Mark Warburton - Resigned - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mark Warburton - Resigned

25 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

"Rangers" is a single entity so saying "Rangers has accepted..." whilst founding slightly strange is in fact correct.  The club should technically be referred to as "it" rather than "them" or "they".

17 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You're wrong. 

Rangers is a singular entity and therefore its has.  Have is for plurals. 

Seems you're the 5 year old in this case. ?

I dont really want to flash my credentials but i did get an A for my higher English

"Has" is the third person singular present tense of "Have" meaning that it is only used with third person singular  pronouns like "he" "she" and "it" 

As it is the Rangers website and they are talking about themselves the use of "has" is wrong - all day long !

However as i am prepared to compromise i'll accept Donny's arbitration

Edited by Ally Bongo

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueGaz
5 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I dont really want to flash my credentials but i did get an A for my higher English

"Has" is the third person singular present tense of "Have" meaning that it is only used with third person singular  pronouns like "he" "she" and "it" 

As it is the Rangers website and they are talking about themselves the use of "has" is wrong - all day long !

However as i am prepared to compromise i'll accept Donny's arbitration

Come on, if you want to flash your credentials, you have to be pretty much spot on with your content.  

Anyway

Let's just say @RangersFC fans will be shocked as the details behind this story start to drip out.

@the_tman10 @grahamspiers Let's just say Tam, this story perhaps not as it seems!!!

Edited by Ally Bongo

9 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Come on, if you want to flash your credentials, you have to be pretty much spot on with your content.  

Donald would disagree

It would only be technically right if it had been used on say the BBC website

It is technically wrong to use it on their own website

Edited by Ally Bongo

1 hour ago, giblet said:

going to miss that song:(

Never quite got that song... "it works against Dumbarton and other shite like that". 

Arent Dumbarton and the "other shite" exactly the same teams that have kept Hibs down for 3 years?

41 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

Aberdeen's, Dundee's, Dundee Utd's, St Johnstone's, Ross County's, Hamiltons

I'm thinking no 

A plural noun doesn't necessarily need an "s" at the end - "sheep", "criteria", "fish", "stadia", "children", "cacti" (and it definitely doesn't need an apostrophe but that's between you and your English teacher).

I would always say "Dundee Utd are...". "Dundee utd is..." just jars, no?

Edited by adamntg

31 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It would only be technically right if it had been used on say the BBC website

It is technically wrong to use it on their own website

It seems that Rangers do (or would you prefer 'does'?) treat the club as both grammatically plural and singular in their official statements (we all do this, all the time, technicalities of grammar are neither here nor there):

"At a meeting with the management team's representative earlier this week, the club were advised that Mr Warburton, Mr Weir and Mr McParland wished to resign their positions and leave the club on condition that Rangers agreed to waive its rights to substantial compensation," said Rangers' statement. [http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38939432 ]

Edited by DonnyTJS

41 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Anyway

Let's just say @RangersFC fans will be shocked as the details behind this story start to drip out.

@the_tman10 @grahamspiers Let's just say Tam, this story perhaps not as it seems!!!

Does he actually know anything though? It's fairly ambiguous.

Probably an attempt to look in the know.

Unless my mum is texting him too?

:lol:

'Eh, we might have a new job to go to if you don't make it difficult' MW,DW,FMCP

'Aye on ye go, we won't stand in your way' Sevco

'Aye, it's all off, so we'll just be staying then' MW,DW,FMCP

'Nae chance, ye've resigned, we've pit oot a statement n everyhin' Sevco

Fair summation of events?

Can I just say again how funny this is ?????

Edited by slasher

2 hours ago, slasher said:

PS How many pages before this thread somehow becomes about Aberdeen?

If Murty is the gaffer for The Morton game then it will be The Rangers' 5th different manager in the last 27 months.

If (for example) Big Eck fills in for the remainder of the season, then that will be 6 different managers steering the good ship Sevco in 5 seasons.

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Anyway

That's like attention seeking burds who stick up cryptic FB statuses to be quickly followed by caring/nosey mates asking "what's up hun/you ok" for them then to reply "PMd you".

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Shambles. However it looks like our ex management team have been actively looking for a way out. Probably more to come out. Not too sure regarding who is on solid ground regarding contract law.

It is indeed a shambles which is part of the larger on-going omnishambles, in the great scheme of things it's just another manager and one who, based on his leap into metaphysics this week, had lost the plot.

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Shambles. However it looks like our ex management team have been actively looking for a way out. Probably more to come out. Not too sure regarding who is on solid ground regarding contract law.

I'm no expert but I would doubt that seeking alternative employment would be seen as breaching your contract, after all there must be a pretty significant proportion of the population on the lookout for a different job?

If they did say as alleged and ask if the compensation could be waived if they were to resign, then unless they did actually formally hand in their resignations then I can't see how Rangers could be on solid ground here?

But as I said I'm far from expert.