Scottish Cup Weekend - Page 21 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Weekend

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Cup Finals and the glamour that come with them are more attractive to kids and casual fans. 

I just don't get the mindset that folk would rather we handed back tickets for Celtic to sell, than sell them to casual/part time/lapsed/new fans of Aberdeen because they don't "deserve a ticket". 

A very Aberdonian attitude. 

These "casual fans" probably haven't stepped foot in pittodrie in the last 20 years,only want to see a final and have a piss up. 

Forgive me for thinking aberdeen should bend over backwards to allow them to do that. 

Its not my aberdonian attitude,it's my attitude as a football fan that has to listen to some of these clowns moaning when we haven't scored after 5 minutes or someone misplaced a pass. 

Fvck them,they're neither wanted nor needed. 

I would much rather we sold them all too,but there's simply not the demand that people claim there is to sell them. 

Its been known for a long time now that points are required for games,if people can't/won't make the effort to get them,that's their problem,not aberdeens. 

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

These "casual fans" probably haven't stepped foot in pittodrie in the last 20 years,only want to see a final and have a piss up. 

I gave you two perfectly possible examples of folk who're unable to get tickets. 

Forgive me for thinking aberdeen should bend over backwards to allow them to do that. 

I'm not asking Aberdeen to bend over backwards. I'm asking them to accept our full allocation of tickets. We sold 20,000 tickets in a week. We'd comfortably sell 1,300 more in 12 days before the final. 

Fvck them,they're neither wanted nor needed. 

Aye, okay. Better to have Celtic fans there instead :ok: 

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I gave you two perfectly possible examples of folk who're unable to get tickets. 

I'm not asking Aberdeen to bend over backwards. I'm asking them to accept our full allocation of tickets. We sold 20,000 tickets in a week. We'd comfortably sell 1,300 more in 12 days before the final. 

Aye, okay. Better to have Celtic fans there instead :ok: 

I gave you 3 examples of people not attending regularly when there's very little excuse not to that think they have a god given right to a ticket. 

As far as I'm aware,they had a set time to sell the tickets and up until 3pm on the 27th May wasn't it. 

If people wanted to go,there was plenty time to make sure they could. 

We had potentially 14 tickets available in our group,9 were purchased. 

People were offered,refused and now funnily enough,they're moaning they didn't get one. 

As I said,fvck them. 

I gave you 3 examples of people not attending regularly when there's very little excuse not to that think they have a god given right to a ticket. 

As far as I'm aware,they had a set time to sell the tickets and up until 3pm on the 27th May wasn't it. 

If people wanted to go,there was plenty time to make sure they could. 

We had potentially 14 tickets available in our group,9 were purchased. 

People were offered,refused and now funnily enough,they're moaning they didn't get one. 

As I said,fvck them. 

We're not going to agree on this. 

You're alright, you've got a ticket. Fvck everyone else. Fvck kids who might be seduced by the glamour of a Cup Final - Fvck them. Folk who've emigrated and want to come back for the Cup Finals - Fvck them. Fvck everyone that isn't me because i'm alright. 

Aberdonian as fvck attitude right there. 

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

We're not going to agree on this. 

You're alright, you've got a ticket. Fvck everyone else. Fvck kids who might be seduced by the glamour of a Cup Final - Fvck them. Folk who've emigrated and want to come back for the Cup Finals - Fvck them. Fvck everyone that isn't me because i'm alright. 

Aberdonian as fvck attitude right there. 

Everyone knows someone who could've gotten them a ticket. 

There is no excuse for not going,you're right,I do have mine,as has my bairn and my pals. I don't care about anyone else not having when they've had the opportunity to get. 

Mots good how you keep avoiding what I say in replies and only focus on the negative. 

People know they need points. 

People have chances to gain points. 

People didn't take that chance to gain points. 

I just don't understand what part of that you don't get.

You have to earn the right to be there,just like the players,not get it handed to you on a plate  

Its not an aberdonian attitude at all,it's an attitude of someone that goes to watch a team through all the shit that has been the last 20 years and doesn't like see people crawling out of the woodwork. 

The 40 or so people around us on Friday night after 10 minutes being the perfect example. 

As I alluded to earlier,where were these 25,000 or so fans that were lost to the game,attended the league cup final and deserted the team again,6 days later?

They were in their usual place,at home or in the pub,moaning that it's too cold,expensive or the team wasn't very good. 

25,000 people,abandoned,lost to the team,6 days after winning a national cup. 

They deserve nothing. 

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Everyone knows someone who could've gotten them a ticket. 

