Scottish Cup Weekend - Page 16 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Weekend

Guest BlueGaz
2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I seem to recall that all 3 entrants will be in the first qualifying round now. 

Yep, 29 June first game. 

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueGaz
7 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Are Sevco allowed to play in Europe? Serious question.

They will be next year.  They will be monitored from the point they apply for a license, and there have been clubs far worse off than Rangers who have applied and been granted.  Sanctions further down the line however, will be issued based on how things progress, or don't as the case may be.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2017 at 4:58 PM, Reevesy said:

When did Hampden start selling restricted view tickets, and where are they exactly?

Noticed that they have these for the semi final

On 4/4/2017 at 8:50 AM, BlueGaz said:

Think they are up the back behind the goals - the score boards restrict your view a bit.

Found out yesterday that the first few rows behind the goal in the east stand are considered restricted view.

Picked up another 2 tickets for row B with a 3 quid reduction on each. Sold out now, eventually.

On 4/4/2017 at 10:36 PM, BlueGaz said:

They will be next year.  They will be monitored from the point they apply for a license, and there have been clubs far worse off than Rangers who have applied and been granted.  Sanctions further down the line however, will be issued based on how things progress, or don't as the case may be.

But that Phil bloke says the SFA sent the application back to Rangers ;-)

On 14/04/2017 at 6:06 PM, dandydunn said:

North & South sold out for Aberdeen. Only west left. Probably about 12/12500 sold. 

Think that means we will have a crowd of around 31k.  Looking forward to getting back to The Hibee end of Hampden.

cant quite believe this is our 5th Scottish cup semi final in 6 years.

Edited by giblet

• 2 weeks later...

Cup final prices announced

£35 and £20 for north and south stand.

£30 and £15 for east and west.

So a tenner more than the semi was. Also heard that the sponsors have snapped up a few thousand more for themselves so each team will have less for their normal fans.

3 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Cup final prices announced

£35 and £20 for north and south stand.

£30 and £15 for east and west.

So a tenner more than the semi was. Also heard that the sponsors have snapped up a few thousand more for themselves so each team will have less for their normal fans.

Fair prices.

Allocation announced yet? 60/40 minimum surely?

Just now, macy37 said:

Fair prices.

Allocation announced yet? 60/40 minimum surely?

:lol:

I realise you're probably on the wind up but you'd be surprised how many of our fans I've argued with over that suggestion. There's a real entitlement among some of our support.

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

50/50

Seems less than 20000 each. 

With more available if the initial batch are "sold quickly", whatever that means. 

Each account is allowed 2 tickets but i want to take my nephews to the game, who don't have many points yet. Don't know whether to buy two now and two later, or just hold off and hope to buy 4 if initial allocation isn't sold out. 

16 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

:lol:

I realise you're probably on the wind up but you'd be surprised how many of our fans I've argued with over that suggestion. There's a real entitlement among some of our support.

Are you suggesting we shouldn't receive more?

14 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Seems less than 20000 each. 

A  guy I know who runs a supporters bus was saying last night it was to be 18k each and was advising his members that if they've missed more than one game this season to book the corporate package with the overnight stay in the Hilton to avoid missing out.

It's going to be a scramble for the lesser fans  :10:

1 minute ago, macy37 said:

Are you suggesting we shouldn't receive more?

Absolutely. It's a national cup final at a neutral venue, it should always be 50/50 if both teams can sell out.

I don't believe Aberdeen should be penalised for having a smaller support

1 minute ago, Reevesy said:

Absolutely. It's a national cup final at a neutral venue, it should always be 50/50 if both teams can sell out.

Surely Macy is fishing?

4 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

But they should be rewarded for having both a smaller core support and less season book holders? What a weird world we live in.

2 minutes ago, macy37 said:

But they should be rewarded for having both a smaller core support and less season book holders? What a weird world we live in.

Who's being "rewarded"? 

Two teams are playing a cup final at a neutral venue. Tickets are split 50:50. It's a pretty simple concept. 

14 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Macy in Hun mode with his WATP stance.