but it didn't take a genius to see he waste throwing money away. The frustration from the Rangers board of spending on players from a relatively expensive market, who'd have little sell on value. 

52 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I think the lack of budget would cause problems for De Boer. Without wanting to go over old ground, Rangers have spent £18m of the £30m King thought they would need, in whatever areas of the club, but have very little to show for it on the actual pitch. Apart from Wallace you could easily argue that every player in the starting 11 needs replaced, that's not a small task to take on if you are shopping in the English lower leagues, or equivalent, market.

You seem to be forgetting the fact that Kenny Miller appears to have sold his soul to the Devil and will be playing till he's at least 54 (and still be our best player!!).

Guest BlueGaz
55 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

They have spent 18 of the 30, but it was also mentioned that the estimate of 30 has turned out to be not enough, and would probably be increased.  Having said that, I agree with you that we still wouldn't have the funds to satisfy De Boer becoming manager.

I disagree every player needs to be replaced besides Wallace though.  I don't think that initially we should focus on getting close to Celtic, but more specifically focus on forming a gap between us and Aberdeen/Hearts and anyone else that challenges at that level.  We are almost on par with Aberdeen at the moment, and pretty certain that with a few needed additions, and more importantly someone who can get the best out of what we have, we can be comfortably ahead of Aberdeen.  

Easy to say though!!

7 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

They have spent 18 of the 30, but it was also mentioned that the estimate of 30 has turned out to be not enough, and would probably be increased.  Having said that, I agree with you that we still wouldn't have the funds to satisfy De Boer becoming manager.

I disagree every player needs to be replaced besides Wallace though.  I don't think that initially we should focus on getting close to Celtic, but more specifically focus on forming a gap between us and Aberdeen/Hearts and anyone else that challenges at that level.  We are almost on par with Aberdeen at the moment, and pretty certain that with a few needed additions, and more importantly someone who can get the best out of what we have, we can be comfortably ahead of Aberdeen.  

Easy to say though!!

Any club in the SPFL could say the same though. Basically what you are saying is that if you hit every golf shot feckin' amazingly, you'd be on Tour. 

47 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Warburton has done a very poor job IMO. His signings in the past 12 months have been little short of abysmal. I'll not labour the point on here, as i've done it enough already but it didn't take a genius to see he waste throwing money away. The frustration from the Rangers board of spending on players from a relatively expensive market, who'd have little sell on value. 

The most high profile signings have pretty much all worked out as expected.

krancjar - injured

Barton - bust up and sacked

Senderos - bomb scare, sent off in debut then disappeared.

O'halloran - decent mid table player, not suited to Rangers style of play

Clint hill is one of the few "successes", but he's hardly part of a long term plan.

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Any club in the SPFL could say the same though. Basically what you are saying is that if you hit every golf shot feckin' amazingly, you'd be on Tour. 

If we had hit every golf shot perfectly we would be on par with Celtic, so I'm not saying that at all.  I would argue that most teams in the SPL need a lot more than a few additions to be on par with Aberdeen this year.  

For example, what I believe we have done this year that a lot of other clubs haven't, is dominate all but 5 or 6 games totally.  We are severely struggling up front and if we had a goalscorer, I genuinely believe that we would be 6 or 7 points clear in 2nd.  I think we only needed say 2 players to achieve that.  How many other clubs can say that?  In terms of widening that gap further, we need a few additions and someone to organise it all, someone who can adapt and change, we havent had that for how long?  Didn't need it last year, but feck we needed it this year.

4 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

If we had hit every golf shot perfectly we would be on par with Celtic, so I'm not saying that at all.  I would argue that most teams in the SPL need a lot more than a few additions to be on par with Aberdeen this year.  

For example, what I believe we have done this year that a lot of other clubs haven't, is dominate all but 5 or 6 games totally.  We are severely struggling up front and if we had a goalscorer, I genuinely believe that we would be 6 or 7 points clear in 2nd.  I think we only needed say 2 players to achieve that.  How many other clubs can say that?  In terms of widening that gap further, we need a few additions and someone to organise it all, someone who can adapt and change, we havent had that for how long?  Didn't need it last year, but feck we needed it this year.

If Kenny Miller breaks his leg in training tomorrow, then Rangers will be knackered completely.

Fact is, he alone probably kept Warburton in the job since November.

8 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The most high profile signings have pretty much all worked out as expected.

krancjar - injured

Barton - bust up and sacked

Senderos - bomb scare, sent off in debut then disappeared.

O'halloran - decent mid table player, not suited to Rangers style of play

Clint hill is one of the few "successes", but he's hardly part of a long term plan.

Joe Garner - Expensive and Tom Kite

Windass - Middling to pish

Crooks - Who? 

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, Rossy said:

If Kenny Miller breaks his leg in training tomorrow, then Rangers will be knackered completely.

Fact is, he alone probably kept Warburton in the job since November.

Our top scorer with 6.  FFS, Dodoo has 2.  Terrible.