David Haye - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

14 hours ago, Reevesy said:

People enjoy violence and competition. It's not really hard to understand surely?

Two fairly unlikeable chaps, not sure who I want to lose the least yet. 

I've decided I want Bellew to lose least and also it would funny if haye lost this fight. Bellew can't lose unless he ends up badly hurt , what I mean is Bellew is expected to lose to the bigger man and he gets to return to Cruiserweight and retain his built. If Haye loses he's done as a heavyweight boxer. 

As someone already said, it's a big pay day for Hearn without much risk to his fighter's reputation. Bellew only needs to do what Brook did with Golovkin, last a few rounds and get some decent punches in and that's it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, dan cake said:

Excellent contest and some post fight bromancing

and we all thought they hated each other  ;)

Some of the boxing pre fight drama, usually promoted by Hearn is worse than WWE/WWF events. 

The biggest rip-off is all this PPV crap. You can sometimes pay £20 for a fight that lasts 20 seconds with a crap underbill. Talk about an outrageous rip-off. I reckon they should charge per round or something like that not paying money up front for something that fails to materialize into what is promised. Its like paying £400 for a television if it breaks down or you are not satisfied you get your money back - not with PPV though.

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The biggest rip-off is all this PPV crap. You can sometimes pay £20 for a fight that lasts 20 seconds with a crap underbill. Talk about an outrageous rip-off. I reckon they should charge per round or something like that not paying money up front for something that fails to materialize into what is promised. Its like paying £400 for a television if it breaks down or you are not satisfied you get your money back - not with PPV though.

If they charged by round it would open the fights up to "fixing". fighters would want the fight to last as long as possible to get as much money as they can.

fights can last one round or 12, it all adds to the anticipation of the event. Everyone knew Joshua's previous fights wouldn't last long but people want to see him knock his opponent out, they don't want to see a boring 12 round match go to points. The knock out is the attraction for many.

every now an then a Chisora v Whyte style fight comes along where you get true value for money. 

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

depends what website you watch it on... i pay$35 a year for all sky etc incl PPV :D

Edited by Mark frae Crieff

1 hour ago, Mark frae Crieff said:

depends what website you watch it on... i pay$35 a year for all sky etc incl PPV :D

No I realize that. However, I seem to be out of touch now as seems like there are people like vanderark who don't have a problem paying £20 for potentially 10 to 20 seconds of action. I suppose I am just too old and remember the days that the biggest boxing matches were nearly always on free to view television.

13 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No I realize that. However, I seem to be out of touch now as seems like there are people like vanderark who don't have a problem paying £20 for potentially 10 to 20 seconds of action. I suppose I am just too old and remember the days that the biggest boxing matches were nearly always on free to view television.

Aye gone are those days ..... 

12 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I didn't pay for anything, my point was, how long the fight lasts is irrelevant.

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I didn't pay for anything, my point was, how long the fight lasts is irrelevant.

And my basic original point was about paying to watch the fight. It is ludicrous when a person (not me now) has already paid around £100 for Sky Sports channels then they are being asked to pay more. Not having a pop at posters more at the greedy b********s that are Sky.

15 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And my basic original point was about paying to watch the fight. It is ludicrous when a person (not me now) has already paid around £100 for Sky Sports channels then they are being asked to pay more. Not having a pop at posters more at the greedy b********s that are Sky.

Blame the punters who pay for it. 

30 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

That is like the chicken and the egg though. Sky put the charge their first. I don't think it is up for debate - Sky are greedy b********s.

I'm not disputing that sky are greedy bastards just like most businesses. If the punters are willing to pay extra, Sky will continue to charge them. 

I watched it live on a dodgy foreign feed and did not realize what happened in the 6th.

Not sure he snapped it as that would be severe but something clearly happened there and after that he was a sitting duck versus before. He was still looking slow as hell in rounds one thru three but watching it again this morning knowing what had happened he was starting to find his range in the 4th and especially the 5th and then after the 6th is was all one way traffic. Haye looked really rusty even before his leg went.