A small child only knows his parents who could've got him one. Unless they already take them, they cannot go. 

There is no excuse for not going,you're right,I do have mine,as has my bairn and my pals. I don't care about anyone else not having when they've had the opportunity to get. 

Very chuffed for you. I'd rather additional folk were there supporting Aberdeen. You appear to want Celtic fans there as the Aberdeen fans aren't as good a fan as you... 

Mots good how you keep avoiding what I say in replies and only focus on the negative. 

People know they need points. 

People have chances to gain points. 

People didn't take that chance to gain points. 

I just don't understand what part of that you don't get.

You have to earn the right to be there,just like the players,not get it handed to you on a plate  

And what part of it don't you get that not everyone could get a ticket. Small children seduced by the glamour of a cup final. Folk who have long since moved from Aberdeen/Scotland. 

It's natural that folk will glory hunt and want to go to the big games. 

Its not an aberdonian attitude at all,

It really is. Can't imagine fans of many other clubs would rather have opposition fans in the stadium than folk supporting their own team, just because they think these fans don't "deserve" to be there. 

it's an attitude of someone that goes to watch a team through all the shit that has been the last 20 years and doesn't like see people crawling out of the woodwork. 

I've spent years supporting and watching shite too. I don't think i'm some sort of superior fan and think others are less worthy than me. 

The 40 or so people around us on Friday night after 10 minutes being the perfect example. 

As I alluded to earlier,where were these 25,000 or so fans that were lost to the game,attended the league cup final and deserted the team again,6 days later?

Don't know. I was at both games. 

They were in their usual place,at home or in the pub,moaning that it's too cold,expensive or the team wasn't very good. 

25,000 people,abandoned,lost to the team,6 days after winning a national cup. 

It was a nice day IIRC, possibly even t-shirt weather. They've no excuses!! I'd take their names and ban them from Pittodrie. That way we don't have to listen to anyone that isn't a super, dooper fan. 

They deserve nothing. 

What every fan of AFC deserves is the club to do the best thing for AFC. By rejecting this additional allocation, they rejected the chance of having additional AFC fans there. That's not good for AFC, no matter how much you say that folk "deserve nothing". 

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

They could easily sell them,but I can assume aberdeens stance,as childish as it is,would be along the lines of,if you can't back us at home and semi finals,then you're not getting a ticket for the final,which I kinda agree on. 

No idea why it's making me quote this post but anyway, it's a very weird attitude from a fan to prefer the opposition to have more supporters there than their own team.

Just so it's clear, are you really saying that because, for a variety of reasons, I haven't been to enough games in the past two years to have been able to get a ticket for myself through fair means or foul, you'd rather have a Celtic fan in the seat I would've gladly occupied?

30 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

No idea why it's making me quote this post but anyway, it's a very weird attitude from a fan to prefer the opposition to have more supporters there than their own team.

Just so it's clear, are you really saying that because, for a variety of reasons, I haven't been to enough games in the past two years to have been able to get a ticket for myself through fair means or foul, you'd rather have a Celtic fan in the seat I would've gladly occupied?

When you can quote where I said this,I shall repeat everything I've already said :ok:

Until you do,I'll stick to the assumption that you made it up. 

25 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

When you can quote where I said this,I shall repeat everything I've already said :ok:

Until you do,I'll stick to the assumption that you made it up. 

"You have to earn the right to be there" you said.

The only measurable criteria for "earning the right" was that laid down by AFC, including their decision not to take up the extra tickets available, which you said you agree with.

Therefore I couldn't get a ticket, you support the reason why I couldn't, and therefore a Celtic fan gets it instead.

To repeat my question; given that I couldn't meet the criteria set by AFC, are you happy that a Celtic fan will have that seat instead?

34 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

"You have to earn the right to be there" you said.

The only measurable criteria for "earning the right" was that laid down by AFC, including their decision not to take up the extra tickets available, which you said you agree with.

Therefore I couldn't get a ticket, you support the reason why I couldn't, and therefore a Celtic fan gets it instead.

To repeat my question; given that I couldn't meet the criteria set by AFC, are you happy that a Celtic fan will have that seat instead?

To buy a ticket,you have to go and watch the team,not regularly,as you said,twice in 2 years would do it. 

You didn't even have to go to the game,even buying a couple of tickets at £15 a time would've ensured you had enough points to buy a ticket. 

There was enough yahoo on here and elsewhere about us not selling all the tickets and there was a lull towards the end of the sales,showing the demand wasn't there as much as was hyped. 

