Lee Clark - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

i'm usually annoyed when a manager/player moves south to some no mark team but, I know this will piss off killie fans, but Kilmarnock seems a different case.

Club must be one of the most boring in Scotland.  Stadium is far too big for their support.  Their ground is a morgue.

They've won a cup fairly recently and back in history they've had some team but my whole lifetime it's a club that seems to lack any kind of "personality".

Edited by PapofGlencoe

He did. His stated aim was to manage in the EPL. I don't believe he sees Bury as any 'step up'. Think we will find out that relationships were 'strained'. Fairly uninspired by McCulloch and Levin but we will soon see if they will employ different tactics and especially team selection. McDonald and Frizzel should be in ahead of the loanees for example.

Just now, Parklife said:

It's not at all. It's just Dan Cake talking shite and looking for a bite like normal. 

It is, he isn't talking shite. Two teams have bigger average attendances than Hearts another one has a bigger average attendance than Aberdeen and 9 have a bigger attendance than Dundee and the lowest average attendnace is bigger than Accies. Admitedly there's no Europe but the Championship is arguably more attractive.

I think I might have said it when he joined Killie but I actually really rate him as a coach. He knows the game inside out & back to front, & he had us playing some amazing football in his early days. I think as a manager, though, he is out of his depth. He is one of the lads, not a leader so I can't ever see him realistically managing with long-term success anywhere.

6 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

It is, he isn't talking shite. Two teams have bigger average attendances than Hearts another one has a bigger average attendance than Aberdeen and 9 have a bigger attendance than Dundee and the lowest average attendnace is bigger than Accies. Admitedly there's no Europe but the Championship is arguably more attractive.

Bury got 2050 at weekend.

6 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

Eh.......Bury are near the bottom of league 1! 

I can't imagine they attract much more of a crowd than Killie....4,000 or so?

Something amiss here imo.

14 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

is that not an anomaly though ?   Leeds & Newcastle should really find themselves in the Premiership 

& some of the pap like Bournemouth without the investors money would be back in Championsip/League 1