Mark Warburton - Resigned - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mark Warburton - Resigned

22 hours ago, OLAS said:

Could just be rumours but Ferguson is now 2/1 on SkyBet: https://www.skybet.com/football/manager-specials/event/20356853 

So it's Barry Ferguson and not Claudio Ranieri who's the mystery person giving Murty advice? :lol: 

17 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Installed as favourite by Ladbrokes as well :lol:

Would imagine after rumors of his departure from Clyde on Saturday night started to filter through, probably a number of people put 1 and 1 together to get 700, and probably been a number of bets put on him over a short space of time that have got the bookies attention.

More than likely his departure from Clyde was more down to poor results rather than being tapped up by Rangers.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Would imagine after rumors of his departure from Clyde on Saturday night started to filter through, probably a number of people put 1 and 1 together to get 700, and probably been a number of bets put on him over a short space of time that have got the bookies attention.

More than likely his departure from Clyde was more down to poor results rather than being tapped up by Rangers.

You'd like to think Rangers would be aiming higher than the manager of one of the worst professional teams in the country.

:lol:

but then he is a "good Rangers man".

7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

You'd like to think Rangers would be aiming higher than the manager of one of the worst professional teams in the country.

but then he is a "good Rangers man".

Chatting with a few Rangers fans at work...... very best they can see him getting is either the face of match day under a Director of Football who runs the whole show behind the scenes, or as assistant to Eck.... certainly not left to his own devices.

Edited by wanderer

11 minutes ago, wanderer said:

very best they can see him getting is either the face of match day under a Director of Football who runs the whole show behind the scenes

You mean like a Paul Le Guen as DoF and Bazza as head coach kinda setup? ;)

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Chatting with a few Rangers fans at work...... very best they can see him getting is either the face of match day under a Director of Football who runs the whole show behind the scenes, or as assistant to Eck.... certainly not left to his own devices.

You'd think a Director of Football role would be more suited to a more experienced manager?

I can't see Ferguson getting the managers job, but it almost seems more sensible than DoF, perhaps Mcleish or the likes as DoF would make more sense.

I see Ferguson getting some kind of angry cheerleader role

A real rangers man to rant and rave at the players about pride and honour. How it was his his day with John Brown breaking your leg in training and Gazza taking a dump in your kit bag and how to behave when you can't find your chosen breakfast cereal in Morrisons.

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

You'd think a Director of Football role would be more suited to a more experienced manager?

I can't see Ferguson getting the managers job, but it almost seems more sensible than DoF, perhaps Mcleish or the likes as DoF would make more sense.

Said Ferguson working under a DoF (similar situation at Hearts almost.... but would imagine the rumors about Levein sticking his oar into Neilsons work would probably have more substance in this case..........) but again, I think that is extremely unlikely at the moment.

Olas mentioned Rowett, and that is a name I have seen come up a number of times....another Warburton style guy who has experience at Championship/League 1 level in England and can pick up players who can do a job for Rangers on the cheap.

Eck seems to have been one of the bookies favorites now for a long while, and Eck did seem to take a shine to Ferguson at club and international level, so while probably a small chance of happen, its one of these cases where you would not be shocked if there was some substance to it.

56 minutes ago, Big Col said:

I see Ferguson getting some kind of angry cheerleader role

A real rangers man to rant and rave at the players about pride and honour. How it was his his day with John Brown breaking your leg in training and Gazza taking a dump in your kit bag and how to behave when you can't find your chosen breakfast cereal in Morrisons.

14 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Punted by Birmingham City who are a place behind Brentford due to goal difference...   

That's a bit unfair, they were in contention for the play offs and have gone into free fall since he was punted for not having an exotic enough name.

I honestly don't take much interest in what happens in the English leagues...  unless I'm betting on it.      Was only stating Birmingham are at the same level as Brentford...  last manager Sevco got from that level didn't really end well. :lol:

Rowatt would be a good appointment. Solid manager who has improved every club he has been at.

However, I doubt he would go North because he will get a decent, more stable club in the summer. He is being mentioned for every job going, from mid table premier league to the championship. 

Apparently he turned down Forest, so he obviously does some homework while considering job offers. 

3 hours ago, OLAS said:

I honestly don't take much interest in what happens in the English leagues...  unless I'm betting on it.      Was only stating Birmingham are at the same level as Brentford...  last manager Sevco got from that level didn't really end well. :lol:

True but what is Rangers level when it comes to managers?  I'm not sure how many managers guarantee you success especially when they haven't got a big chequebook to wave.

I'm beginning to get bored of this game of hunt the manager. 

I'd prefer a foreign first team coach who understands how to work under a Director of Football and an experienced DofF too. 

No Scottish manager fits that bill unless Big Eck worked that way in Belgium, although not sure of how successful he was there. 

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I'm beginning to get bored of this game of hunt the manager. 

I'd prefer a foreign first team coach who understands how to work under a Director of Football and an experienced DofF too. 

No Scottish manager fits that bill unless Big Eck worked that way in Belgium, although not sure of how successful he was there. 

To be honest I'd rather they took their time and done some due diligence and make the right appointment rather than just go for someone like McInnes, McLeish or (gulp) Davies because they tick a few boxes and "know the Scottish game". We're already about 2-3 seasons behind in the rebuilding process so we can't afford to get this appointment wrong.  The way Hearts are going it'll be quite surprising if we don't hang on to at least 3rd place so there's no real damage to be done on that front.  I'd also prefer the new manager's first game not to be a substantial pumping at Parkhead!!

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Everybody's happy then! :ok:

I'd be happy if we had a decent media who reported things accurately, rather than feeding in to the "we're ra Gers and we can get any manager we want" mentality. 

On 2/25/2017 at 2:33 PM, wanderer said:

Reports Barry Ferguson has quit Clyde tonight and has gone straight to the front of the line in the odds to be next Rangers manager with the bookies......

I also hate the way a connection is made with an ex player, thinking they are going to do wonders as a boss because of it. 

McGhee with Aberdeen, Brewster with United, Connolly with Saints, McCoist with the Huns. The list goes on.

Paper talk does my tits in with that pish. McInnes to the Huns won't happen as you say.