Scottish Cup Weekend - Page 22 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Weekend

19 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

But the point is there could have been more but you and Stewarty would rather have Celtic fans in there than fellow Dons. I'm cool with that but do find it amusing, regardless of whether or not they're "deserving" Celtic fans or "undeserving" dons like me.

im not after an argument btw, I just think that attitude is mental.

I agree they could've had more,but there is no guarantee we would sell them. 

We didn't sell out our last 2 semis or final,as much as I do actually hate it,this is just about us at full strength in the stands,people simply aren't interested if there's a (let's be honest 70/30) chance of winning the cup. 

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/16/2017 at 8:16 PM, Redz said:

Hard to disagree.

As an aside, you do appear to take a 'wee' bit of pleasure in running the city / area & AFC down at any opportunity.

Why is that?

Well all I can tell you is that I grew up in Aberdeen, I call it my home town, it is the team I follow if any (support is too far). I have a lot of fond memories of and affection for the city. Always will.

Yet of late you are getting on my teats I admit. See the posts after your's for one example but that is only surface. I find the place politically insular and selfish.

Why is that?

(FFS get it together.)

It is funny how Aberdeen and Edinburgh look down their noses at Dundee and Glasgow when the 2014 vote showed it should have been the other way around all along. They think their shit does not stink. ;) 

31 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Well all I can tell you is that I grew up in Aberdeen, I call it my home town, it is the team I follow if any (support is too far). I have a lot of fond memories of and affection for the city. Always will.

Yet of late you are getting on my teats I admit. See the posts after your's for one example but that is only surface. I find the place politically insular and selfish.

Why is that?

Why is that?

I really have no idea.

12 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I agree they could've had more,but there is no guarantee we would sell them. 

After winning last night, we'd definitely have sold them. 

We didn't sell out our last 2 semis or final,

We were about 200 hundred away in the LC Final and that was with AFC having a stupid 1 ticket per account sales policy. 

as much as I do actually hate it,this is just about us at full strength in the stands,

I pretty much agree. We'd have sold 21.5k tickets for our first Scottish Cup Final in 17 years though. 

On 17/05/2017 at 9:36 AM, Jersey Jim said:

I assume that's tongue in cheek Deccie, if not what utter nonsense, what about the thousands of Dons fans who live down south or abroad so can't go every week for obvious reasons?

Am I any less of a St Mirren fan than those who go most weeks?

To get 2 tickets in the Aberdeen end you would have had to have been to 1 (one) game in the last 2 years... If you still managed to miss out then I have limited sympathy.

223740-aberdeen-celebrate-cup-win.jpg

If anyone is aware of two spare Aberdeen end tickets, i'll take them off their hands.

Ideally and adult and child but would take two adult ones. 

Thanks

On Friday, May 19, 2017 at 9:15 AM, Parklife said:

If anyone is aware of two spare Aberdeen end tickets, i'll take them off their hands.

Thanks

Thats Nice of you parkie , but how did you know I was needing two ?

On 19/05/2017 at 9:15 AM, Parklife said:

Thanks

Someone just posted on AFC Stand Free on Facebook asking if anyone is looking for tickets. Maybe worth a message. 

36 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Someone just posted on AFC Stand Free on Facebook asking if anyone is looking for tickets. Maybe worth a message. 

Cheers man. :ok: I'm sorted now. Person who was coming with me is now going with someone else, while my nephew is coming with me. Didn't want him to miss out :) 

22 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Meh. Not like he's an international or anything.....

He's experienced in doing what we need him to though...

JS64887276.jpg

I personally could get through the day without having one. I don't see why we have them at all at football matches.

What positive purpose do they serve? None, but they do have the potential to be a negative. Not suggesting anyone would disrupt this particular silence on purpose but there's going to be loads of people still outside the ground when it's taking place. They're likely to still be making plenty of noise and if the camera picks it up then it lets all the halfwits on social media,who weren't at the game, post ill informed pish about what actually happen.

What good does that do anyone?