I don't care who has the seat,Celtic or Aberdeen,if they've done enough to be eligible to purchase a ticket,I'm more than happy that have been able to watch the final from the stadium. 

You clearly haven't if you haven't gotten a ticket,you have no right to get one before someone that has been going to games. 

And given that you don't meet the criteria to buy one,I'm glad you're not getting one to make an occasional appearance at a glamour game. 

Slug it out in the wind and the rain with the rest of the fans and that'll mean you get one next season :ok:

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

To buy a ticket,you have to go and watch the team,not regularly,as you said,twice in 2 years would do it. 

You didn't even have to go to the game,even buying a couple of tickets at £15 a time would've ensured you had enough points to buy a ticket. 

There was enough yahoo on here and elsewhere about us not selling all the tickets and there was a lull towards the end of the sales,showing the demand wasn't there as much as was hyped. 

I don't care who has the seat,Celtic or Aberdeen,if they've done enough to be eligible to purchase a ticket,I'm more than happy that have been able to watch the final from the stadium. 

You clearly haven't if you haven't gotten a ticket,you have no right to get one before someone that has been going to games. 

And given that you don't meet the criteria to buy one,I'm glad you're not getting one to make an occasional appearance at a glamour game. 

Slug it out in the wind and the rain with the rest of the fans and that'll mean you get one next season :ok:

So yes, you'd rather a Celtic fan got a ticket than an Aberdeen fan.

You're either on the wind up or doing a good job of proving why us Aberdeen fans are the weirdest out there ?

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Elitist "I'm all right Jack claptrap"

As I pointed out earlier and Parklife mentioned also, what about the far flung Dons?

Many of these might have even been attendance when you earned your 2 stars on your shirt.

Hate the old firm but because of the arrogance of you and deecie I hope Celtic pump you 7-0. 

7 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Elitist "I'm all right Jack claptrap"

As I pointed out earlier and Parklife mentioned also, what about the far flung Dons?

Many of these might have even been attendance when you earned your 2 stars on your shirt.

Hate the old firm but because of the arrogance of you and deecie I hope Celtic pump you 7-0. 

For the far flung,they could've still been in possession of points by merely spending £30 a season on tickets to ensure they had them,but everyone seems to be brushing over the facts I'm stating by complaining about everything else. 

Or asked a friend to use their spare one,it's not rocket science. 

Unless you're really thick. 

And for your last point,many possibly were in attendance,but now they can't go to games? 

As ive said before,there's no excuse for not being able to purchase a ticket for this final,none whatsoever,but people will still try and find some. 

Edited by dandydunn

4 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

For the far flung,they could've still been in possession of points by merely spending £30 a season on tickets to ensure they had them,but everyone seems to be brushing over the facts I'm stating by complaining about everything else. 

Or asked a friend to use their spare one,it's not rocket science. 

Unless you're really thick. 

And for your last point,many possibly were in attendance,but now they can't go to games? 

As ive said before,there's no excuse for not being able to purchase a ticket for this final,none whatsoever,but people will still try and find some. 

Just to be clear, I knew exactly what I could've done to secure a ticket. However, im amused that you'd rather a Celtic fan was there instead of us taking up the extra tickets available to us. That's mental ?

5 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

Just to be clear, I knew exactly what I could've done to secure a ticket. However, im amused that you'd rather a Celtic fan was there instead of us taking up the extra tickets available to us. That's mental ?

Yet I still haven't said that. 

I said I would rather someone that deserved one got one,whether it's Aberdeen or Celtic. 

Stop making things up as you're clearly another that's ignoring any points I've made and just looking for an arguement. 

Loyal fans deserve first dibs in tickets,the hangers in can have whatever is left,in this case,there's none. 

People have to accept that. 

:lol: FFS the day you start to rationalize your club surrendering thousands of cup final tickets to the opposition fans when you could have had your own support in the seats is the day you have disappeared up your own arsehole. Utter madness but crack on.

I agree above this attitude makes you want to see them get pumped. Very arrogant. 

23 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Yet I still haven't said that. 

I said I would rather someone that deserved one got one,whether it's Aberdeen or Celtic. 

Stop making things up as you're clearly another that's ignoring any points I've made and just looking for an arguement. 

Loyal fans deserve first dibs in tickets,the hangers in can have whatever is left,in this case,there's none. 

People have to accept that. 

But the point is there could have been more but you and Stewarty would rather have Celtic fans in there than fellow Dons. I'm cool with that but do find it amusing, regardless of whether or not they're "deserving" Celtic fans or "undeserving" dons like me.

im not after an argument btw, I just think that attitude is mental.

Edited by wee-toon-red