Thoughts and Questions About God - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Thoughts and Questions About God

Right so new born babies are punished with cancer for being sinners even if they die before sinning yet the biggest sinner out there Jimmy Saville lived a full life despite committing sins for most of his life? Shocking. Which is it? Either god doesn't exist in any shape or form otherwise Saville would have been punished for his sins? Or god is infact satin for allowing such sins to go unpunished?

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

OK, I'll bite, seeing as this thread is just for questions about God.

Welcome. Fire away!

Do you believe sin is a human or a divine creation...

God created the conditions (freewill) for sin to exist.

...and at what point in life do you believe a human to be capable of sinning? Given your assertions above, can you give me specifics?

We are all born spiritually dead, therefore we are all born sinners (and in need of a Saviour).

As a practical example, I have just completed a placement teaching 6-year-olds. 

Congratulations! :ok:

They fight, swear, argue over possessions & disobey adults. They can be greedy, selfish, and hurtful to others. Are they sinners?

Definitely.

(They are only 'hellhound' once they reach the age of accountability, though. So, babies, children, etc. go to heaven.)

6 hours ago, Boynze said:

Another biter. What will you do if you die and walk up to the pearly gates and see Apollo, or Odin standing there and you think oh feck I got the wrong Blooming one! If only someone had told me!!

Or what if Ron Hubbard was surprisingly right?

The 12 Gates of Pearl only exist in the Bible, so I'll know I'm in the correct place.

The human experience couldn't be anything other than what I am telling you, but to answer your question... then I'll have lived knowing that it is better to give than receive. 

(The more important question would be asked of yourself instantly being awake on the other side having to face the price of your unpaid debt.)

4 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I will say one name - Jimmy Saville.

What did god do to punish him for his sins? He lived until a ripe old age, was revered like a god by many in life, abused thousands of people (alive and dead) and lived a far better life than most of us will ever have. Sorry there are no gods whatever the religion and belief you are.

Who would trade eternity in heaven for 85 years on earth? (Only a fool.)

3 hours ago, kumnio said:

With the greatest respect, youre a fcking lunatic.

If God allows kids to get leukemia and die before they even reach school, before they even had an opportunity to sin, then God is a cnt.

God is awesome! He has infinite love and understanding.

Not one baby/person in heaven would want to come back to earth.

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

is it right that in the bible its stated that satan killed about 12 people and god killed millions?

Lucifer/satan started the first war (in heaven of all places) so he's no stranger to it.

31 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Right so new born babies are punished with cancer for being sinners even if they die before sinning yet the biggest sinner out there Jimmy Saville lived a full life despite committing sins for most of his life? Shocking. Which is it? Either god doesn't exist in any shape or form otherwise Saville would have been punished for his sins? Or god is infact satin for allowing such sins to go unpunished?

1. Babies aren't punished with cancer. Cancer is consequence of the fallen world that we live in.

2. Babies who die go to heaven. (Your understanding of death is different than what actually happens.)

3. Jimmy Saville got away with eternity in hell.

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Sorry Scotty but you really are showing yourself up for an idiot. Your cryptic replies hold no water and are basically just nonsense. 

I'm not trying to be cryptic. Can you be specific. (Is it possible that you just don't like the answers?)

Just give it up eh?

Your professions that there is a god just isn't working. You've been blown out more times than a wind-sock then you scurry away and flick through the pages of your bible for something to quote that only you think is the answer. All complete BS. I will never believe in any god when so much awfullness goes on in this world, where evil often triumphs over good, where there is so much pain and suffering and your only comeback is because people are sinners and are being punished even when some cases are still-born babies etc who never even drew breath to sin. You, my friend, are a lost cause - perhaps that is why you are a Rangers fan.

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Just give it up eh?

I'm not sure what that means.

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Your professions that there is a god just isn't working. You've been blown out more times than a wind-sock then you scurry away and flick through the pages of your bible for something to quote that only you think is the answer. All complete BS. I will never believe in any god when so much awfullness goes on in this world, where evil often triumphs over good, where there is so much pain and suffering...

What about satan. He's a god. He loves to see man in misery.

5 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

...and your only comeback is because people are sinners... 

People are sinners, however, we have an enemy that just compounds everything.

9 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

...and are being punished...

Not by God they're not.

9 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

...even when some cases are still-born babies etc who never even drew breath to sin.

That baby would be in heaven (and not in 'nothingness' as the atheist would believe).

11 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

You, my friend, are a lost cause - perhaps that is why you are a Rangers fan.

But... I started this thread to keep the 2 subjects separate. ;)

3 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Is it possible that in your pre-disposed position of wanting to hate God that after finding out that babies and children who die go to heaven and that people like Jimmy Saville suffer for eternity that that makes hating Him a little harder to do?

It's more of a hatred towards those that espouse the greatest lie and the gullability of humans that makes some believe such nonsense

31 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

One nonsensical explanation for the human experience would be by special creation by an eternal omnipotent entity existing outside of time.

