Scotland v England Tickets - Page 12 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v England Tickets

GaryWood34

Logged on at noon, said an hour and a half wait but got my tickets (5 adults  3 kids) at about ten to one. £60 ones right enough but happy with that seeing as i'm no paying for them;). Dunno if being logged into my Scotland membership and buying through that made things any easier. That's our group all got tickets so pleased with that

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest allyc
11 hours ago, Exglasgowasc said:

In days gone by this game would have got nowhere near a public sale. There are hundreds if not thousands like me who had no intention of going. 

That is nonsense.even the 99 playoff game went to public sale..how long do you want to go back? Even when we play ed them in the Rous cup there was a public sale...

3 hours ago, allyc said:

That is nonsense.even the 99 playoff game went to public sale..how long do you want to go back? Even when we play ed them in the Rous cup there was a public sale...

Allyc

Apologies. Should have checked my facts. Certainly can't remember the 99 play off going to a public sale but i fully believe you. Was the crowd not around 84000 for the Rous Cup game, certainly a larger capacity and more scope for a public sale. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I bought Holland Play Off tickets in public sale.

Same with the Lithuania game prior to that and even the Germany game the year before when we drew 1-1 with Miller scoring. Don't think that even sold out!!!

The Germany game didn't sell out. The Germans had asked for extra tickets & didn't get them so they were a bit pissed off at empty sections.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I bought Holland Play Off tickets in public sale.

Same with the Lithuania game prior to that and even the Germany game the year before when we drew 1-1 with Miller scoring. Don't think that even sold out!!!

I queued outside Morrisons (or it might even have been Safeway at the time) for Holland tickets but didn't get them. 

Had to get a hospitality ticket from elsewhere, which inspired me to join the SSC and avoid a repeat.

4 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

I queued outside Morrisons (or it might even have been Safeway at the time) for Holland tickets but didn't get them. 

Had to get a hospitality ticket from elsewhere, which inspired me to join the SSC and avoid a repeat.

It was Safeway. That's where I got my hospitality ticket since I worked for them.

Just now, andymac said:

It was Safeway. That's where I got my hospitality ticket since I worked for them.

Aye I just remember it was a Saturday morning they came out cos I had finished Friday nightshift and thought I'd be one of the first there, but clearly not.

22 hours ago, Exglasgowasc said:

In days gone by this game would have got nowhere near a public sale. There are hundreds if not thousands like me who had no intention of going. 

It never went to a public sale as such. Never went by the members. When I got my extra tickets they wanted membership number and on line was through members site so no public sale.

2 hours ago, Reevesy said:

My dad queued up overnight for ours and got them. 

Those were the days.

1 hour ago, Doric said:

It never went to a public sale as such. Never went by the members. When I got my extra tickets they wanted membership number and on line was through members site so no public sale.

Incorrect. There was a public sale on Tuesday. No membership details needed. 

16 hours ago, SteveHFC said:

My dad queued up overnight for ours and got them. 

Those were the days.

We had an overnight party. Everyone had a carry out. Certainly made the night go quicker (and i queued up for pals living away from Scotland as i already had my ticket)

For Holland tickets I went to the Metro in Saltcoats on the Friday night then headed upto Glasgow with my mates on the first train 5.15am and queued outside Ticket Scotland, eventually getting tickets about 11am then went straight to Killie on the train for Killie-Aberdeen that afternoon.

Ticket Scotland queue was a good laugh.

39 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

For Holland tickets I went to the Metro in Saltcoats on the Friday night then headed upto Glasgow with my mates on the first train 5.15am and queued outside Ticket Scotland, eventually getting tickets about 11am then went straight to Killie on the train for Killie-Aberdeen that afternoon.

Ticket Scotland queue was a good laugh.

My dad came back around 12ish and we headed straight up to watch Dundee-Hibs which ended up 1-1. 

Strangely remember buying tickets for the Norway game in 2004 at home at a Safeway store in Gilmerton. 

20 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Incorrect. There was a public sale on Tuesday. No membership details needed. 

OK I stand corrected but they asked for my SSC number. I take it they would have still sold me then if no SSC number.

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 1:18 PM, Exglasgowasc said:

Was the crowd not around 84000 for the Rous Cup game, certainly a larger capacity and more scope for a public sale. 

There were 66000 at the Rous Cup game in 1985. Hampden's capacity was 74000 at the time.

I bought tickets from AT Mays travel agents in Killie, a whopping 5 quid each!