Women's UEFA finals, Netherlands - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Women's UEFA finals, Netherlands

Padre Andrew

This'll wind some people up, I know, but what's the interest in going to see one or two of the group games in the Netherlands this July?

The game against Portugal is on Sunday 23rd, which might mean only one day off work.

I'm not looking for "I'm no going to see that pish", just an idea of who might be up for going to see a Scotland team play in a finals.

Edited by Padre Andrew

I asked my group about this, but there was little interest; ironically, the most vocal against it was female. 

Personally, I think it's worth consideration.

What's not to like? It's a Scotland team... It's summer... It's a trip to the cities of Utrecht or Rotterdam or (I forget the third city).

Its playing at Sparta Rotterdam's historic ground (one of the oldest clubs/grounds in the Netherlands?)

And last, but not least, the Ladies have qualified for a tournament, which the men have failed do time and time again over the past 19 years.

We'll be going to the game against Portugal.

Still to book flights and accommodation for the Friday to the Monday. Flying from Aberdeen to Rotterdam is a bit of a pain or expensive so trying to work out if best

1. Spend a long weekend in Amsterdam and head over to Rotterdam on match day.
  2. Fly into Amsterdam and then get the train straight to Rotterdam.
  3. Train to Edinburgh or Glasgow and fly to Rotterdam from there.

A lot depends on whether there is enough to do in Rotterdam for the Friday and Saturday

Thought it would be a short journey. Hadn't done any research apart from flights from Aberdeen.

In that case

2. Fly into Amsterdam and then get the train to Rotterdam.

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 3:52 PM, drew said:

Thought it would be a short journey. Hadn't done any research apart from flights from Aberdeen.

In that case

2. Fly into Amsterdam and then get the train to Rotterdam.

FYI, you can catch train's from Schiphol Airport direct to Rotterdam; no need to go into Amsterdam Central (unless you want to of course).

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

The product is p1sh

our national team is now such a joke and likely will not qualify for eons ; grown men are planning overseas trips to watch a very poor imitation 

Pity we still have such appalling, backward attitudes towards the womens game from the likes of you.

Our womens teams deserve all the support they can get and the standard of women's domestic and international football has come on tremendously in the last ten-fifteen years.

I rather do suspect this is a more a case of you being one of these "it's political correctness gone mad", "these feminists are just fascists" types.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me , ma girlfriend and daughter are going tae the England game in Utrecht cos we live here fer last 15 years. Couldnae have worked oot any better. Ma daughter just turned 4 and is Scotland daft but has never been tae a game, so this will be her first game :spin:

I was gonnae post a list of places tae go and best pubs tae drink in etc  I will make another thread about that. I met a few lassies fae Elgin and a lad fae Blackpool in London Victoria Weatherspoons after England game who were all thinking of coming over for this game...hope they do. Been following Scotland masel fer 40+ years but this will be ma first ever Womens game. Lots of tickets already sold from what I can see, but it's no sell oot.

If anyone is going and has any questions about Utrecht, just drop me a line. No oan here much but I will answer any queries. Utrecht is a great city so anyone coming will have a blast. Way better that shitty Amsterdam.

Cheers

Angus