Mark Warburton - Resigned - Page 14 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mark Warburton - Resigned

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

It's a good pub quiz question that.

"How many Glasgow Rangers managers have been sacked?"

Of course, you need to clarify that it's Rangers past and present, for the hard of thinking.

Off the top of my head: Scot Symon, Davie White, PLG and Ally McCoist (the latter not sacked as such, rather sent to the garden...)

You can maybe add Mark Warburton to that list in due course.

5 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Off the top of my head: Scot Symon, Davie White, PLG and Ally McCoist (the latter not sacked as such, rather sent to the garden...)

You can maybe add Mark Warburton to that list in due course.

I thought John Grieg was sacked?

Seem to recall Jock Wallace left by the old "mutual consent" when Souness arrived.

10 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I thought John Grieg was sacked?

Seem to recall Jock Wallace left by the old "mutual consent" when Souness arrived.

That was my first thought, but asked my dad and he said no..... maybe behind closed doors to keep face and avoid sacking the club legend, but Rangers had fallen so far behind Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee United by that point (plus even St Mirren finished above them a couple of times), there was no way he could carry on, and the official statement is he resigned to make way to allow Jock Wallace to return to reignite fortunes at the club.

Guest BlueGaz
On 10/02/2017 at 9:21 PM, euan2020 said:

resignation or new club

club statement says they asked ra gers to waive compensation 

On 10/02/2017 at 9:22 PM, BlueGaz said:

Forest. 

Coincidence?  he denied it at the time.  

Guest BlueGaz
7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Given that they appointed McParland as DOF last week I think it's a bit of a leap to think it might all be a coincidence! 

Definitely, was their plan all along, so although they may not have actually resigned, there was probably more to it than Warburton was admitting.