Was going to post some thoughts on here but I think Scotty has inadvertently polarised the debate. Is anyone out there ready with an open mind to consider some of my thoughts? Not gonna say I have all the answers or anything just thoughts I have about religion and man

3 hours ago, mariokempes56 said:

But satan is just the anti-santa ?

He's the kvnt that brings socks..

42 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

So ? 

Socks ? I need answers.

Apologies for missing your question, Mario.

Santa ('s-a-t-a-n') was created to take the focus off of Jesus at the time of year where the Roman Catholic Church decided the birth of the Saviour was to be celebrated.

The 'tradition' of hanging socks over the fireplace is mockingly symbolic of humans willingly placing their souls in hell for the 'free' temporary 'gift' of material goods.

5 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

No Big Bang? Quantum equation predicts universe has no beginning

It did have a beginning, now it didn't have a beginning...

Science' pretends to have all the answers.

You are free to place your faith there.

2 minutes ago, hunchy said:

Was going to post some thoughts on here but I think Scotty has inadvertently polarised the debate. Is anyone out there ready with an open mind to consider some of my thoughts? Not gonna say I have all the answers or anything just thoughts I have about religion and man

Absolutely!

What is your worldview?

47 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Apologies for missing your question, Mario.

Santa ('s-a-t-a-n') was created to take the focus off of Jesus at the time of year where the Roman Catholic Church decided the birth of the Saviour was to be celebrated.

The 'tradition' of hanging socks over the fireplace is mockingly symbolic of humans willingly placing their souls in hell for the 'free' temporary 'gift' of material goods.

Oh Scott, I do love you but that is straight out of brainwash camp my friend.

9 hours ago, Boynze said:

An oldie but a goodie, but saying it's perfect.

They always seem to get the intellectually sounding 'educated' 'respected' atheist to comment (deceive) as if their understanding of the universe can somehow rival and surpass that of God's.

“Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding." Job 38:4

Just to be clear, I want what God wants... "The Lord is not slow to fulfill His promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance." 2 Peter 3:9 

But, if I am temporarily in the presence of the goats on the other side (Matthew 25), then I hope that I am standing next to Richard Dawkins (or similar) if he doesn't repent (who will be shaking like the hind legs on a dog that doesn't want to be at the vets).

Scotty CTA - "Would you accept this (standing in front of God) as proof that you were wrong about... oh... everything?"

Dawkins - ( ...silence... trembling... ...off the scale foreboding... )

Scotty CTA - "So... Romans 1:22 ("Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools") Apt, or what?"

Dawkins - "Wha... wha.. what happens next?"

Scotty CTA - "You know what happens next. And you see all of those people over there on the left? You played a HUGE role in many of them being here."

Dawkins - "OH MY GOD!!!" 

Scotty CTA - "I'm sorry. I really am, but it's too late. You not only knowingly, willingly, chose to reject God during your life, but you made it you life's work for others to do the same (and you'll have eternity to think about that).

Dawkins - "But I... (silence) but I... (inconsolable weeping)"

Scotty CTA - "I've got to go now... "

Jesus to the 'goats' - "Then He will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. I never knew you." Matthew 25:41 and Matthew 7:23

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

It did have a beginning, now it didn't have a beginning...

Science' pretends to have all the answers.

You are free to place your faith there.

Really ? Thats your response ?

I guess it must be a thorny issue for creationists & why they cover their ears when it's discussed

Science pretends to have all the answers ? Does it ?

You do know what it takes for a scientific theory to become just that ?

Surely it is you that claims to have all the answers ? (with absolutely no evidence whatsoever)

Absolutely!

What is your worldview?

Is there any real point in answering in this debate ?

Because you cannot have a proper discussion unless the faith card is taken off the table

And you have proved ad nauseum that you wont - ever

Scotty CTA - "Would you accept this (standing in front of God) as proof that you were wrong about... oh... everything?"

Dawkins - ( ...silence... trembling... ...off the scale foreboding... )

Scotty CTA - "So... Romans 1:22 ("Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools") Apt, or what?"

Dawkins - "Wha... wha.. what happens next?"

Scotty CTA - "You know what happens next. And you see all of those people over there on the left? You played a HUGE role in many of them being here."

Dawkins - "OH MY GOD!!!" 

Scotty CTA - "I'm sorry. I really am, but it's too late. You not only knowingly, willingly, chose to reject God during your life, but you made it you life's work for others to do the same (and you'll have eternity to think about that).

Dawkins - "But I... (silence) but I... (inconsolable weeping)"

Scotty CTA - "I've got to go now... "

Jesus to the 'goats' - "Then He will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. I never knew you." Matthew 25:41 and Matthew 7:23

Whit!     'see me and my best pal god........'. You do realise you're not just thinking that, you've actually typed that out and posted it on an internet forum.