Scottish Cup Weekend - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Weekend

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Is that 2000 left including the 1300 extra they were to be given if they sold more?

Not sure to be honest. I was under the impression these tickets would be released if demand exceeded original supply. 

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

Is that 2000 left including the 1300 extra they were to be given if they sold more?

I suspect not, albeit the 'top up' is only 1344 more.

Looks like we'll have 000's missing out.

Any idea when Celtic will know if they'll have any left to hand back?

1 hour ago, Redz said:

Any idea when Celtic will know if they'll have any left to hand back?

Our fans weren't warned by the club that they need to snap them up quick to avoid that scenario, which is probably why we haven't sold out yet.

11 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Sold out signs are up. 

Disclaimer: I don't know if they are literally up,but all tickets are gone. 

Nah, it's not sold out. Celtic haven't sold all their tickets yet. 

3 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Daily Record saying Celtic now getting another 1,000 as Aberdeen have sold the initial 19,874 and opted not to take up the additional offer of another 1,300.

Wow. 

So much for a neutral venue,they get more tickets than us? That's a fvcking disgrace,typical celtic fa. 

Not only do we have further to travel,they have their own end and now more tickets. 

Wheres the sense of fairness. 

Joke. 

Just now, dandydunn said:

Wow. 

So much for a neutral venue,they get more tickets than us? That's a fvcking disgrace,typical celtic fa. 

Not only do we have further to travel,they have their own end and now more tickets. 

Wheres the sense of fairness. 

Joke. 

I sort of agree.

What were they thinking when they built the National Stadium so far from Aberdeen?

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Nah, it's not sold out. Celtic haven't sold all their tickets yet. 

37 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Daily Record saying Celtic now getting another 1,000 as Aberdeen have sold the initial 19,874 and opted not to take up the additional offer of another 1,300.

Oh dear :lol:

32 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Why didn't Aberdeen take the extra? I'm assuming they'd need to be paid for in advance and they weren't confident of selling them?

Correct

50 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Why didn't Aberdeen take the extra? I'm assuming they'd need to be paid for in advance and they weren't confident of selling them?

Utterly embarrassing from the club. The tickets would easily have sold. They haven't even been offered to people on the very lowest points levels! 

Disgraceful from Aberdeen FC and no comment as to why they haven't taken them up. We couldn't get more for the ICT final due to security and segregation but yet again it's ok for one of the cheeks to be above us and the SFA's policies go out the window. I know folk who'S only chance of a ticket was once the initial allocation had sold out but now they can't and wont get a ticket. And Aberdeen FC sit and scratch their heads in bewilderment at falling home crowds and what they can do to attract fans to games. Beyond belief yet again from AFC. 

4 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

On the assumption that this is true then I am very surprised at Aberdeen turning down the extra tickets.

l'm certain that they'd be pretty much guaranteed to be able to sell them (and probably more besides tbh).

However, on that basis then it is right that the SFA make them available to Celtic supporters (assuming they can deal with any segregation issues created if there are any) as this is much better than more for the fatcats or, even worse, empty seats.

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Is that true though?

I would imagine it probably is true Scotty, as surely club would have been quick to deny the article.

Very poor show from AFC, I'd be absolutely raging if I were a dons fan. 

Bizarre decision from Pittodrie. We sold 19,874 tickets in less than a week - of course we would sell the additional 1,344 in 12 days!?!

Know quite a few folk who were waiting for a general sale and will now be disappointed. We are in the South Stand and now guaranteed to have opposing fans above us - not pleasant. It was bad enough in the League Cup final where we only had the end few sections of the upper tier.

Shows up perfectly the small time mentality of Milne. What a fhucking miserable east coast miser that he would not take the chance on a loss no matter how remote. Would not matter how much money he has... small time.

16 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Shows up perfectly the small time mentality of Milne. What a fhucking miserable east coast miser that he would not take the chance on a loss no matter how remote. Would not matter how much money he has... small time.

Hard to disagree.

As an aside, you do appear to take a 'wee' bit of pleasure in running the city / area & AFC down at any opportunity.

Why is that?