Well played sir. - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Well played sir.

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

I remember Roddy the Jambo scoring 3 in a 4-1 win against Andy Rhodes at Firhill.

Alex Taylor (now that was a football player) scored the other one.

I was at that game. My auld man nearly got arrested for being, well... my auld man. :rolleyes:

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:07 PM, Barney Rubble said:

I remember Roddy the Jambo scoring 3 in a 4-1 win against Andy Rhodes at Firhill.

Alex Taylor (now that was a football player) scored the other one.

Alex Taylor was indeed a superb player - at Accies for only a year or two, but absolutely brilliant.  Talking to people who knew him, he just didn't enjoy playing football and was more into triathlons.  Football was just his job, which is probably why he eventually chucked it.  Great pity.

8 hours ago, Shotts56 said:

Alex Taylor was indeed a superb player - at Accies for only a year or two, but absolutely brilliant.  Talking to people who knew him, he just didn't enjoy playing football and was more into triathlons.  Football was just his job, which is probably why he eventually chucked it.  Great pity.

He was superb when he first came into team at Tannadice and looked like he would be a superstar but for whatever reason never really happened. He did have some decent competition TBF. Remember his old man came through to Dundee to have words with Wee Jim and allegedly gave him black eye!

During the last game of '94/95 season, Alex Taylor scored a lovely goal very late on at Ibrox to make it 1-1.    

Couldn't get a ticket for the away end so was in with the hoards...  could see it going in all the way as was immediately behind the goal where it was scored.  

In one swift movement,  I bounded up off my seat, celebrated and waltzed out before the grunts and finger pointing started.

Rangers had won the league that season and no way was I staying for any lap of honour and being forced to clap / outed as a Timposter.