Alex Young. - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alex Young.

5 hours ago, Ormond said:

Very sad this has only one reply in 11 hours. Shows you the contempt that is shown to our game. 

Great player. RIP. 

Aye that's what I thought ?

Thought our resident Jambos might have had something to say. Obviously no. 

6 hours ago, Ormond said:

Very sad this has only one reply in 11 hours. Shows you the contempt that is shown to our game. 

Great player. RIP. 

Aye rather depressing. That's a few Scotland players we've lost in the last few years.

Fred Martin in 2013 then Bobby Collins and Alex Forbes died in 2014. Whilst John Hewie, Jimmy Murray, Graham Leggatt and Dave Mackay all passed away in 2015.

Denis Law, Bobby Brown, Bertie Auld, Ian St John, Tommy Docherty, Ian McMillan, David Mathers, John McKenzie, Doug Cowie and Jock Aird are all Scotland internationalists from the 1950s who are still alive. There's probably one or two more I missed out.

Might be wrong but I think Bobby Brown is also the last living Scotland internationalist from the 1940s but not too sure about that.

Further to my earlier post I had missed out from my list of 1950s Scotland internationals who are still living - George Herd, Duncan Mackay, Andy Weir, Bert McCann, George Mulhall, John Grant, Mick Cullen and Tommy Ewing.

Others who recently died are: Andy Paton (2014), David Herd (2016) and John Little who died just last month.

It's unclear if Jimmy Walker, Jimmy McGowan, Johnny Deakin or Billy Campbell are still alive or not.