2017 Gig Thread - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2017 Gig Thread

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Alan said:

The Shed is in Shawlands 20 mins from Hampden and Clockwork is 5 mins walk from Hampden.  I'd expect it to be busy.

Slouch & Maggie Mays have indie music so I'd hope its easier to get in post gig as does Firewater which is a bit of a younger crowd.

Again its all a gamble due to bouncers.

Firewater have on their Facebook page that they are having an unofficial after gig party, so would hope the bouncers knew what to expect. 

Just depends on their mood I suppose. 

If that was the last ever gig, I'm glad I was there to witness it. Going by his words at the end, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't. 

Highlight of the day was a lassie ending up in a big pile of pish after a few of them decided the male toilets was where that wanted to go as the female queues were too long. They were getting very upset when people were going past them into the cubicles, one got animated, slipped and ended up covered in the stuff. Was brilliant, hopefully teach the dumb cows some manners and decency. 

41 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

If that was the last ever gig, I'm glad I was there to witness it. Going by his words at the end, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't. 

Highlight of the day was a lassie ending up in a big pile of pish after a few of them decided the male toilets was where that wanted to go as the female queues were too long. They were getting very upset when people were going past them into the cubicles, one got animated, slipped and ended up covered in the stuff. Was brilliant, hopefully teach the dumb cows some manners and decency. 

:lol:

58 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Went to see the Stone Roses at Finsbury Park three years ago.   Obviously as an outdoor venue the toilets were the portable variety and despite it being lovely and sunny, as the day went on, the area around the gents got soggier and boggier.   Towards the end, I was going for a Lillian Gish and about 10m from the gents passed a guy - totally off his tits - who was caked head to toe in muddy pish having obviously done a full "splat" right in the middle of it. 

Wonder who decided to have Ed Sheeran follow Biffy to end Glastonbury ?

Absolute horseshit

Probably because Biffy voted Yes ...

13 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Bland sells!  My wife and daughter think he's great.  I just think he's a bit whiney and introspective.

Wow it really does. What a fat arrogant bland khunt would be my review. 

edit: yes & yes

edit: did I mention bland?

Edited by thplinth

16 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Just following in the tradition of Phil Collins, Lionel Richie, Simply Red etc. Bland is big business...

I think this is new level bland. I have never heard bland like this before. It sucks the life out of you as you listen. Like Zombie music.

Was meant to say this yesterday, but hampden is worse for a concert than it is for football. 

Stewards even more incompetent, had no clue how to handle crowds or administer basic first aid. 

Pretty much forced to walk into town after being told that mount Florida was shut now didn't help matters either. 

Sent to buy drinks through the tunnels at the south stand ( I always wondered where they went) only to find out there wasn't anything available. 

They also had no control over queues and just let it be a free for all. 

The police seemed like their only concern was stopping people drinking in the street and handing out fines, rather than stopping some scuffles that were breaking out here and there. 

Wont be going to a gig there again in a hurry. 

I'd heartily recommend ELO who are appearing at The Hydro in Glasgow this week. I saw them at Wembley and they were truly superb. Close your eyes and it sounded like you had a studio recording CD on that is how superb they were. Jeff Lynn is almost 70 but they must have put him in cryogenic status since the 1970s he still looks and sounds so good for his age. Best concert I have ever been to. 

Stone Roses was very underwhelming.  Was at Heaton Park and Finsbury Park and both were great days which felt like mini festivals.  Both on a slope too which helped views and atmosphere more positive and exciting.

Hampden was crap as a venue.  Big queues to get in. Couple of skimishes ahead of us as we waited.  Loads of steamers.  No chance of getting beers as no system like a snake queue just a big push.  Sound was crap unless you went back.  Ended up sitting in West Stand and it was better than on pitch.  Bruce Springsteen last year the stage was at North Stand with bettter views and beer all organised.  Very different crowd though.

If that was their last gig then good.  Felt like a cash in.  They even came onto and off to same songs and their setlist hardly changes.  Mad dash for toilets during "All For One".  It felt more like a "T in the Park" crowd with folk there to get hammered instead of there for the tunes.  It was my Reading '96.

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Pretty much forced to walk into town after being told that mount Florida was shut now didn't help matters either. 

I told you Cathcart.  Go to Cathcart!  Trains were still running.

28 minutes ago, Alan said:

Stone Roses was very underwhelming.  Was at Heaton Park and Finsbury Park and both were great days which felt like mini festivals.  Both on a slope too which helped views and atmosphere more positive and exciting.

Hampden was crap as a venue.  Big queues to get in. Couple of skimishes ahead of us as we waited.  Loads of steamers.  No chance of getting beers as no system like a snake queue just a big push.  Sound was crap unless you went back.  Ended up sitting in West Stand and it was better than on pitch.  Bruce Springsteen last year the stage was at North Stand with bettter views and beer all organised.  Very different crowd though.

If that was their last gig then good.  Felt like a cash in.  They even came onto and off to same songs and their setlist hardly changes.  Mad dash for toilets during "All For One".  It felt more like a "T in the Park" crowd with folk there to get hammered instead of there for the tunes.  It was my Reading '96.

I thought they were decent but not as good as Etihaad last year. 

Never encountered any of the above though although I was in about 6ish as mates wanted to see Steve Mason. Pretty easy entry once had been though metal detectors, got tokens for drink in a couple of minutes at top of West Stand, got a pint within a couple of minutes too. Got some more drinks during early part of Primal Scream set under South Stand. Never seen any bother.

I was left hand side of stage in front of disabled bit for first part of gig, as said, decent. Went and found a mate who had got lost going to toilet and then we both went in the very front, both sound and atmosphere a lot better there. A very good end to the gig due to being in there.

Only bit of "bad behaviour" was young lads setting off a flare next to us at Sally Cinnamon, seemed more a flame throwing sparkler than a flare, spat hot shit everywhere and made a lot of "popping" noises. I ended up with a small hole in the back of my (thankfully dog walking) cagoul, my mates Barbour got a few burns, as did his hair. The young lads mates came of worst though, one had his probably very expensive Stone Island jacket left very damaged, another had an entire sweatshirt destroyed.

Definitely a TITP crowd though, again the Etihaad beat it hands down for good crowd atmosphere, everyone friendly and up for it.

Edited by Dalgety Bay TA

34 minutes ago, Alan said:

That's almost word for word my description of the last gig the played at Glasgow Green.

4 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Sounds like Stone Roses should've played the Hydro instead....

They'd likely have been amazing i there but they'd have sold about a quarter of the tickets they did for Hampden so can see why they opted for there!