Footballers Other Jobs - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Footballers Other Jobs

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Ah right.  No he didn't.  

I remember he was quIte a bad tempered man.  

PK had a gambling habit.   Re-signed for Thistle but his sign-on fee went straight to John Lambie who paid off his debts.  

Flure seems to be ITK about it :lol:http://boards.fool.co.uk/gambling-addiction-if-football-9927074.aspx 

2 hours ago, OLAS said:

PK had a gambling habit.   Re-signed for Thistle but his sign-on fee went straight to John Lambie who paid off his debts.  

Flure seems to be ITK about it :lol:http://boards.fool.co.uk/gambling-addiction-if-football-9927074.aspx 

I served PK a few times while working in Hills when I was a student.

I've met Michael Watt in his role in Financial Services.

1 hour ago, teecee- said:

Last I heard of PK he had chucked gambling, but that was many years ago.

Strange to hear he is taxi driver as he did not have a licence when playing.

Wish him all the best as I was well looked after at St Mirren home games.

Used to see PK feeding the puggy in Finlay's on Kilmarnock Road - this would have been in the '90s.

22 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Bobby Law used to deliver my tatties.

Think he's now an industrial plumber / air conditioning engineer? I know someone that drinks with him in the Weavers and I think that's what she said.

Edited by Regenmann

8 minutes ago, Regenmann said:

Think he's now an industrial plumber / air conditioning engineer? I know someone that drinks with him in the Weavers and I think that's what she said.

Don't believe everything you hear in pubs. He was probably just spinning her a yarn.

8 hours ago, Regenmann said:

Not sure what he does now but he definitely does drink in The Weavers. I've spent some time in his company in there but I don't like to mention it, lest we are inundated by screaming Thistle fans from the early '90s.

10 hours ago, adamntg said:

Am I picking up your joke correctly?  It's very funny if you meant it. 

:lol: It's funny either way, but I think it was deliberate. Hard to believe it just slipped out without him noticing. That would be enough to send you round the bend.

On 20/02/2017 at 0:44 PM, hannibal smith said:

Tommy Gemmell ran the Commercial Hotel in my village in the 80's

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/tommy-gemmell-reduced-scotland-boss-3542138

I remember meeting Tommy Gemmill sometime in the early 70s probably, I was quite young at the time. I'm pretty sure that my dad told me that it was Gemmill's pub/hotel.  I'm wondering whether it would have been the same one.

3 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I remember meeting Tommy Gemmill sometime in the early 70s probably, I was quite young at the time. I'm pretty sure that my dad told me that it was Gemmill's pub/hotel.  I'm wondering whether it would have been the same one.

It's in Errol, between Dundee and Perth.

7 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

yeah that would be about right

He was also manager of Errol Rovers around that time with Ian Redfords dad. In the team were Ian and Gavin Redford, Ray Stewart and a few others who ended up playing for Arbroath, Montrose and the like.

Unfortunately the pub burned down around 10 years ago and nothing has been done with it.

2 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

yeah that would be about right

He was also manager of Errol Rovers around that time with Ian Redfords dad. In the team were Ian and Gavin Redford, Ray Stewart and a few others who ended up playing for Arbroath, Montrose and the like.

Unfortunately the pub burned down around 10 years ago and nothing has been done with it.

That will be the one.  A ,mate of mine was in that team, he tells me he was the only one who didn't make it professionally.

On 17/02/2017 at 10:13 AM, Davied14 said:

John Martin (former Airdrie keeper) works in Asda in Musselburgh.

Good to know. If asda staff ever have a mass walkoot then ill ken to pop to the Musselburgh store for my messages.