BBC Attitude Towards Scottish Fitba - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

BBC Attitude Towards Scottish Fitba

Top story was Man City Huddersfield cup game, 2nd was some English lassies game, 3rd was Real Madrid v Las Palmas, 4th was Luis Enrique quitting, 5th was live text coverage of Scottish fitba.

Our game isnt brilliant, but theres a complete lack of respect by the BBC.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to scroll down well past 60% of the page on BBC Sport Football to get a mention of Scottish football.    Anything "above the fold" is their priority.   Anything below is Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish. 

Really bugged me the other day as I scrolled and scrolled and scrolled then clicked on the SPFL Premiership story, which took me away to BBC News as it was a generic story related to football that goes on to almost every page if they don't have any content.   C*nts.  

7 hours ago, kumnio said:

Top story was Man City Huddersfield cup game, 2nd was some English lassies game, 3rd was Real Madrid v Las Palmas, 4th was Luis Enrique quitting, 5th was live text coverage of Scottish fitba.

Shut it Jock - back in your box. 

16 hours ago, kumnio said:

Another union dividend kumnio - suck it up.

9 hours ago, stocky said:

BBC at Ibrox today.. i thought they were in the huff with each other?  

Whats the story 

were they there or watching it on the TV feed?

Edited by Mark frae Crieff

22 minutes ago, Mark frae Crieff said:

were they there or watching it on the TV feed?

it was on sportscene , so there cameras were there..  commentary as well

4 minutes ago, deecie said:

Can we trust what the BBC say happens at Ibrox?

I'm gonna dismiss this "6-0" thing as FAKE NEWS.

Assume Hamilton won 1-0 (a great result to achieve against Hamilton IMO).

Very good Donald. ? 

2 hours ago, stocky said:

it was on sportscene , so there cameras were there..  commentary as well

I think they take the feeds from Sky and add on their tuppence worth.. 

The last Celtic v TRangers game from Ibrox that's what they did for the radio

6 hours ago, Mark frae Crieff said:

I think they take the feeds from Sky and add on their tuppence worth.. 

The last Celtic v TRangers game from Ibrox that's what they did for the radio

Cheers Ta 

8 hours ago, deecie said:

Can we trust what the BBC say happens at Ibrox?

I'm gonna dismiss this "6-0" thing as FAKE NEWS.

Assume Hamilton won 1-0 (a great result to achieve against Hamilton IMO).

Eh? Hamilton beat Hamilton 1-0? Even the BBC couldn't make that one up.

Problem is that will highlight the interest of the Scottish viewing public.  Far too many people have little interest in domestic game.  That's why Scottish football internationals are becoming more like rugby ones.  

The sooner we, as adults stop allowing our children to be captivated by the Sky Sports league in England the greater the demand will be for domestic stuff. Our generation(I'm in my late 30s) is fvcked. We grew up with the Man U, Newcastle nonsense. Now we have the Chelsea, Man City pish. There is no demand for the game in Scotland because too many idiots fall for the "Scottish fitba's pish" line. I won't name names on here. You know who I mean.

I await the inevitable 'yawn' reply. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ormond

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

I wish they were!

Same here

attacking play, winning matches, players playing with pride and determination, scoring and climbing the rankings.

sounds feckin great to me.

The mixed group of people I go to Scotland games with I am the only person to have a season ticket for a Scottish club.  Some will go to a couple games a season including when I drag them to watch my team.  Others don't even know some Scottish players.  Its getting depressing.  Then they rant about no young players coming through.

1 minute ago, Alan said:

The mixed group of people I go to Scotland games with I am the only person to have a season ticket for a Scottish club.  Some will go to a couple games a season including when I drag them to watch my team.  Others don't even know some Scottish players.  Its getting depressing.  Then they rant about no young players coming through.

Yeah. Much of the "Here for the Party TA" contribute nothing to Scottish domestic football. 

4 minutes ago, Alan said:

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah. Much of the "Here for the Party TA" contribute nothing to Scottish domestic football. 

most of the lads I go to games with would attend domestic matches or they at least have an interest in a Scottish team Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen mostly. 

14 hours ago, Alan said:

Problem is that will highlight the interest of the Scottish viewing public.  Far too many people have little interest in domestic game.  That's why Scottish football internationals are becoming more like rugby ones.  

Wow that's a generalisation. I go to the rugby internationals sometimes, of the mates I go with one is the club manager of a BT division 1 club, he takes his sons who both play, another is an ex first team player and youth coach at a BT Premiership club and used to play for and captain scotland under 19s, his son plays for the club. Another who is living abroad is an ex premiership and first team player and ex Scotland under 21s player. If you are insinuating that rugby crowds don't know their game then you are very ignorant of a large proportion of those who attend.

Of course many are just supporters who don't follow rugby closely - as with many sporting crowds but tickets for rugby internationals go to every club in the country to ensure players and supporters have a chance to attend. A large proportion of rugby crowds I would say are fairly knowledgeable about the game.